Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It’s not an obsession to not want to give up the entire career of a very promising prospect for 1.5 to 3 good years from Ekholm. That’s a trade that simply doesn’t make sense and you likely won’t see any other team make unless they’re content for a cup and are 1 piece away, which we are not. I think it’s good asset management.
Will be interesting to watch play out lots of talk recently about Bruins GM going public trying to indirectly put pressure on his owner to open the coffer$ with Jacobs unwilling to budge on his stance.

On the radio today, they said Neely was warned by Jacobs recently that if he spends an extra $, he’s out the door.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Will be interesting to watch play out lots of talk recently about Bruins GM going public trying to indirectly put pressure on his owner to open the coffer$ with Jacobs unwilling to budge on his stance.

On the radio today, they said Neely was warned by Jacobs recently that if he spends an extra $, he’s out the door.
Jacob’s not losing that battle. He’s as old school as they come.

Reactions: Deebs

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Just watch Romanov out there, he's in his D+3 and he's still not ready, and Romanov is an immensely better prospect than Guhle will ever be on all facets of the game, he may get a few games next year, but he's not playing a regular shift until at least 2023.

Also my money isn't on him being better than Ekholm
I'm probably THE biggest Romanov fan and I'm not sure I would even say he's a better prospect than Guhle is at all. That's just my opinion of course.

It will be interesting to see how things play out!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm probably THE biggest Romanov fan and I'm not sure I would even say he's a better prospect than Guhle is at all. That's just my opinion of course.

It will be interesting to see how things play out!

Don't think its that debatable IMO. I think a lot of people overrate what Guhle is because he's big and a first rounder ? Literally nothing Guhle has done indicts he will be more than a 2nd pairing Dman.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Yeah, number of hits doesn't mean squat. Chiarots hit actually matter, theyre not just smothers on the board. Nobody in the league is scared of walking on Edmundsons side, Chiarot at least has that going for him, and he will defend his teammates and shows emotion.

If the difference between acquiring Ekholm/Lindholm is giving Edmundson instead of Chiarot it would be dumb as shit to not do it.

Ekholm is going to cost something like this, no question. I don't give a flying shit about Guhle anyway, at best he's going to be what Ekholm is right now.

You have to give to get and I think all those guys have similar ceiling anyway, well maybe not Norlinder who was overhyped, obviously.
Haven't read future posts and not sure somebody said what I'm about to say.
Guhle atleast is cost controlled for many many years and Ekholm contract expires next season and is as free as the wind. I'd rather go for 1st pick and 2 'B' prospects a la Muzzin trade last year. But we all know Bergevin never tradesnfirst so no Ekholm for us.

I'd say Guhle is a B+ to a very low A-.
2 lesser prospects would be better or 1 if we can fleece them in the auction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Haven't read future posts and not sure somebody said what I'm about to say.
Guhle atleast is cost controlled for many many years and Ekholm contract expires next season and is as free as the wind. I'd rather go for 1st pick and 2 'B' prospects a la Muzzin trade last year. But we all know Bergevin never tradesnfirst so no Ekholm for us.

I'd say Guhle is a B+ to a very low A-
2 lesser prospects would be better or 1 if we can fleece them in the auction.

Yes, obviously Id love to acquire Ekholm for a 2nd rounder and Farrel but this is the real world and you have to give to get.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Jacob’s not losing that battle. He’s as old school as they come.
It’s a bigger issue and potentially impacts the Ekholm’s. IMO Preds are in big financial hurt right now, and I suspect trade deadline moves will have a lot less to do about hockey ops vs financial survivability.

I’ll maintain CDN teams will play cheap bastard role and prices won’t be as steep as being anticipated based on using historical trade deadlines as reference points

Reactions: Sterling Archer

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I certainly hope they don't trade Guhle. Even the 1st rounder in this year's draft could end up super valuable. This year's draft might be more random, but it means other team's scouts also don't have the chance to scout players extensively. This is why I maintain that DeAngelo is the best fit to improve our defense, because of the price you have to pay for Ekholm is inflated. Might as well try Hamilton if the Flames miss the playoffs.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It’s a bigger issue and potentially impacts the Ekholm’s. IMO Preds are in big financial hurt right now, and I suspect trade deadline moves will have a lot less to do about hockey ops vs financial survivability.

I’ll maintain CDN teams will play cheap bastard role and prices won’t be as steep as being anticipated based on using historical trade deadlines as reference points
I was saying this in the off-season after it had been reported many owners where in tight financial positions due to the pandemic. With Bergman saying escrow is growing and to expect a flat cap for 4 years, it’s only going to make the situation more difficult for a lot of teams.

This could be a positive for us as we have a lot of contracts coming up and youngsters moving into the lineup. Add the expansion draft and we could be in a really great situation with capspace and a full roster and farm. With the right moves, we can be in a very good situation for the next 5 years.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I want Miles Wood for the third line.

Pretty please :sarcasm:

And then..

1st round pick + Harris + Kulak for Elkholm or Lindholm.

Miles Wood would be a good addition, I agree but then it means either Lekhonen or Perry had to sit, not sure how I feel about this.

The preds will want Guhle.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Miles Wood would be a good addition, I agree but then it means either Lekhonen or Perry had to sit, not sure how I feel about this.

Guhle isn't 'almost ready to jump in', which is what Nashville seemingly wants.

Romanov would probably be the asking price.

(and I want to keep both of them)

Reactions: Runner77

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Debatable.
Only debate is that Ekholm is a better D now. Romanov will surpass him in a year or two moving forward. Not a trade a team makes unless they’re an Ekholm away from a cup and can justify losing a young talent for what’s effectively a rental, even if he resigns. Habs not in that position but Leafs, Tampa, Vegas, Carolina, etc. would likely make a deal like that.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Preds can want whoever they want, they’ll be lucky to get a Cale Fleury + 1st is my prediction.

Teams in weak financial situation (which accounts for at least 15+ US based teams) have zero leverage in the present environment.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Guhle isn't 'almost ready to jump in', which is what Nashville seemingly wants.

Romanov would probably be the asking price.

(and I want to keep both of them)

No way 1.5 seasons of Ekholm returns Romanov otherwise they would have moved him already. I could see maybe Harris as a main piece in the deal since he is basically a pro already but not Romanov.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Preds can want whoever they want, they’ll be lucky to get a Cale Fleury + 1st is my prediction.

Teams in weak financial situation (which accounts for at least 15+ US based teams) have zero leverage in the present environment.

We have to take into account that 3 Canadian teams are likely bidding against each other for him. The price will be a little lower than what they say but it’ll be more than Fleury + 1st.

Reactions: Vachon23

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Debatable.

Just the fact that its debatable is good enough to not trade Romanov for him lol.

Come on, thats ridiculous. Teams see an easy opportunity for the cup this year, there will be a heck of a bidding war.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Come on, thats ridiculous. Teams see an easy opportunity for the cup this year, there will be a heck of a bidding war.
That’s a fans perspective...right now ownership is micro-managing almost all the US based franchises, with GMs playing figurehead roles.

As I posted previously, radio reported locally Jacobs told Neely not $1 extra to be spent on players, which is why Sweeney has gone public trying to force the owner to change his mind as deadline approaches, or both Neely & Sweeney are out of a job. Bruins will need to either significantly reduce hockey ops staff, or make salary for salary deals.

I suspect Bruins have / will offer DeBrusk for Ekholm swap, and I suspect Poile is looking to reduce salary (even Ekholm’s paltry $3.75M by NHL standards), thus will look for a futures only deal with max ELC coming back

Except VGK and NYR almost all the US based teams are under same mandate.

What hasn’t made headlines is most US teams have reduced hockey ops (scouting, coaching, management etc. by upwards of 40%), many have zero scouting in place for vast regions of North America let alone in Europe due to impact of the reductions.

It’s simply a continuation of the off-season...lots of sellers very few buyers simply due to internal budgetary restrictions and for the teams that are willing to spend (I.e CDN teams), they’re restricted by lack of cap space.

Add all those factors up, and per simple laws of supply and demand, one would assume market prices should stagnate or drop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad