Proposal: Trade Thread Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He only said "Danault +". He said nothing about Caufield other than hoping he's not involved.

Regardless, it's always fun to speculate.

I know. It's fun to speculate yes. Just wanted to mentioned the hero or zero joke to him. Would he be the first to be right on the rumor... friend of a friend insider info? :sarcasm:

Habs fans right now... Excited and can't wait :laugh:

giphy.gif

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm comparing Laine from 18-21 vs Patch in his prime. Laine put up Patch numbers from 18-21. That's what I meant. Of course he is a goal scoring machine... if you have the right center and mix of top 6 forwards for him. He's not a line driver and you need to list to Wheeler's comment... "he's not doing that all by himself".

Take away his shot? What's left? I'm a huge Laine fan but he's not a complete forward. I'd still trade for him though and then overpay him on the next contract. We need that shot power
Why would you make that comparison? Makes no sense. Paciroetty also never hit the 40 goal mark.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why would you make that comparison? Makes no sense. Paciroetty also never hit the 40 goal mark.

Just I want to. Laine from 18-21 put up Patch in his prime numbers. Average it out.... Laine has 37 goals in 4 years. Highest is 44 goals and Patch was 39. You trying to say that I'm trying to say it was exact? :laugh:

I see flat trajectory with Laine from 18-21 and playing with legit top 6 talent too. Do you see Laine getting better? What part of his game? Skating? Power game? I think the truth is in the middle and you think he is a young Ovi the way you are talking about him and his trade value. You sound like Jets fans.

Laine is good but not that good. I'd still trade for him. But you are pretending his is this complete forward that creates space for himself with his skating. That's false! He needs to play with talent to put up those numbers.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Another possibility is the Blues their cap is at 76.3 and they still have to sign Pietrangelo and Dunn......some deal for Tarasenko or Schwartz...but Tarasenko has a full NTC and Schwartz has a modified NTC.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Just I want to. Laine from 18-21 put up Patch in his prime numbers. Average it out.... Laine has 37 goals in 4 years. Highest is 44 goals and Patch was 39. You trying to say that I'm trying to say it was exact? :laugh:

I see flat trajectory with Laine from 18-21 and playing with legit top 6 talent too. Do you see Laine getting better? What part of his game? Skating? Power game? I think the truth is in the middle and you think he is a young Ovi the way you are talking about him and his trade value. You sound like Jets fans.

Laine is good but not that good. I'd still trade for him. But you are pretending his is this complete forward that creates space for himself with his skating. That's false! He needs to play with talent to put up those numbers.

You really have to stop bringing up young Ovy. No one has compared Laine to young Ovy and no one has given young Ovy trade value to Laine.

In Ovy’s 3rd season he had 65 goals. I couldn’t imagine what that would cost to trade for. But I guarantee it’s a ton more than Domi, Caufield, and a 1st.

Reactions: Deebs

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Another possibility is the Blues their cap is at 76.3 and they still have to sign Pietrangelo and Dunn......some deal for Tarasenko or Schwartz...but Tarasenko has a full NTC and Schwartz has a modified NTC.
Schwartz is small and we have enough small. Tarasenko had 2 shoulder surgeries this year so I would also stay away

Reactions: Deebs

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
My expectations are so low with the Habs right now that if this "all in" big scoring winger happens it'll probably be someone like Saad or something underwhelming like that. Saad is only 6'1" though but that's likely considered big for a Habs forward. :sarcasm:

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Other wingers who had down years last year....Meier,Arvidsson and Athanasiou who is an RFA most likely will not be qualified by the Oilers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You really have to stop bringing up young Ovy. No one has compared Laine to young Ovy and no one has given young Ovy trade value to Laine.

In Ovy’s 3rd season he had 65 goals. I couldn’t imagine what that would cost to trade for. But I guarantee it’s a ton more than Domi, Caufield, and a 1st.

Laine from 18-21 is closer to what Patch did in his prime vs Ovi from 18-21. You can ask me to stop but I won't. And only speak for yourself, not "No One" is saying that. When someone pumps up Laine that much... I will bring up the Ovi comment. Deal with it! Here is another one... Laine has the same pts/game as Domi over the last two seasons playing with much better talent. :laugh: Laine is good but that good! I'd still love to acquire him cause we need that shot power.

You should avoid saying "I guarantee". And for the record... I don't have both Caufield and the 1st together on top of Danault or Domi. Get the seed planted right in your head before you try to use it in the future.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My expectations are so low with the Habs right now that if this "all in" big scoring winger happens it'll probably be someone like Saad or something underwhelming like that. Saad is only 6'1" though but that's likely considered big for a Habs forward. :sarcasm:

Probably true but for Danault+?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Brodin Extension in Minnesota Sends Waves...
In the world of Flat caps and uncertain fan attendance, a 7 year/$42M extension for Jonis Brodin in Minnesota is a huge domino...Not just for the term for a D-man, but the fact that this puts the likelihood of Matt Dumba being moved at substantially higher. I love the signing by Guerin and the confidence a move like this brings to a lockerroom...

next name please that MB wants

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I was just looking at Tarasenko. But would they trade him for Danault+? Or do we have a 3 way type trade? Blues looking for a center?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Laine from 18-21 is closer to what Patch did in his prime vs Ovi from 18-21. You can ask me to stop but I won't. And only speak for yourself, not "No One" is saying that. When someone pumps up Laine that much... I will bring up the Ovi comment. Deal with it! Here is another one... Laine has the same pts/game as Domi over the last two seasons playing with much better talent. :laugh: Laine is good but that good! I'd still love to acquire him cause we need that shot power.

You should avoid saying "I guarantee". And for the record... I don't have both Caufield and the 1st together on top of Danault or Domi. Get the seed planted right in your head before you try to use it in the future.

Sure Laine is closer in goal scoring to Pacioretty in his prime than he is to Ovy.

Young Ovy would have cost at least KK, Suzuki, Caufield, and a 1st (plus probably more) in his young prime. Maybe I’m wrong (it’s a big forum) but I haven’t see anyone put that kind of cost on Laine or the expectations that Laine will be a 60 goal scorer or put up more than 50 in multiple seasons.

And I know you don’t have the 1st, other posters did in their trades.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
- Bergevin says Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov are untouchables in the recent interview...
- Jets shopping Laine...
- Bergevin offered Danault with extention, Caufield, and one of Fleury or Brook... Or maybe even the Jets ask for Chiarot back? Hence the Edmundson trade and signing hold up?

Jets calling team after team looking for others to top our offer where they get a center like Danault (with extension) to play behind Scheifele, a prospect like Caufield to replace Laine, and a RD like Fleury or Brook. And they called Bergevin back cause they had no luck? :laugh:. Don't ruin my dream belittle ones!

4wWUA3G.png

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sure Laine is closer in goal scoring to Pacioretty in his prime than he is to Ovy.

Young Ovy would have cost at least KK, Suzuki, Caufield, and a 1st (plus probably more) in his young prime. Maybe I’m wrong (it’s a big forum) but I haven’t see anyone put that kind of cost on Laine or the expectations that Laine will be a 60 goal scorer or put up more than 50 in multiple seasons.

And I know you don’t have the 1st, other posters did in their trades.

It's all good man. I just love to throw Ovi out there when Laine's trade value is sky rocketed. I also love the same pts/game as Domi over the last two seasons too! Perspective. That's what others did to us with Patch and now with Domi? Take a taste of their own medicine!

Laine is good but not that good. Take away his shot and what is left? Power game? Nope. Elite level skater? Nope. I'd love to add his shot power and I would still trade for him. Just not at that ridiculous price tag some think it is. Laine at $9M - $10M could be an issue. And the other thing I like to bring up... Wheeler quote: He's not doing all that on his own! It's a legit statement from their own captain FFS!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Other wingers who had down years last year....Meier,Arvidsson and Athanasiou who is an RFA most likely will not be qualified by the Oilers.

If it's Danault+, it has to be a team looking for a 200' center and a hole at 2C right? It's the only thing that makes sense... if this is true

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Take this as you may... A close friend of mine who is well-acquainted with someone who has ties within the organization just confirmed to me that Bergevin is going all-in to acquire us a "big scoring winger" in the coming days.
Just curious, how trustworthy do you think the source is? Like if you had to put a percent chance on a big trade like that happening this week.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Just curious, how trustworthy do you think the source is? Like if you had to put a percent chance on a big trade like that happening this week.
I know he knows somebody in the know. That’s 100%. But again, take it is as you will. I’m only reporting back what I heard. I’ll let you know if there are any developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad