Proposal: Trade Thread #65

If you could get Hall with an extension, what's the maximum number of years you would extend him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I honestly do not see Bergevin even entertaining getting Ghostbear. Think about it... His good friends AV and Therrien don’t value Ghostbear at all. They’ll tell Bergy to avoid claiming him.

That, and we got no money.

Reactions: sandviper

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ghost has a $2.25M signing bonus in each of the next offseason. I think there is a low chance someone takes him but it's possible. Not sure what salary we would send back (and we could ask for retention as well) but I would like to see Ghost with Weber. Probably don't happen due to cap issue but I admit, I would like to see how he would do with Weber

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That would be sick.....with Tuna-PD-Gally as your 3rd, potentially, this could be quite amazing.

Just need an upgrade at D and we are set for the playoffs

Knock on the Ducks door about Lindholm. Hurt right now and having a meh season. One more year to go after this year ($5.2M AAV). Offer them Chiarot (or Byron), 1st, and a prospect and ask them to retain. They might bite

If that don't work, I would see if the Flyers would swap Byron for Ghost but retain on Ghost so we get him with Byron's same cap hit. We have lots of forwards and I can see Ghost with Weber. Worth a try. I'd even dangle a 4th round pick to see if they bite. Key would be to swap but we get Ghost at a $3.4M cap hit... or even better. At $3M. Flyers would have to retain for the rest of this season and two more season. Both Byron and Ghost have 2 more years left after this year.

Reactions: jaffy27

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
we should keep Lehkonen, he's a good bottom 6 forward

If we need cap space, then trade Armia who will be ufa
Completely agree. Armia is UFA, inconsistent and we're also flush with RWer's. Moving him can open some cap and net a decent pick without eating up any depth and opening a spot for Caufield. No brainer to move him at deadline which I'm sure Bergevin is looking at. Just don't know what appetite would be.

I mean Byron would be ideal, but Armia is 2nd behind him.

Last edited:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Im all in to pick a waiver guy at one year deal on a low aa. But never i would touch a guy on a multi year deal at a high salary. If this guy isnt not enough good to play on current flyers roster. He wont here too. This is like paul byron. No one will touch it

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Ghost has a $2.25M signing bonus in each of the next offseason. I think there is a low chance someone takes him but it's possible. Not sure what salary we would send back (and we could ask for retention as well) but I would like to see Ghost with Weber. Probably don't happen due to cap issue but I admit, I would like to see how he would do with Weber
If ouellet is bad in his own end. Watch out the Ghost lol. His production isnt high enough to forgive his big lackness in d zone

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If ouellet is bad in his own end. Watch out the Ghost lol. His production isnt high enough to forgive his big lackness in d zone

Like I said, I'd swap Byron for Ghost if the Flyers were willing to retain Ghost down to Byron's cap hit. And Ghost would be on a short leash with Weber to start. What are the risks when we get Ghost at Byron's same AAV and term left?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I'd certainly love to grab him as I think we are a much better fit for him as we can insulate him, and I think our system would also mesh better with his style. But obviously the cap is a problem, and I can't see Philly trading him and not saving cap space.

But ignoring the cap for a minute, Mete/Kulak for Ghost makes a lot of sense. Philly gets an NHL defenceman who is a decent puck mover so can probably fit into the same role but be less of a defensive liability at a much cheaper salary and the contract expires sooner. We get a much needed offensive boost on the backend.

The problem is on our side we would have to shed salary before such a trade. So ideally we send Byron somewhere for something we can bury, or deal Danault for picks/prospects then do a Mete/Kulak trade for Gostisbehere. But I don't see MB as a guy who could handle this sort of thing.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Knock on the Ducks door about Lindholm. Hurt right now and having a meh season. One more year to go after this year ($5.2M AAV). Offer them Chiarot (or Byron), 1st, and a prospect and ask them to retain. They might bite

If that don't work, I would see if the Flyers would swap Byron for Ghost but retain on Ghost so we get him with Byron's same cap hit. We have lots of forwards and I can see Ghost with Weber. Worth a try. I'd even dangle a 4th round pick to see if they bite. Key would be to swap but we get Ghost at a $3.4M cap hit... or even better. At $3M. Flyers would have to retain for the rest of this season and two more season. Both Byron and Ghost have 2 more years left after this year.
It will be really expensive. Just looking by experience. Old wolfe like Bob murray GM from anaheim never gave a gift about transactions.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Like I said, I'd swap Byron for Ghost if the Flyers were willing to retain Ghost down to Byron's cap hit. And Ghost would be on a short leash with Weber to start. What are the risks when we get Ghost at Byron's same AAV and term left?
Thats could interessting. Now. Im wondering if flyers want to retain salary. We will probably have to add something else

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It will be really expensive. Just looking by experience. Old wolfe like Bob murray GM from anaheim never gave a gift about transactions.

I'd inquire. His term left fits the Weber window and when the other young LD's would be ready for the NHL. I'd be ok with the 1st and prospect as a starting point. I think this core deserves a dig into the futures to try to good on a deep run now. Lindholm would fit well with Weber IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hins77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thats could interessting. Now. Im wondering if flyers want to retain salary. We will probably have to add something else

I think the $2.25M signing bonus this summer and next is a major factor on Ghost's trade value. Habs can use our financial leverage that most other owners would avoid. Worth a shot IMO if we can swap Byron to Ghost with the same cap hit. Ghost could be great with Weber or we use him in a depth role like we are with Byron anyways.

Ghost would replace Mete and I would unload Mete for a future.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
A couple of years ago everybody on here wanted to trade a first pick for him?
He had a great rookie year and it’s been downhill for him ever since -
combo of league adjusting to him & realizing he’s an expert turnover machine and injuries slowing down his skating

The Anthony Duclair of D - similarly doesn’t understand hockey...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd certainly love to grab him as I think we are a much better fit for him as we can insulate him, and I think our system would also mesh better with his style. But obviously the cap is a problem, and I can't see Philly trading him and not saving cap space.

But ignoring the cap for a minute, Mete/Kulak for Ghost makes a lot of sense. Philly gets an NHL defenceman who is a decent puck mover so can probably fit into the same role but be less of a defensive liability at a much cheaper salary and the contract expires sooner. We get a much needed offensive boost on the backend.

The problem is on our side we would have to shed salary before such a trade. So ideally we send Byron somewhere for something we can bury, or deal Danault for picks/prospects then do a Mete/Kulak trade for Gostisbehere. But I don't see MB as a guy who could handle this sort of thing.

I'd be open to trading Mete but not Kulak. Kulak's big body and skating ability is a good asset for us on the bottom pairing. Ghost to me would replace Mete and we would have to send Byron for cap reasons. I'd consider that move if the Flyers were willing to retain on Ghost. Ghost either plays with Weber or he takes Mete's role and Byron's cap hit.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
So we're choosing ghost over Caufield yet in the same breath we bitched about Claude always choosing veterans over the kids.

Trade Byron and call up Caufield, then figure out what to do with the remaining cap space.
Caufield is a puck moving LD? Interesting.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
unknown.png

unknown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad