Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If now isn’t the time for Ekholm, then I don’t know when is. He completes us.

giphy.gif

200.gif

tumblr_mqdp08TGS71sp9fcho1_500.gif

Trying to gauge which one of these fits best...

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Only 8 weeks left in the year. If chiarot is out 6-8 weeks with a broken hand we can Patrick Kane him until the playoffs and come out with:

Ekholm- weber
Edy- petry
Chiarot - Romanov

One of chiarot or edy is then probably taken in the expansion draft. Romanov then moves up to second pair next year, and first pair the year after when ekholm leaves.

LTIR is super complex and I think the Habs will still be under even with it. They should have near 3m in performance bonus to pay and once Chiarot returns they will bust the cap. It only work if he is out for the reminder of the season (or MB trade Byron at the deadline to someone else for picks).

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
LTIR is super complex and I think the Habs will still be under even with it. They should have near 3m in performance bonus to pay and once Chiarot returns they will bust the cap. It only work if he is out for the reminder of the season (or MB trade Byron at the deadline to someone else for picks).

Yeah, that was my suggestion, use the Patrick Kane loop hole (soon to be known as the kucherov loop hole)

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
As long as he doesn't require surgery then that's better than a broken wrist. Souray played with a cast/brace on his hand when he broke his in a fight.

I really don't think we want Chairot playing with a cast/brace on...I mean, honestly, fully healthy he's "not great", so playing while under 100% isn't a good idea...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I really don't think we want Chairot playing with a cast/brace on...I mean, honestly, fully healthy he's "not great", so playing while under 100% isn't a good idea...

I can see it. Not right away. But, he'll probably come back a little early with a suitable brace.

Still need a D, and move Chiarot to a #5 role.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Honestly if Bergevin doesn't go for Ekholm or Lindholm he's done in the NHL, its now or never for him. Thats a career defining move.
He should definitely go for them but career defining and be done forever is a little too dramatic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1000eeer

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I can see it. Not right away. But, he'll probably come back a little early with a suitable brace.

Still need a D, and move Chiarot to a #5 role.

...and that's the issue; will Ducharme play Chairot where he belongs or immediately put him back with Weber??...my worry is no matter how well (or not) Romanov plays with Weber, they will decide to play Chairot over him...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He shouldn’t definitely go for them but career defining and be done forever is a little too dramatic.
It is not. He's already on the hot seat as of today. Running with Edmundson/Romanov/Mete as your left side for 8 weeks and into the PO is asking to either miss them or get ejected real quick. Ekholm/Lindholm gets the Habs a ticket to the SCF.

Strongest roster ever assembled since 07 or 09, future is now before KK and Suzuki get those big contracts and Gally, Weber, Price decline while on big contracts.

Caufield + Ekholm/Lindholm + a fourth line with speed and size puts us over the Leafs.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It is not. He's already on the hot seat as of today. Running with Edmundson/Romanov/Mete as your left side for 8 weeks and into the PO is asking to either miss them or get ejected real quick. Ekholm/Lindholm gets the Habs a ticket to the SCF.

Strongest roster ever assembled since 07 or 09, future is now before KK and Suzuki get those big contracts and Gally, Weber, Price decline while on big contracts.

Caufield + Ekholm/Lindholm + a fourth line with speed and size puts us over the Leafs.

Where are we getting the 4th line with speed and size?

We have Perry who has size and Byron who has speed ... :dunno:

Wouldn't mind getting Max Jones out of Anaheim or Lawson Crouse from Arizona. Really need that type of player. We need some physicality and some protection for the kids.

I can see Bergevin getting a 4th line faceoff - winning center too. Probably a vet: either Staal (Buffalo) or Richardson (Nashville). Could also look into Zajac in New Jersey.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Where are we getting the 4th line with speed and size?

We have Perry who has size and Byron who has speed ... :dunno:

Wouldn't mind getting Max Jones out of Anaheim or Lawson Crouse from Arizona. Really need that type of player. We need some physicality and some protection for the kids.

I can see Bergevin getting a 4th line faceoff - winning center too. Probably a vet: either Staal (Buffalo) or Richardson (Nashville). Could also look into Zajac in New Jersey.
I'm still hoping for a Joel Armia for Sam Bennett trade. Habs need more toughness and Flames need a RW.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Reducing quarantine time??

It appears that inter-Canada, it's now 7 days if you leave or enter the bubble (how long Daryll Sutter was in quarantine and how long it was said Chiarot will have to be in quarantine now that he left the bubble). But USA/Canada is still 14 days. Maybe they want to bring that to 7 days for USA/Canada too? Those players are tested every day, it's not like a tourist.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
A 4th line C is likely a need for the playoffs. No offense to Evans, but we could stand to upgrade there.

What!? Evans is very good at what he does. He’s deadly on the PK by his tenacious forecheck and same goes at 5V5. He also creates a lot of chances for a 4th line, gives many good hits + pacing for 20 points with 10-12 min/game.

What more do you expect? I wouldn’t trade for a 5% upgrade in the dot over everything stated above. Give me the young hungry guy that wants to prove himself rather than trading a 3rd round pick for a 35yo guy ‘good on faceoffs’.

just my .02 cents

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What!? Evans is very good at what he does. He’s deadly on the PK by his tenacious forecheck and same goes at 5V5. He also creates a lot of chances for a 4th line, gives many good hits + pacing for 20 points with 10-12 min/game.

What more do you expect? I wouldn’t trade for a 5% upgrade in the dot over everything stated above. Give me the young hungry guy that wants to prove himself rather than trading a 3rd round pick for a 35yo guy ‘good on faceoffs’.

just my .02 cents

Not sure what you’re watching but Evans creates one chance every like 5 games. He’s not doing much other than doing well on the PK. That line never has any sustained offensive pressure. I wouldn’t trust him to take a regular shift in the playoffs or even to kill of a huge penalty at the end of a game.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Sorry bro. I think you’re being way over dramatic and there’s zero. ZERO chance of trading Caufield for Ekholm. Did I put enough emphasis on ZERO chance? Because I can’t emphasize that enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad