Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Imagine thinking that Lindholm wouldn’t be our best defender when our top two defenders in icetime are Chiarot, who is a #5 and Weber who can’t skate or make a simple pass anymore.
Imagine thinking Hampus f***ing Lindholm is our saviour on D lol. You guys are bananas, but that's the beauty of opinions

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Imagine thinking Hampus f***ing Lindholm is our saviour on D lol. You guys are bananas, but that's the beauty of opinions

No one said he’d be a saviour. It would take more than one player. But at 27, he can definitely stick around and continue to be a top shutdown defender while young defencemen start to make the team (Guhle, Harris, Norlinder, Struble, Brook). This is on top of carrying this sad sack of a first pairing this season.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
No one said he’d be a saviour. It would take more than one player. But at 27, he can definitely stick around and continue to be a top shutdown defender while young defencemen start to make the team (Guhle, Harris, Norlinder, Struble, Brook). This is on top of carrying this sad sack of a first pairing this season.
Aren't we looking for offense?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

You can just drop it and admit you dont know shit about him, its pretty clear by now. Calling one of the best ES Dman in the league a 2nd pair D is absolutely absurd.

Lindholm - Petry would be a fantastic 1st pairing for us.

Its exactly what Im thinking.

A pairing like this can play 25 minutes a night, meaning Webers load can go down by a fair margin which would theoretically mean Weber does better on a nightly basis.

My fear is that theyd try to plug him on Webers side though.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
As long as whoever we bring in can play with Petry on top pair I’m fine with it. The team can’t seem to accept Weber is no longer top pairing D as age is catching up with him, so I’m sure they’d plug whoever we get with him on first pair. He needs to be dropped to 2nd pair to get the best out of him.

Reactions: psychonaut

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hampus Lindholm is awesome. Not sure why someone would say differently. Only issue is you can count on him missing around 15 games a season.

I’d rather go for Cam Fowler who would likely be cheaper because he doesn’t really fit with the Ducks rebuild plans and he provides more offence.

How about Fowler’s games played record since he’s been in the league? He misses quite a few games too — not something the Habs can afford in a condensed schedule.

Would you not prefer Eckholm, who is more of a horse, which is what you’d need in a 1st pairing D?

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I think we need another mobile defenceman.

Petry is our only one right now.

Weber
Chiarot
Edmundson
Aren’t mobile

Mete is running around a lot
Romanov is still learning
Kulak has weak stick handling skills

we also need a faceoff center
We need a scoring winger

Basically 3 missing pieces.
Eric Staal makes sense
Rickard Rakell makes sense
Matthias Ekholm makes sense

I get rid of Paul Byron Brett Kulak and Lehkonen to create space

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think we need another mobile defenceman.

Petry is our only one right now.

Weber
Chiarot
Edmundson
Aren’t mobile

Mete is running around a lot
Romanov is still learning
Kulak has weak stick handling skills

we also need a faceoff center
We need a scoring winger

Basically 3 missing pieces.
Eric Staal makes sense
Rickard Rakell makes sense
Matthias Ekholm makes sense
The scoring winger will be Caufield and Staal is too expensive to be a fourth line C.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I mean his points pace over 82 games since 2015 is 9 goals, 30 points. He’s also elite defensively. Don’t make it seem like he’s a bigger Victor Mete.
Vic is his own special tier of hot garbage :)

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
You can just drop it and admit you dont know shit about him, its pretty clear by now. Calling one of the best ES Dman in the league a 2nd pair D is absolutely absurd.
I know enough about him.

So you're still good with your offer of a 1st, Guhle, Edmundson and Mete from yesterday for him even though you know he's out for 6 weeks?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I know enough about him.

So you're still good with your offer of a 1st, Guhle, Edmundson and Mete from yesterday for him even though you know he's out for 6 weeks?
Yes, I don't care, there's absolutely no way Guhle even touches Lindholm as a player and he's going to be around for the playoffs. Im not sure Anaheim does it though.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Yes, I don't care, there's absolutely no way Guhle even touches Lindholm as a player and he's going to be around for the playoffs. Im not sure Anaheim does it though.
4 pieces for a 30 point defenseman... Crazy. But I'll end it there. Just wanted you to say you'd still do that deal. Thought maybe you were just having another bad day of trade proposals

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
4 pieces for a 30 point defenseman... Crazy. But I'll end it there. Just wanted you to say you'd still do that deal. Thought maybe you were just having another bad day of trade proposals

Stop calling him a 30 point defenseman, he's literally a top pair D. At some point five different people have told you you didn't know shit, its probably a good time to stop.

Value of: - Hampus Lindholm to Rangers
Proposal: - ANA - VAN (Lindholm for Boeser)
Vancouver fans willing to trade Boeser + for "A 30 points Dman"

A bit of reading on what people think of Lindholm. Jesus christ how stupid are these people, amirite ?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
A defensive defensemen that can face Matthews/McDavid each night without problem and that would help the transition and the puck possession, yes it's an essential need and they don't run in the street

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Stop calling him a 30 point defenseman, he's literally a top pair D. At some point five different people have told you you didn't know shit, its probably a good time to stop.

Value of: - Hampus Lindholm to Rangers
Proposal: - ANA - VAN (Lindholm for Boeser)
Vancouver fans willing to trade Boeser + for "A 30 points Dman"

A bit of reading on what people think of Lindholm. Jesus christ how stupid are these people, amirite ?
Post whatever you want about him, that's never been the main issue. It doesn't change the fact that giving up 4 pieces on a guy who's out for 6 weeks, has 1 year left on his contract and would decimate our roster this season is a ridiculous move.

We should be focusing on the better player who the insiders have said would cost what it took to get Muzzin to the Leafs. Makes so much more sense for the team right now and in the future.

It was nice chatting with you and I apologize for my tone. I'll drop it.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Post whatever you want about him, that's never been the main issue. It doesn't change the fact that giving up 4 pieces on a guy who's out for 6 weeks, has 1 year left on his contract and would decimate our roster this season is a ridiculous move.

We should be focusing on the better player who the insiders have said would cost what it took to get Muzzin to the Leafs. Makes so much more sense for the team right now and in the future.

It was nice chatting with you and I apologize for my tone. I'll drop it.

The Habs don't have a need for complementary pieces like Muzzin. Of they're going to get someone, they should get someone who is very good, and that costs money.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The Habs don't have a need for complementary pieces like Muzzin. Of they're going to get someone, they should get someone who is very good, and that costs money.
Ekholm isn't a complimentary piece, imo of course. He's also cheaper and won't run the risk of losing valuable assets going forward. He probably won't resign here in a year which needs to be taken into consideration, along with the expansion draft.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia