Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Two things that go against Montreal:

LANDESKOG IS THE TEAM CAPTAIN
COLORADO HAS CAP SPACE TO RE-SIGN LANDESKOG

One thing going for Montreal or another team pursuing Landeskog:

Bukarovsky can adequately replace Landeskog on the first line and on the first PP wave. That can make COL think twice as the stakes rise in a bidding par for Landeskog.

I believe there is enough cap space if a new things happen:

1) Tatar not re-signed - 4.8m savings
2) Drouin traded without holding back Cap, he retires in shroud of mystery or is taken by Seattle after left unprotected (the tarde-off is Seattle taking Byron in a trade for a 7th round pick - 5.5M savings + 3.4M savings
3) Weber moved without holding back much Cap - 6M savings after cap Held back or bad contract received in exchange being bought out.
4) Calculate 1.475M in savings on lower Allen contract

21.175M savings

Extra costs for Gallagher 2.75M
Extra Cost for Petry .75M
Extra cost for Kotkaniemi 2.6M (3.5M for 3 years)
Looming Costs to Suzuki and Romanov (3.75M more at 4.5M + 2,65M at 3.5M )

Total: 12.75M

Left over for Landeskog:

7.5M + 750K for IR, including incremental raises for Armia and Lehkonen (2.75M, 2.5M).

The D would look something like:

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov
Kulak - Fleury
Guhle, Norlinder, Harris in the wings.
We don't need to move that much stuff, also, Alzner's buyout penalty will take 2m less on the cap next year.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Two things that go against Montreal:

LANDESKOG IS THE TEAM CAPTAIN
COLORADO HAS CAP SPACE TO RE-SIGN LANDESKOG

One thing going for Montreal or another team pursuing Landeskog:

Bukarovsky can adequately replace Landeskog on the first line and on the first PP wave. That can make COL think twice as the stakes rise in a bidding par for Landeskog.

I believe there is enough cap space if a new things happen:

1) Tatar not re-signed - 4.8m savings
2) Drouin traded without holding back Cap, he retires in shroud of mystery or is taken by Seattle after left unprotected (the tarde-off is Seattle taking Byron in a trade for a 7th round pick - 5.5M savings + 3.4M savings
3) Weber moved without holding back much Cap - 6M savings after cap Held back or bad contract received in exchange being bought out.
4) Calculate 1.475M in savings on lower Allen contract

21.175M savings

Extra costs for Gallagher 2.75M
Extra Cost for Petry .75M
Extra cost for Kotkaniemi 2.6M (3.5M for 3 years)
Looming Costs to Suzuki and Romanov (3.75M more at 4.5M + 2,65M at 3.5M )

Total: 12.75M

Left over for Landeskog:

7.5M + 750K for IR, including incremental raises for Armia and Lehkonen (2.75M, 2.5M).

The D would look something like:

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov
Kulak - Fleury
Guhle, Norlinder, Harris in the wings.

If Landeskog makes it to the UFA market, I expect us to be players. He's a MB type of player and now that we've had some playoff success, free agents may want to come here.

But I doubt he makes it to the ufa market, so will only consider him once he actually does.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Eichel for Kotkaniemi, 1st in 2021, 1st in 2022, along with Byron, Drouin, and Kulak.

ouff... I'm probably more bullish than most on JKO's ceiling but would be impossible to turn that down given the 3 other contracts it takes off the books and the "right now" bump to the roster Eichel would represent (taking advantage of Price's remaining peak, and Weber/Petry/Gally before they decline further).

on the flip side, while i'm sure some would disagree, i could see that working out as well/better for the Sabres. JKO is going to be very good, if not great. 2x 1st's give them some quality assets, and Drouin/Byron/Kulak are all upgrades to their current roster that they can fit in cap-wise and improve their depth while they rebuild around Dahlin, Cozens, Quinn, Powers, Mittelstad et.

Jul 6, 2016
Eichel for Kotkaniemi, 1st in 2021, 1st in 2022, along with Byron, Drouin, and Kulak.

Eichel has a very serious health problem that is not fixed yet. He wants a special surgery on his spine. Buffalo doesn't . But the guy could be on IR for a full season.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If we can't acquire a puck moving D through trade, I wouldn't mind going after Alec Martinez on a shorter term deal.

Plays lots of minutes, can skate and move the puck.. would look good beside Weber.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
If Landeskog makes it to the UFA market, I expect us to be players. He's a MB type of player and now that we've had some playoff success, free agents may want to come here.

But I doubt he makes it to the ufa market, so will only consider him once he actually does.
Cap space ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
rather keep Harris tbh Patrick is a bust and not a fan of Ghost we can find better options for a pmd

I'm a fan of Harris as well so did I offer too much? Also not sure the Habs trade Drouin to the Flyers.... he would die there lol.

Just an idea to even out the cap. What I do like with Patrick is his shot. I always like guys that can shoot the puck. It would basically be Drouin vs Ghost and Harris vs Patrick. Not even sure the 3rd is required.

The other way to look at it is Gusta back on a team friendly deal is better than Ghost. I was trying to acquire Patrick and a fast skating puck mover while also unloading Drouin who needs a change.

Not my favorite idea but was curious to see what others thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad