Proposal: Trade Thread #61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Obvious exaggeration, but you can still take a peek at his thread and realize people think hes part of one of the best line in hockey.

He is part of one of the best ES lines in hockey. That's not even debatable. That line frequently plays against the other teams best players, starts a lot in the defensive zone, has great underlying numbers almost across the board and has one of the best ES on-ice goal differentials is the NHL.

Unless you think the measure of a good hockey line is "line with the most talented players" or "line that scores the most" and not "line that outplays their opponents" or "line that frequently outscores their opponents", then I'm not sure what the issue is.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He is part of one of the best ES lines in hockey. That's not even debatable. That line frequently plays against the other teams best players, starts a lot in the defensive zone, has great underlying numbers almost across the board and has one of the best ES on-ice goal differentials is the NHL.

Unless you think the measure of a good hockey line is "line with the most talented players" or "line that scores the most" and not "line that outplays their opponents" or "line that frequently outscores their opponents", then I'm not sure what the issue is.
Hockey is too fluid of a sport to propose this kimd of line by line comparisons.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
What is Mete's trade value? I'd rather Bergevin not trade him because of depth, but some youtuber is suggesting the Canucks acquiring him, as they have problems on defense. Maybe Mete could pick a page out of Hugues' playbook if it were to happen.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
+- 20 goals/season on a 82 games ratio

He isn’t producing those numbers playing the the way he has the last 2 years. Should we put Perry on the first line because he scored 50 goals in the past?

Jul 6, 2016
Laine wanted to play on the first line but Wheeler and Scheifele did not, thats why. Wheeler is a bad apple in that lockerroom.

Coaches are paid to decide who plays with whom. And are there to balance their offense. And Laine is not the most reliable defensively to start with.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
He isn’t producing those numbers playing the the way he has the last 2 years. Should we put Perry on the first line because he scored 50 goals in the past?
sorry, my bad , you're right. He didn't get 20 goals out of his 56 and 29 games played last 2 seasons

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So as I understand it, your argument against him being a part of one of the best lines in hockey is there is no way to determine which are the best lines in hockey?

Please elaborate if I'm misunderstanding.
The argument to be made is that his line outproduces its counterparts at 5 on 5 but theres no ways to determine the counterparts at 5 on 5. Hockey is a fluid game played by a whole rotating roster of player, not by a single unit with replacement players.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
The argument to be made is that his line outproduces its counterparts at 5 on 5 but theres no ways to determine the counterparts at 5 on 5. Hockey is a fluid game played by a whole rotating roster of player, not by a single unit with replacement players.

That doesn't really elaborate your position, it just sounds like your saying that lines can't be ranked.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Basically, one can evaluate the impact one singular line has on the ice but taking those performances and using that evaluation to determine that X or Y line is greater than A or B is iffy.

Iffy over a handful of games, but not over a couple seasons. Danault tilts the ice at 5-on-5. It’s undisputable.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Basically, one can evaluate the impact one singular line has on the ice but taking those performances and using that evaluation to determine that X or Y line is greater than A or B is iffy.

Every measure or evaluation is to some degree "iffy". There is plenty of data to effectively grade lines and it is very hard to say Tatar-Danault-Gallagher isn't one of the best ES lines right now.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
When you look at our defence it actually has a good balance of skills including mobility, however that is still the least among them. Bringing in someone who is a bit more mobile, a bit more offensive minded to be in the mix as an option sounds great.

But I'm not giving up our 1st for Dunn. We are in a position of strength and this is about fine tuning. Patience. Sooner or later we will be able to help a team who is hurting because we might have someone to spare, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad