Fleury

Price
Allen

:popcorn:

Reactions: DAChampion

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Definitely time to make a blockbuster offer for Sam Girard. He is what we need.

KK + Chariot + Harris+ 1st round pick 2021 <-> Girard + Newhook

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Saad/Schwartz - Danault - Gallagher
Armia - Newhook - Anderson
Lekhonen - Evans - Perry

Out: Tatar, Byron (cap)

Girard- Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Kulak

It would really suck to loose KK (like big time), but you gotta give to receive.

Last edited:

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
If they do trade Drouin, I'd keep an eye out for a Drouin/Monahan swap. Both have 2 years left at similar money. Monahan got dropped to 2c in Calgary this year and had his worst statistical season yet. He would add some depth back into the C position if Danault leaves.

Reactions: Surfer72

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If they do trade Drouin, I'd keep an eye out for a Drouin/Monahan swap. Both have 2 years left at similar money. Monahan got dropped to 2c in Calgary this year and had his worst statistical season yet. He would add some depth back into the C position if Danault leaves.

don't think Sutter would ok a trade for a guy like Drouin

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

And what's in it for Calgary?

I would be interested in a Monahan-Anderson swap. We could play Monahan on the wing and then at center if there are injuries. Apparently he doesn't have good vision, but is a good shooter. We'd need to add though. But I doubt it's what Calgary is looking for.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
PMDs have to be our #1 target...it's simple; we can't move the damn puck and a team of star forwards isn't going to change that...offering whatever it takes (a signed Danault +++...within reason) for Girard is a start...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
And what's in it for Calgary?

I would be interested in a Monahan-Anderson swap. We could play Monahan on the wing and then at center if there are injuries. Apparently he doesn't have good vision, but is a good shooter. We'd need to add though. But I doubt it's what Calgary is looking for.

i could see Calgary being willing to do something around Monahan/Anderson... but can't really see how that suits our needs? Monahan is a better player, but what he brings isn't exactly an area of need for us, and his flaws/weaknesses are not insignificant as far as limiting his overall effectiveness as a top6 C. While the value is there, and Anderson was underwhelming offensively for most of this year, i'd still see him as a better fit for us than monahan going forward.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Definitely time to make a blockbuster offer for Sam Girard. He is what we need.

KK + Chariot + Harris+ 1st round pick 2021 <-> Girard + Newhook

Saad/Schwartz - Danault - Gallagher
Armia - Newhook - Anderson
Lekhonen - Evans - Perry

Out: Tatar, Byron (cap)

Girard- Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Kulak

It would really suck to loose KK (like big time), but you gotta give to receive.

Take out KK and Newhook. Just play Poehling and we get to keep KK.

Or just make it Brook and Poehling for Girard + a small piece

Reactions: DAChampion

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i could see Calgary being willing to do something around Monahan/Anderson... but can't really see how that suits our needs? Monahan is a better player, but what he brings isn't exactly an area of need for us, and his flaws/weaknesses are not insignificant as far as limiting his overall effectiveness as a top6 C. While the value is there, and Anderson was underwhelming offensively for most of this year, i'd still see him as a better fit for us than monahan going forward.

I have a lot of question Mark's about Josh Anderson going forward. Hopefully he answers him this upcoming series. This type of series it seems to me is what we got him for. Let's hope he can deliver.

Reactions: Miller Time

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Wonder if Avs double down on their offense strategy and do Drouin for Girard swap? To reunite Drouin & MacKinnon?

Reactions: Surfer72

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Wonder if Avs double down on their offense strategy and do Drouin for Girard swap? To reunite Drouin & MacKinnon?

I have a hard time seeing the Avs move Girard short of a massive massive overpayment... While he struggled in this series, he had an excellent year, is 23, and is already a bargain at a 5M cap hit that is long term. Even if he doesn't improve and learn how to better handle the physicality of the playoffs, it's still a great deal for a very solid #2/spectacular #3 dman.

if, and it's a big IF, MB was willing to gamble a bit on a wild card, I could see a Drouin/Kadri swap working for both teams.

Kadri is a good hockey player, despite the propensity to make dangerous hits... He's on the last year of his current deal, so gotta believe he'd be on his best behavior all year long in trying to cement his next deal. Would be a suitable replacement for Danault, while adding a bit more offensive support to our top-9.

For the Avs, tough to say it they will want to cut ties with Kadri after back to back playoff miscues, but it wouldn't be surprising. They needed some better secondary scoring up front, and Drouin's a good addition in that regard wether he plays shotgun with his junior running mate Mac (freeing up Rantanen to slide to another line) or slotting into their 2nd line.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
My combo list of expectations/wants to occur for signings/trades.

Let walk: Tomas Tatar. Sorry Tuna. Eric Staal, Jon Merrill and Erik Gustafsson.

LTIR - Jonathan Drouin

Re-sign Corey Perry. He’s been awesome for us in every way, I’d offer him a one year deal and he can anchor the fourth line.

Re-sign Phil Danault. It’s a no brainer, he’s a shutdown Center par excellence and a Franco to boot. I’d do 4 million per though as his offence is limited.

Re-sign Joel Armia. Has been super effective on the penalty kill and along the boards while scoring some timely goals. 3.3 for 3 years.

Sign deals with Lehkonen and Kotkaniemi.

Trade 2021 3rd round pick to Seattle in order to select Paul Byron in expansion draft.

Sign UFA: Brandon Montour. A sneakily good defenseman that reminds me a lot of a young Jeff Petry. Terrific skater that can move the puck well, and can QB a power play, while having a bit of a nasty streak to his game. I’d be willing to bet you’d catch lighting in a bottle with him and Chiarot on a pairing together.

Blake Coleman. A stocky winger that plays a hard nosed physical style, and that can score and kill penalties. He ticks all the boxes for Bergevin. Cup winner, character, works hard.

2022 lineup

Coleman - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Armia - Evans - Perry

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Montour
Romanov - Weber

Price
Allen

Reactions: wildD

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
My combo list of expectations/wants to occur for signings/trades.

Let walk: Tomas Tatar. Sorry Tuna. Eric Staal, Jon Merrill and Erik Gustafsson.

LTIR - Jonathan Drouin

Re-sign Corey Perry. He’s been awesome for us in every way, I’d offer him a one year deal and he can anchor the fourth line.

Re-sign Phil Danault. It’s a no brainer, he’s a shutdown Center par excellence and a Franco to boot. I’d do 4 million per though as his offence is limited.

Re-sign Joel Armia. Has been super effective on the penalty kill and along the boards while scoring some timely goals. 3.3 for 3 years.

Sign deals with Lehkonen and Kotkaniemi.

Trade 2021 3rd round pick to Seattle in order to select Paul Byron in expansion draft.

Sign UFA: Brandon Montour. A sneakily good defenseman that reminds me a lot of a young Jeff Petry. Terrific skater that can move the puck well, and can QB a power play, while having a bit of a nasty streak to his game. I’d be willing to bet you’d catch lighting in a bottle with him and Chiarot on a pairing together.

Blake Coleman. A stocky winger that plays a hard nosed physical style, and that can score and kill penalties. He ticks all the boxes for Bergevin. Cup winner, character, works hard.

2022 lineup

Coleman - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Armia - Evans - Perry

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Montour
Romanov - Weber

Price
Allen
This is an interesting take, although I'd have to take your word as regards to Montour. His stock was quite high at some point, but then he kind of failed to establish himself. Maybe it's the effect of a wasteland that is Buffalo.

Not sure about the pairings. I have a hard time imagining Weber being used any other way than big minutes in hard matchups. He could be used situationaly with Chiarot I guess.

Coleman is certainly one of the options to look at to replace Drouin. The others are Saad and Killorn.

I don't think a 3rd round pick is enough to entice someone to take Byron. This might be possible only a year from now. That's why I'm not sure we could afford Armia. We also need a good 13th forward. Perry started on the taxi squad this season and this kind of depth proved invaluable.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Depending on our success or failure in the remaining playoffs, I'd go for Jack Eichel or Seth Jones.

If a player of Eichel's talent and still so young at 24, you cannot afford to not at least inquire and offer. Leave the surgery to the surgeons and just hope our management can get a player like him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Depending on our success or failure in the remaining playoffs, I'd go for Jack Eichel or Seth Jones.

If a player of Eichel's talent and still so young at 24, you cannot afford to not at least inquire and offer. Leave the surgery to the surgeons and just hope our management can get a player like him.

For both those players you'll have to give up at least 2 of our biggest fish. Since we don't have a fish as big as them. One will be Suzuki.

They don't want a bunch minnows, or 4 quarters for a dollar.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
For both those players you'll have to give up at least 2 of our biggest fish. Since we don't have a fish as big as them. One will be Suzuki.

They don't want a bunch minnows, or 4 quarters for a dollar.

Yup and I agree. You have to give up talent to receive talent. As much as I like Nick Suzuki (having his jersey, look at my avatar, being Asian myself), I'd offer Suzuki for Eichel without hesitation. We haven't had a player of Eichel's potential and production since I don't even remember. Not saying one on one trade but include Suzuki for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad