Proposal: Trade Thread #65

If you could get Hall with an extension, what's the maximum number of years you would extend him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I'd be open to trading Mete but not Kulak. Kulak's big body and skating ability is a good asset for us on the bottom pairing. Ghost to me would replace Mete and we would have to send Byron for cap reasons. I'd consider that move if the Flyers were willing to retain on Ghost. Ghost either plays with Weber or he takes Mete's role and Byron's cap hit.

I have my preference between Mete/Kulak but it's not a deal breaker either way. But there's no point to the trade if you think Ghost will end up taking Mete's role of #7 D. The only reason to make the trade is if you believe Ghost can be a top-4 guy alongside either Weber or Petry. And if you believe that then it makes no sense to nix the trade for a top-4 D because you want to keep your bottom pairing D. If you don't believe in Ghost as a top-4 guy then the trade makes no sense regardless of who is sent back.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have my preference between Mete/Kulak but it's not a deal breaker either way. But there's no point to the trade if you think Ghost will end up taking Mete's role of #7 D. The only reason to make the trade is if you believe Ghost can be a top-4 guy alongside either Weber or Petry. And if you believe that then it makes no sense to nix the trade for a top-4 D because you want to keep your bottom pairing D. If you don't believe in Ghost as a top-4 guy then the trade makes no sense regardless of who is sent back.

You swap Byron for Ghost but Flyers retain so we get Ghost on the same AAV and term as we would have with Byron. Then you thinker to see if Ghost fits well with Weber. If not, he takes Mete roles and you flip Mete for a future. Other young LD's coming after Ghost's deal expires and Edmundson's term ends.

We have enough forwards and I would consider Ghost as an option. Great skater and puck mover but needs to be sheltered in his own end. Weber can do that IMO. Worth the try and the risks are low cause if we don't make the move, we are still stuck with Byron who is also hard to unload.

Could be another great trade or a lateral move. Minimal risks IMO.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You swap Byron for Ghost but Flyers retain so we get Ghost on the same AAV and term as we would have with Byron. Then you thinker to see if Ghost fits well with Weber. If not, he takes Mete roles and you flip Mete for a future. Other young LD's coming after Ghost's deal expires and Edmundson's term ends.

We have enough forwards and I would consider Ghost as an option. Great skater and puck mover but needs to be sheltered in his own end. Weber can do that IMO. Worth the try and the risks are low cause if we don't make the move, we are still stuck with Byron who is also hard to unload.

So the Flyers take on the older and worst player and they have to retain too? Come on.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Imagine thinking that the 2021 version of Weber can shelter anyone. The guy is relying on Edmundson to carry him.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Why would the Flyers trade Ghost if they aren't getting any relief on the cap?

Reactions: salbutera

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Hanifin would be plenty expensive though. He's 24. You aren't going to get him for cheap.

Habs have assets that would entice Calgary, especially if Sutter was calling the shots...Lehkonen, Armia, Chairot, lots of picks, good D prospects; Bargain Bin could come up with a package that would make Sutter happy and he's the one to please right now, Treliving is on borrowed time, imo...Hell, Sutter would luv him some Danault as well...target Hanifin and see if a Bennett or even a Johnny Hockey is available and come up with a package to get it done...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Habs have assets that would entice Calgary, especially if Sutter was calling the shots...Lehkonen, Armia, Chairot, lots of picks, good D prospects; Bargain Bin could come up with a package that would make Sutter happy and he's the one to please; right now, Treliving is on borrowed time, imo...Hell, Sutter would luv him some Danault as well...target Hanifin and see if a Bennett or even a Johnny Hockey is available and come up with a package to get it done...
Id love to swap Bennett and Danault while adding Hanifin.

The problem with Hanifin is that he doesn't fit with Petry, as he's similar to him in playstyle and Im also not sure I want him with Weber because he somewhat has trouble with pressure.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs have assets that would entice Calgary, especially if Sutter was calling the shots...Lehkonen, Armia, Chairot, lots of picks, good D prospects; Bargain Bin could come up with a package that would make Sutter happy and he's the one to please right now, Treliving is on borrowed time, imo...Hell, Sutter would luv him some Danault as well...target Hanifin and see if a Bennett or even a Johnny Hockey is available and come up with a package to get it done...

Flames fans are unhappy with Hanifin and want him gone. But in their minds they're looking to get another young player in exchange with potential high upside, though realistically one who hasn't yet achieved it. They're not looking for 3rd liners and bottom pair D.

I would suspect what they want out of a Banagin deal is more in line with what their management wants than what Hab fans are telling themselves maybe Flames management will want.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Flames fans are unhappy with Hanifin and want him gone. But in their minds they're looking to get another young player in exchange with potential high upside, though realistically one who hasn't yet achieved it. They're not looking for 3rd liners and bottom pair D.

I would suspect what they want out of a Banagin deal is more in line with what their management wants than what Hab fans are telling themselves maybe Flames management will want.

...and Darryl Sutter wants Darryl Sutter players who play Darryl Sutter hockey, like Danault, Lehky, and Chairot do, so you come up with a package that has those type players to make Sutter happy plus dive into the prospect pool and offer a Harris/Struble type to make them happy there plus add a pick or two from our vast array of picks in this year's draft; Hell, even the 1st is on the table for the right package...Bargain Bin just has to attempt to get creative here and see what happens...worst thing that can happen is they say NO, so why not at least attempt to do something??...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
...and Darryl Sutter wants Darryl Sutter players who play Darryl Sutter hockey, like Danault, Lehky, and Chairot do, so you come up with a package that has those type players to make Sutter happy plus dive into the prospect pool and offer a Harris/Struble type to make them happy there plus add a pick or two from our vast array of picks in this year's draft; Hell, even the 1st is on the table for the right package...Bargain Bin just has to attempt to get creative here and see what happens...worst thing that can happen is they say NO, so why not at least attempt to do something??...

I think it would take that 1st and a prospect...

Have you watched Hanifin this year and last in Calgary? Flames fans are not impressed and want him gone. I haven't seen him much myself.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

That’s not what I read in the Hanifin topic on the mainboard. A lot are saying that he’s there best player this year

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Can MB trade Alzner's cap hit buyout contract? To gain cap space?

Sadly no, you cannot trade a buyout. The team no longer owns the Alzner contract/rights so technically there is nothing to trade. The cap hit is permanent (until it runs out).

On the plus side, we gain $2m for next season as his buyout reduces from $3.96m to $1.96m.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I think it would take that 1st and a prospect...

Have you watched Hanifin this year and last in Calgary? Flames fans are not impressed and want him gone. I haven't seen him much myself.

I've always liked Hanifin's game, even when he was a rook in Carolina, and I think he would grow into a good partner for Weber; he's not flashy or an offensive juggernaut, but he's calm and plays a good 200 ft game, plus he's still young and getting better...and he can actually move the damn puck, something we're sorrily lacking when Petry/Romanov aren't on the ice...Flames fans expecting him to be a Makar/Hughes clone or a younger Giordano aren't being realistic for this kid; he's not a Star #1 D, but he's a solid Top 4 and still getting better...worth a look to see what Calgary wants, anyways...Bargain Bin just has to stop with the Double Talk and start with the Deal Talk...

Reactions: 26Mats

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Knock on the Ducks door about Lindholm. Hurt right now and having a meh season. One more year to go after this year ($5.2M AAV). Offer them Chiarot (or Byron), 1st, and a prospect and ask them to retain. They might bite

If that don't work, I would see if the Flyers would swap Byron for Ghost but retain on Ghost so we get him with Byron's same cap hit. We have lots of forwards and I can see Ghost with Weber. Worth a try. I'd even dangle a 4th round pick to see if they bite. Key would be to swap but we get Ghost at a $3.4M cap hit... or even better. At $3M. Flyers would have to retain for the rest of this season and two more season. Both Byron and Ghost have 2 more years left after this year.
Lindholm would be a dream

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I've always liked Hanifin's game, even when he was a rook in Carolina, and I think he would grow into a good partner for Weber; he's not flashy or an offensive juggernaut, but he's calm and plays a good 200 ft game, plus he's still young and getting better...and he can actually move the damn puck, something we're sorrily lacking when Petry/Romanov aren't on the ice...Flames fans expecting him to be a Makar/Hughes clone or a younger Giordano aren't being realistic for this kid; he's not a Star #1 D, but he's a solid Top 4 and still getting better...worth a look to see what Calgary wants, anyways...Bargain Bin just has to stop with the Double Talk and start with the Deal Talk...

And I think that for all those reason, they are no chance CGY trade him

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If Lindholm wasn’t injured and he was available, that would have been a game changer. That’s the type of player that I would pay the price, whatever it is even if I overpay.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
That's their problem, not ours. If they don't like it, OK. We are not desperate for Ghost. And I suspect other teams will offer something similar. Cap in and cap out to match

You do you but it just seems pointless to talk about a potential move if you don't factor in what the other team wants.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
And I think that for all those reason, they are no chance CGY trade him

If they're smart, no, but he also doesn't play Sutter Hockey and that's why I think he'd be available for the right price...Sutter luvs his heavy teams and, imo, is going to want to recreate LA's Cup Winners...he luvs guys like Chairot on D and Danault at C, luvs tenacious forecheckers like Lehkonen and big bodies like Armia on wing...not to mention the Habs have a deep prospect pool and plenty of picks this year...Bargain Bin just has to put his Big Boy pants on (not the purple ones) and test the waters...GMs all across the League are watching Calgary with interest and Bargain Bin needs to make sure he's at the front of that line, cuz I think that it's gonna grow very fast very soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->