Proposal: Trade Thread Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
New thread is up...

You gave @Runner77 last post. Dam you! :laugh:. J/k.

My Mantha narrative is in line with my style of posting (Outside the box thinking). Your style of posting is not in line with taking a media report like that where you consider that almost factual. Just saying. I got a point don't I? :sarcasm:

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
You gave @Runner77 last post. Dam you! :laugh:. J/k.

My Mantha narrative is in line with my style of posting (Outside the box thinking). Your style of posting is not in line with taking a media report like that where you consider that almost factual. Just saying. I got a point don't I? :sarcasm:
First of all it is not about Bergevin hate...it is about Bergevin ...FACTS...if Bergevin had kept Pacioretty and Radulov and got ROR....Montreal might have won the cup,but he never picked a direction....he could have chosen to go for it or build around youth and he would have a lot more than just Suzuki,Norlinder of KK.

Reactions: Miller Time

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
To new beginnings. :laugh:

This was me whenever I opened the last thread and tried reading the last few pages today.

tumblr_lkqm0enAZt1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Nope I'm outta here. I ain't getting involved in this huge pile of mess. :)

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Every fan and blogger does this: try and pair up two players who either played together in their younger days or who had success together in juniors. In Domi's and Horvat's case, it's both -- they played together in Peewee and spent three years together with the London Knights.

Here's one of those fantasy pair-up wishes:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Every fan and blogger does this: try and pair up two players who either played together in their younger days or who had success together in juniors.

Here's one of these fantasies:

Ya, they don't need a 2C so doesn't make the most sense.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe this guy won't be available after all so we can move on from fake trading him:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Author literally says "Affordable is being stretched here" in the Reasons to stay away section.

I'm not a subscriber and it's behind a paywall for me. I just lifted the word "affordable" from the headline text.

Reactions: Gravity

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm not a subscriber and it's behind a paywall for me. I just lifted the word "affordable" from the headline text.

That's fair, just pointing out what the article said.

The bigger "affordable" miscues from the article are probably Anderson and especially Dunn, who are probably worth more than the author thinks.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Every fan and blogger does this: try and pair up two players who either played together in their younger days or who had success together in juniors. In Domi's and Horvat's case, it's both -- they played together in Peewee and spent three years together with the London Knights.

Here's one of those fantasy pair-up wishes:

there was a horrendous, embarrassing version of this from an oiler writer. ... it was benning and athanasiou for domi :help:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
some post above says if PD is gone we keep Domi. Sorry but even if PD is gone , Domi is a goner. Domi is not a 3rd line player and unless he wants to play wings under Julien , he is probably most likely the player with more % to be traded around the league rn

However, if both PD and Domi are gone at the same time, we're really sapping into our C depth. We can afford to trade one. Domi as a RFA has no say, so he's easier to hold on to. He has experience at the position even if there are holes in his game -- beats putting a rookie there unless they land some veteran on the cheap.

Reactions: bsl

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
However, if both PD and Domi are gone at the same time, we're really sapping into our C depth. We can afford to trade one. Domi as a RFA has no say, so he's easier to hold on to. He has experience at the position even if there are holes in his game -- beats putting a rookie there unless they land someone on the cheap.
Do we really lose depth at C? , We have Suzuki Evans and Kotkaniemi. Danault is the big hole , but you patch somewhere else. Domi is already pretty much setted up on wings.

We could sign a guy like Erik Haula for 2-3 years at at around 2.75m~ and have still a decent center . Don't forget if we lose Danault and Domi we are suposed to get better in other positions.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do we really lose depth at C? , We have Suzuki Evans and Kotkaniemi. Danault is the big hole , but you patch somewhere else. Domi is already pretty much setted up on wings.

We could sign a guy like Erik Haula for 2-3 years at at around 2.75m~ and have still a decent center . Don't forget if we lose Danault and Domi we are suposed to get better in other positions.

I don't know about Evans, even if he showed something in the playoffs. We'll have to see what they do but they definitely have to do something on RW.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad