Edmundson Petry
Butcher Romanov
Mete

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
What!? Evans is very good at what he does. He’s deadly on the PK by his tenacious forecheck and same goes at 5V5. He also creates a lot of chances for a 4th line, gives many good hits + pacing for 20 points with 10-12 min/game.

What more do you expect? I wouldn’t trade for a 5% upgrade in the dot over everything stated above. Give me the young hungry guy that wants to prove himself rather than trading a 3rd round pick for a 35yo guy ‘good on faceoffs’.

just my .02 cents

I don't agree with your assessment of his play at all.

Not that he's been bad or anything, but I would prefer a bigger vet with some experience going into the playoffs at that position.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Hampus Lindholm and Derek Grant in Anaheim might be the actual perfect fit for the Habs.

Guhle is probably enticing to them since they have his brother there.

The only problem with Grant is that he’s under contract for this year and the next 2 seasons

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Maybe but Lindholm is freaking stud so I’m all in on him. I just doubt he’s really available and if he is, he will cost an arm and a leg
He's good but definitely not a stud imo. He's a solid 2nd pairing guy when not injured

Reactions: 1000eeer

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He's good but definitely not a stud imo. He's a solid 2nd pairing guy when not injured
If you’re honest, how many time did you see him play ? Because he’s clearly a 1st pair guy and he would be our best D. He’s one of the best in the league defensively, a real minutes eater, really good in transition and can put numbers. The only reason where not talking about him kore is because he’s playing in Anaheim.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If you’re honest, how many time did you see him play ? Because he’s clearly a 1st pair guy and he would be our best D. He’s one of the best in the league defensively, a real minutes eater, really good in transition and can put numbers. The only reason where not talking about him kore is because he’s playing in Anaheim.
A dozen full games at best.

He plays 22 minutes a night when healthy and he absolutely would not be our best defensemen, that's absurd. He's solid, not a gamer changer by any means and never has been.

Yesterday a guy said he'd give up a 1st, Guhle, Edmundson and Mete. That's absolutely ridiculous and borderline grounds for calling his family to check on him.

If he signed an extension because he only has 1 year left, I'd do a deal if the price was right but not absurd. He could play with Weber on that pairing and be fine.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs need to move on Ekholm....asap
Chairot will miss some time....and even before that injury we needed to add a Dman...
Playoff teams will all be making moves...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Hampus Lindholm is awesome. Not sure why someone would say differently. Only issue is you can count on him missing around 15 games a season.

I’d rather go for Cam Fowler who would likely be cheaper because he doesn’t really fit with the Ducks rebuild plans and he provides more offence.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Hampus Lindholm is awesome. Not sure why someone would say differently. Only issue is you can count on him missing around 15 games a season.

I’d rather go for Cam Fowler who would likely be cheaper because he doesn’t really fit with the Ducks rebuild plans and he provides more offence.
He's never been awesome

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
A dozen full games at best.

He plays 22 minutes a night when healthy and he absolutely would not be our best defensemen, that's absurd. He's solid, not a gamer changer by any means and never has been.

Yesterday a guy said he'd give up a 1st, Guhle, Edmundson and Mete. That's absolutely ridiculous and borderline grounds for calling his family to check on him.

If he signed an extension because he only has 1 year left, I'd do a deal if the price was right but not absurd. He could play with Weber on that pairing and be fine.
Yes he would be our best D, Weber is not at Lindholm level anymore even if I think a presence like Hampus would help a lot Weber.

Reactions: The Nightman

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

The thing with Fowler it’s his enormous contact and the fact that he has a 4 teams NMC. I really like the fit but the contract make this impossible

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Lindholm is one of the better defensive d-men in the league. He’d be our best guy defensively by far. He is definitely a top pairing D, just not a 1st PP unit guy, which is why his TOI is a little lower.

Don’t think he’s getting traded either, not just because of his injury. Ekholm is way more realistic.

speaking of Anaheim, I’ve always really like Rikard Rakell and how much skill he brings to the table. such an underrated player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: