Proposal: Trade Thread Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Byron should be dealt too. 3,5 M more $ available then.
To me, Byron and one of Domi or Danault may be dealt. Mete has his warts, but he complements what we have a lot of, as of today. Maybe Romanov and someone like Harris or Norlinder make him redundant soon, but right now, Mete fills a need for a defenseman with elite mobility. All the more so if he keeps working on his shot, which in turn will increase his options in the o-zone. Getting rid of him now strikes me as selling low. We now have yet another crease-clearer that we can pair him with, making his warts a little less unsightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

VirginiaMtlExpat

Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I think for our timeline, cap structure etc as much as i like Laine and his ability to score goals, I think I’d rather bet on Caufield and benefit from them low cost entry level years than go after Laine with him. I know it sounds silly to reject the notion of trading a prospect for a proven scorer like Laine, but I don’t think I do it. I think Caufield although smaller and a year or two away is going to be an elite scorer and I think it’s a mistake not to cash in on these prime entry level years.
I like him as much as you do. If Debrincat can thrive at his size, so can Caufield, all the more so if the latter turns out even more elusive than Debrincat. Debrincat also views Caufield's shot as superior to his, based on a published interview. Caufield definitely has a laser.
upload_2020-9-16_23-39-31.jpeg

VirginiaMtlExpat

Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
With Kulak increasing his stock as a serviceable #4 in the playoffs, while still making peanuts, with the impending influx of two LDs... I wonder if in a Covid economy, he could be the difference between a second-round pick and a first-rounder. :skeptic: Especially for a cash-strapped team. Example: the Sens' third and last first-rounder, obtained from the Isles...

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Montreal no longer has the cap space after Edmundson to go big game UFA shopping without dumping contract(s).

Cap space
Can’t afford him

Then we should trade Tatar for picks/prospects
Sign Hoffman 5 years x 6.5 M
Re-sign Mete 2 yearx 1.8 M
Re-sign Domi 5 years x 5.5 M
Re-sign Hudon to 1 year x 0.8 M
Re-sign Evans to 2 years x 1 M

Hoffman - Suzuki - Drouin
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Armia
Byron - Evans - Weal
Hudon

Chariot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Mete
Kulak

Price
Allen

Alzner sent down

Total: 77.33 M

Essential we replace Tatar with Hoffman + picks/prospects
Tatar has done great in the regular season with the habs, but so has Hoffman
Tatar sucked in the playoffs, whereas Hoffman is a playoff performer.
We get some good assets back for Tatar

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
To me, Byron and one of Domi or Danault may be dealt. Mete has his warts, but he complements what we have a lot of, as of today. Maybe Romanov and someone like Harris or Norlinder make him redundant soon, but right now, Mete fills a need for a defenseman with elite mobility. All the more so if he keeps working on his shot, which in turn will increase his options in the o-zone. Getting rid of him now strikes me as selling low. We now have yet another crease-clearer that we can pair him with, making his warts a little less unsightly.

Got to have two guys sitting watching games and that appears to be Mete and Kulak. Good to have in case of injuries.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
is Charlie Lajoie of TVA Sports credible? says there is a block buster trade in the works.

He's speculating.

L’animateur de TVA Sports Jean-Charles Lajoie a l’impression que l’architecte du Tricolore travaille présentement sur un plus grand coup.
«À l’évidence, il prépare une autre transaction, a-t-il déclaré, lundi, lors de l’émission JiC. Probablement celle que l’on attend tous. Un "blockbuster trade", comme on dit dans le jargon.»

CH: un «blockbuster» à l'horizon? - TVA Sports

TVA Spanre host Jean-Charles Lajoie, has the impression that ...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
is Charlie Lajoie of TVA Sports credible? says there is a block buster trade in the works.

This kind of info keeps popping up. I wonder... Yesterday... A poster said a friend of a friend who works with the Habs said Danault+ for a "Big Winger". Yeah... I know how that sounds but I'm curious. What team needs a 200' center like Danault? Jets? Who else?

- Danault with extension * Deal on hold until a contract is negotiated
- Caufield
- Chiarot * Reason why we traded and signed Edmundson?
for
- Laine

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
This kind of info keeps popping up. I wonder... Yesterday... A poster said a friend of a friend who works with the Habs said Danault+ for a "Big Winger". Yeah... I know how that sounds but I'm curious. What team needs a 200' center like Danault? Jets? Who else?

- Caufield
for
- Laine

like 20 teams in the league would fall all over themselves to get Danault

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

- Caufield
for
- Laine
The Wild are desperate for centers now that trade Guerin did made no sense what so ever for them but I also don't see anything attractive to trade for on the Wild that is reasonable.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I think I'll take our poster, @A Loyal Hot Dog over Charlie. :D

Take this as you may... A close friend of mine who is well-acquainted with someone who has ties within the organization just confirmed to me that Bergevin is going all-in to acquire us a "big scoring winger" in the coming days. Danault+ is the likely sacrifice. Bergevin does not want to wait, as free agency nears.

While I hope it's for someone like Laine, something tells me we're going to be severely underwhelmed (I doubt Bergevin would give away all it takes to get a player of Laine's caliber - and I doubt Winnipeg lets him go without a Suzuki/Kotkaniemi+ in return).

That said, I just wish Bergevin would wait it out since teams are slowly coming out saying they want to lower their cap hit (TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CAP SITUATION, f***!) - that, or maybe swing for a solid UFA, which won't cost us a damn thing.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Wild are desperate for centers now that trade Guerin did made no sense what so ever for them but I also don't see anything attractive to trade for on the Wild that is reasonable.

What "big winger" do they have to offer though? Boldy? Or is there a 3 way deal at play?

Might be all fake news. Fun to speculate

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Byron should be dealt too. 3,5 M more $ available then.

Only move Byron if you need the space. Not before. I'd send Seattle a pick so they take Byron in the expansion draft.

A guy like Byron is useful with a young center like Evans on the 4th line

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
OK... Just hypothetical people... Lets say Danault, Caufield, Chiarot for Laine happens. What does our roster look like?

Think I like this! Free to speculate and dream.

CGl2Jnz.png

Last edited:

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
What "big winger" do they have to offer though? Boldy? Or is there a 3 way deal at play?

Might be all fake news. Fun to speculate

mathias Brunet did the exercise
Le Canadien | Et maintenant, un ailier !

Quelques candidats

Josh Anderson : gros ailier droit de 26 ans, 6 pi 3 po et 225 livres, a compté 27 buts il y a deux ans, mais blessé presque toute la saison cet hiver, seulement quatre points en 26 matchs. Devient joueur autonome avec compensation, comme Domi. Les Blue Jackets de Columbus chercheraient à s’en défaire.
Patrik Laine : les Jets de Winnipeg veulent-ils vraiment s’en défaire ? Laine a seulement 22 ans et il a compté en moyenne 35 buts par année à ses quatre premières saisons. Il coûtera au moins Nick Suzuki, Jesperi Kotkaniemi ou Alexander Romanov, de même que des choix ou d’autres joueurs.
James van Riemsdyk : son rôle a été plus limité à Philadelphie en séries éliminatoires et il coûtera 7 millions par année pour les trois prochaines saisons. Il a marqué seulement 19 buts cet hiver. Un pari risqué compte tenu de son salaire.
Brandon Saad : un gros ailier de 6 pi 1 po et 210 livres, capable de marquer une vingtaine de buts par année. Dernière saison d’un contrat de 6 millions avec les Blackhawks de Chicago. Intéressant puisque le Canadien a de l’espace l’an prochain justement, mais peut-être pas après.
Nikolaj Ehlers : pas le plus costaud, mais un attaquant de qualité capable de marquer entre 25 et 30 buts par saison. On se demande dans son cas aussi d’où émanent ces rumeurs en provenance de Winnipeg.
Sam Reinhart : ce centre converti en ailier droit revient souvent dans les rumeurs à Buffalo. Reinhart, deuxième choix au total en 2014, a 24 ans. C’est un attaquant de 25 buts et 60 points. Les Sabres se chercheraient un centre. Mais il coûtera plus cher que Domi.
Alex Killorn : le Lightning de Tampa Bay est coincé par le plafond salarial et doit offrir de nouveaux contrats à Anthony Cirelli et à Mikhail Sergachev. Killorn a 31 ans. Il vient de connaître sa meilleure saison en carrière avec 26 buts et 49 points.
Jesse Puljujärvi : ce quatrième choix au total en 2016 a quitté les Oilers d’Edmonton pour retourner en Finlande cet hiver en attendant un échange. Puljujärvi, 22 ans, mesure 6 pi 4 po et pèse 205 livres. Il a obtenu 53 points en 56 matchs à Karpat. Voilà un pari intéressant !
Taylor Hall : joueur autonome sans compensation. Coûtera trop cher.
Evgeny Dadonov : option intéressante. Joueur autonome sans compensation. Pas le plus costaud, mais 25 buts ou plus à ses trois premières années dans la LNH.
Mike Hoffman : joueur autonome. Redoutable marqueur, mais de gros défauts. N’a pas la meilleure réputation dans un vestiaire.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
mathias Brunet did the exercise
Le Canadien | Et maintenant, un ailier !

Quelques candidats

Josh Anderson : gros ailier droit de 26 ans, 6 pi 3 po et 225 livres, a compté 27 buts il y a deux ans, mais blessé presque toute la saison cet hiver, seulement quatre points en 26 matchs. Devient joueur autonome avec compensation, comme Domi. Les Blue Jackets de Columbus chercheraient à s’en défaire.
Patrik Laine : les Jets de Winnipeg veulent-ils vraiment s’en défaire ? Laine a seulement 22 ans et il a compté en moyenne 35 buts par année à ses quatre premières saisons. Il coûtera au moins Nick Suzuki, Jesperi Kotkaniemi ou Alexander Romanov, de même que des choix ou d’autres joueurs.
James van Riemsdyk : son rôle a été plus limité à Philadelphie en séries éliminatoires et il coûtera 7 millions par année pour les trois prochaines saisons. Il a marqué seulement 19 buts cet hiver. Un pari risqué compte tenu de son salaire.
Brandon Saad : un gros ailier de 6 pi 1 po et 210 livres, capable de marquer une vingtaine de buts par année. Dernière saison d’un contrat de 6 millions avec les Blackhawks de Chicago. Intéressant puisque le Canadien a de l’espace l’an prochain justement, mais peut-être pas après.
Nikolaj Ehlers : pas le plus costaud, mais un attaquant de qualité capable de marquer entre 25 et 30 buts par saison. On se demande dans son cas aussi d’où émanent ces rumeurs en provenance de Winnipeg.
Sam Reinhart : ce centre converti en ailier droit revient souvent dans les rumeurs à Buffalo. Reinhart, deuxième choix au total en 2014, a 24 ans. C’est un attaquant de 25 buts et 60 points. Les Sabres se chercheraient un centre. Mais il coûtera plus cher que Domi.
Alex Killorn : le Lightning de Tampa Bay est coincé par le plafond salarial et doit offrir de nouveaux contrats à Anthony Cirelli et à Mikhail Sergachev. Killorn a 31 ans. Il vient de connaître sa meilleure saison en carrière avec 26 buts et 49 points.
Jesse Puljujärvi : ce quatrième choix au total en 2016 a quitté les Oilers d’Edmonton pour retourner en Finlande cet hiver en attendant un échange. Puljujärvi, 22 ans, mesure 6 pi 4 po et pèse 205 livres. Il a obtenu 53 points en 56 matchs à Karpat. Voilà un pari intéressant !
Taylor Hall : joueur autonome sans compensation. Coûtera trop cher.
Evgeny Dadonov : option intéressante. Joueur autonome sans compensation. Pas le plus costaud, mais 25 buts ou plus à ses trois premières années dans la LNH.
Mike Hoffman : joueur autonome. Redoutable marqueur, mais de gros défauts. N’a pas la meilleure réputation dans un vestiaire.

Yes, but the rumor was Danault+ for a "big winger". So you got to find a team looking for a 200' center like Danault and has that big winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->