Proposal: Trade Thread #65

If you could get Hall with an extension, what's the maximum number of years you would extend him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
...heads too!

I am not saying that we go all in, but if a deal can be made and the price is right ( not carey) then montreal should at least give the ghost the once over.

our young D of a combo of mete, kulak and ouellet does not instill confidence even when chiarot returns.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
That's weber.

...but he has the Secret Weapon:

TheStare.gif

Forwards throughout the League fear...THE STARE!!

:biglaugh:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
On the main board I posted that I’d offer up Armia and a 2nd for Bennett with a bit of retention and Flames fans were receptive.

Helps clear up some of the glut at right wing and gives us a big guy who can play hard for the playoffs and clear some space for a defenseman.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
On the main board I posted that I’d offer up Armia and a 2nd for Bennett with a bit of retention and Flames fans were receptive.

Helps clear up some of the glut at right wing and gives us a big guy who can play hard for the playoffs and clear some space for a defenseman.

If Calgary does decide to sell, going after Hanifin should be a priority...Bennett would also be nice, but I sense that he's not as much in the doghouse anymore with Sutter there, as Bennett plays a Sutter-style game...if we could get both, even better...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I'm not doing it with a 2nd pick but a base Armia vs Bennett always interested me

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Who doesn't miss Lars??...wish we still had him...:(
We do, Armia does an impeccable impression of Eller (as a Hab) most nights. Lars never started using his linemates and moving the puck quicker til he got to the Caps.

I can see a sign and trade with the middle team retaining cap to increase Ghosts value but we will need to attach a pick/prospect to someone like Byron to dump that awful contract

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
We could use the D depth and he can move the puck. AV has them playing a disastrous system. Think he'd be better in ours

Byron would have to go out.

Byron for Ghost and split the $1,1m difference at 25%/75%, so Philadelphia would retain $825k.

Habs would have a cap hit of $3.675m for 2 years.

So we're choosing ghost over Caufield yet in the same breath we bitched about Claude always choosing veterans over the kids.

Trade Byron and call up Caufield, then figure out what to do with the remaining cap space.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
So we're choosing ghost over Caufield yet in the same breath we bitched about Claude always choosing veterans over the kids.

Trade Byron and call up Caufield, then figure out what to do with the remaining cap space.

Trading Byron is the hard part, no one wants $3.4 mill in dead weight for the next 2+ years...hence why no one is lining up for Ghost on waivers, imo...

Reactions: Habs Halifax

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
First came Hall & Oates.

Then Hull & Oates.

It's time for Hall & Cole!

Make it happen Berggy.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Something around Lehkonen for Dunn? Could be the cash in cash out move Bergevin keeps talking about. Toffoli, Armia, Staal and Caufield coming in the lineup will push one of Lehkonen/Evans out. Our forward depth is a lot better than our defense depth.

Reactions: Vachon23

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Something around Lehkonen for Dunn? Could be the cash in cash out move Bergevin keeps talking about. Toffoli, Armia, Staal and Caufield coming in the lineup will push one of Lehkonen/Evans out. Our forward depth is a lot better than our defense depth.
Lots of RW depth not much LW...I think Habs will achieve more success getting cap space by dealing Armia simply because he's UFA

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Lots of RW depth not much LW...I think Habs will achieve more success getting cap space by dealing Armia simply because he's UFA
This is my take as well. Lehkonen is pretty much the "ideal" bottom 6 player. The only issue is his QO, but if he can be talked into taking less for a little term, kind of like Jarnkrok before, it would be great.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I’m really sold on getting Dunn or Ghost off of Philly.

Lehks + pick for Dunn
OR
Byron + pick for Ghost (retained %)

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
For me, the two guys I like and think that will be possibly picked up are Vaatanen from New Jersey and Bennett from Calgary.

To Calgary: Joel Armia and 2021 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Sam Bennett at 50% retained

To New Jersey: Paul Byron, 2021 3rd round pick

To Montreal: Sami Vaatanen

Habs playoff lineup:

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Bennett - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Caufield - Staal - Perry

Romanov - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Vaatanen

Price
Allen

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
For me, the two guys I like and think that will be possibly picked up are Vaatanen from New Jersey and Bennett from Calgary.

To Calgary: Joel Armia and 2021 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Sam Bennett at 50% retained

To New Jersey: Paul Byron, 2021 3rd round pick

To Montreal: Sami Vaatanen

Habs playoff lineup:

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Bennett - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Caufield - Staal - Perry

Romanov - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Vaatanen

Price
Allen
Worst thing you can do for Romanov now is put all that pressure to play all those minutes with Weber. He's doing great, let him stay on the 3rd and develop properly. If you gonna trade for a defenseman you trade for one that's ready to play with Weber for a playoff push and not burn anither rookie by putting in a position to fail.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If Calgary does decide to sell, going after Hanifin should be a priority...Bennett would also be nice, but I sense that he's not as much in the doghouse anymore with Sutter there, as Bennett plays a Sutter-style game...if we could get both, even better...
Hanifin would be plenty expensive though. He's 24. You aren't going to get him for cheap.

Locks

May 28, 2005

I agree and also to keep in mind that Armia was brought in when Habs were a very small team. This is not the case anymore with the addition of Anderson, Perry and now Staal upfront as well as the big Ds. And that info from Gagnon is consistent with what Lebrun said during the intermission: the Habs are not shopping Lehkonen and they rather take another rout to clear cap space, if possible. Add to this that the insiders, I think Dreger and/or Friedman, said that there was a deal in place to clear cap space hints at the possibility that covid put a hold on the deal and they are waiting for Armia to become available.

Reactions: salbutera
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad