Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If there was ever a year to trade a 1st I can't think of a better one than this year. Shallow draft class, mid to late 1st, little scouting possible for prospects and we have a ton of picks anyways!
Add to it, all one needs to do is look at the Habs track record of non top-10 1st round picks over last 50-years.....it ain’t pretty

Reactions: Sterling Archer

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Ducks have scored the 2nd fewest goals since 2018-2019. Lindholm's stats aren't a good representative of what he can do. That being said, he won't be an offensive dynamo that can QB a PP. He will also be very expensive. I think Ekholm makes a lot more sense.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
If there was ever a year to trade a 1st I can't think of a better one than this year. Shallow draft class, mid to late 1st, little scouting possible for prospects and we have a ton of picks anyways!
You absolutly correct, the fact that most teams would have little scouting done, its a draft where having many bullets is better then having a top shot

Reactions: Sterling Archer

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Problem is that the 1st' value will be considerably down if the situation is that obvious. Still a nice add-on to a trade but I wonder if they won't be valued closer to what 2nd rounders are usually valued?

I am excited for all our picks though. Always fun to have a ton of darts to throw

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Problem is that the 1st' value will be considerably down if the situation is that obvious. Still a nice add-on to a trade but I wonder if they won't be valued closer to what 2nd rounders are usually valued?

I am excited for all our picks though. Always fun to have a ton of darts to throw
Very true but we'd likely have one of the higher value 1st compared to other teams in the bidding with better records. Plus our deep prospect pool and picks, I believe give us the best chance without hurting the team much.

Reactions: abo9

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018
We need a LD asap.
Ducharme seems to understand the way the game is going better than Julien did. He's said he wants puck movers on each pairing. Weber-Chairot obviously does not have one. Yes they are trying Kulak and Romanov there but neither is suited (Romy may be in a year or two). So, does DD ask MB to look for a PMD? Or do we limp along & then once Chairot is back play that super slow pairing again.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
This team isn't going anywhere until the left side of the defense is shored up. I'd personally prefer Lindholm

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The key with acquiring a LD , it not only improve the top pairing, but it makes chariot much more valuable, as if he playing on the 3rd pairing with romanov, he becomes a very good player for that role.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This team isn't going anywhere until the left side of the defense is shored up. I'd personally prefer Lindholm
Yup, Lindholm is a long term fix to the teams biggest problem. He's 27, give him a 6x6 deal like Petry got and call it a day.

I believe Lindholm (Elkholm too, to a lesser extent, because yes, Lindholm is a better player than Ekholm, lmao.) gives the Habs the best defense in the Canadian division by a faire margin.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think Poile will want to hold onto Ekholm as long as possible to see what the best offer is before trading him. Dont think he'll get traded soon.

Reactions: ArtPeur

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Yup, Lindholm is a long term fix to the teams biggest problem. He's 27, give him a 6x6 deal like Petry got and call it a day.

I believe Lindholm (Elkholm too, to a lesser extent, because yes, Lindholm is a better player than Ekholm, lmao.) gives the Habs the best defense in the Canadian division by a faire margin.
Plus if he's out injured, make the damn deal so he can quarantine while on IR. I like your proposal; we'd be nuts not to switch Edmundson for Lindholm.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Plus if he's out injured, make the damn deal so he can quarantine while on IR. I like your proposal; we'd be nuts not to switch Edmundson for Lindholm.

Be it Chiarot or Edmundson IDAGF, I just have a certain preference for Chiarot because, for all the bad plays he makes, he's a tough man and actually hits people vs Edmundson and his soft ass playstyle.

Honestly Lindholm is so good that Id be willing to add even more, as long as they don't touch Caufield, Romanov and the centers, everything is up for grabs for them.

Reactions: NeptunesTrident

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think Poile will want to hold onto Ekholm as long as possible to see what the best offer is before trading him. Dont think he'll get traded soon.
For sure, which is why it will take an overpay from the Habs. People who think that the Habs can get Ekholm for 1st+Mete are stupid as f***.

Its going to take one of the D prospects and a first at the very least.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
MB is always down for a big splash but has surprisingly never moved a first round pick. Might as well make it happen now

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
For sure, which is why it will take an overpay from the Habs. People who think that the Habs can get Ekholm for 1st+Mete are stupid as f***.

Its going to take one of the D prospects and a first at the very least.

Guhle would be in, 100% imo. I doubt the other teams would be interested in any of our other D prospects unless we give more than a 1st (+ Ylonen, Mysak, Tuch, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad