Byron - Evans - Lehkonen

Chariot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Mete
Kulak

Price
Allen

We should make the playoffs with this roster

Montreal no longer has the cap space after Edmundson to go big game UFA shopping without dumping contract(s).

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
After the Edmundson contract, Montreal has to consider more carefully about making a move like that. They may need Caufield's ELC contract going forward.

Lol... Yup, load up with expensive depth to tie your hands when it comes to going after elite talent...

It's the MB way :facepalm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just thinking out loud and looking for additional input...

Is there any chance of a 3 way deal that includes us, Minny and another team

Minny gets Domi

Canadiens get a scoring winger (Boeser?)

3rd team (Van?) gets Dumba

All contingent on extensions and whatnot

Why is Minny needed? Van. would probably like the idea of adding Domi to Horvat.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Just thinking out loud and looking for additional input...

Is there any chance of a 3 way deal that includes us, Minny and another team

Minny gets Domi

Canadiens get a scoring winger (Boeser?)

3rd team (Van?) gets Dumba

All contingent on extensions and whatnot

Yes I taught the same trade but I think Minny will want to keep Boeser he is from there

Reactions: Deebs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From a comment Bergevin made at the tail end of his TVA Spanre interview yesterday, he expects not to have enough cap room to shop for UFAs.

He’s going the trade route all the way.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
From a comment Bergevin made at the tail end of his TVA Spanre interview, Bergevin expects not to have enough cap room to shop for UFAs.

He’s going the trade route all the way.

He already doesn't have enough cap room to shop for UFAs if he want to retain all his RFAs and ice a full roster.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
I use excel too but I have gotten good at using Cap Friendly. It does all the math for you and follows CBA rules. Guys like Mete, Evans, Juulsen are getting their 1st one way contract and they don't have leverage. Mete might get $1M or something close to that but Evans and Juulsen probably $800k. Transition from two way ELC to one way NHL contract is a big deal for guys who don't have full time spots. They go from $1,000 a game in the AHL to $10,000 a game on a 1 way contract (AHL or NHL).

Without Domi or Edmundson signed... I have us around $11M in cap space (21 man roster).

I put a prime on RFA in order to have worst case or almost worst case scenario. Obviously it’s possible to shed 500K to 750K with some negotiation.

See below my 23 man roster using Cap friendly. 1.77 million in cap space after using Edmundson’s contract, Estimation for Domi’s contract and last 2 roster spots.

I have put 7.3 for Domi (5.5) and 1.8 for last 2 spots (900K each)

I think we are in same ballpark but mine

Attachments

• 680B60D2-AE49-4623-8A20-B9A77A1B66CB.png
    680B60D2-AE49-4623-8A20-B9A77A1B66CB.png
    566.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Sign Hoffman

Hoffman - Suzuki - Drouin
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Tatar - Danault - Armia
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen

Chariot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Mete
Kulak

Price
Allen

We should make the playoffs with this roster
Cap space
Can’t afford him

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
We still have 11M and people saying we don't have cap space anymore? What did I miss?
Domi, Mete aren't sign and will take roughly, between 6 to 8 millions together. This leaves us with around 3 millions in cap space, since every team like to have a little cap space for the trade deadline.
What kind of player are we getting with our 3 mil in cap space, if Edmundson gets 3.5 mil?

Reactions: Surfer72

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Laine is pretty much the only player that fits that bill (removing Hall as a UFA, unless we're trading for rights)...

after that, you get into the likes of Killorn or Reilly Smith... both decent/solid players, but both the type of player whose production is heavily dependent on elite linemates, rather than being the catalysts for creating consistent high-level scoring on their own.

A deal for Laine, with Danault as one of the main pieces, works fine from my perspective, provided Suzuki/JKO aren't the additional pieces. Caufield, Poehling, even Romanov (begrudgingly) would all be on the table as far as i'm concerned.
I think for our timeline, cap structure etc as much as i like Laine and his ability to score goals, I think I’d rather bet on Caufield and benefit from them low cost entry level years than go after Laine with him. I know it sounds silly to reject the notion of trading a prospect for a proven scorer like Laine, but I don’t think I do it. I think Caufield although smaller and a year or two away is going to be an elite scorer and I think it’s a mistake not to cash in on these prime entry level years.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Domi, Mete aren't sign and will take roughly, between 6 to 8 millions together. This leaves us with around 3 millions in cap space, since every team like to have a little cap space for the trade deadline.
What kind of player are we getting with our 3 mil in cap space, if Edmundson gets 3.5 mil?

Imma put 20$ that 2 of these 3 arent here when the season starts : Domi - Danault - Mete

thats leaves us with roughly 11M for trades / ufa

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Domi or Danault are 100% gone and same with Mete imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad