Proposal: Trade Thread #61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Like I wrote before it's 2021 not 2012. A team that acquires Crosby is getting three or four good years tops. The Habs already have several of his peers in Price, Weber, and Perry, they're still serviceable but that clock is ticking. What did you think of Kovalchuk last year? What about Chara? What did you think of Jagr in his last few seasons?

Larkin wouldn't be traded for Crosby in 1for1 swap.

That said Crosby would he a good fit for the Habs, and over the next four years he'd transition from 1st to 3rd line center.

I disagree.

I suspect Detroit would make that trade without hesitation.

At 33, Chara was leading the Bruins to a cup, if you don't think Charra would have commanded much more than Larkin at that age, plus being relatively underpaid compared to his equivalent peers for the next 5 years, you follow a different NHL than I do.

Jagr at 33 was putting up 123 pts with the Rangers... Larkin??? Come on, get real.

You are seriously undervalueing what Crosby is, currently, on how rare/valuable that type of talent is... And very odd that you draw comparisons to players in their late 30's/early 40's. Not sure how old you are, but I can assure you that there is a massive physical difference between 33 & 38-39-40.

No reason to suspect a significant drop off in his play for at least 3-4 more years, then there are the intangible benefits that a GM like Yzerman does clearly value.

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You should ! Lemieux will never trade him, he's to much important to that franchise. Even the arena capacity (18 087 ) is on his honour. Maybe Malkin could be traded but even him I would't bet on that

Crosby might wanna play till he is 40 ....i think chances are his final years wont be in Pittsburgh...

Also, Malkin is UFA end of next year(less than 100 games from now??)...chances are high he comes to Montreal.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
No way any team gives up a combination of good young nhl players, blue chip prospects and 1st rounders for aging Crosby, no matter how good he is. Pre cap era no doubt a bunch of teams would do it because you could easily spend your way filling up the assets you traded away. In today's nhl cost controlled assets are too valuable. I would never trade Suzuki + Romanov like some gave suggested no matter how much I love Crosby and doubt any nhl team would do something similar.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Ovis contract is up after this one.

Ovechkin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli

As a top 6...

Jesus almighty.

Send Drouin, Gally and Danault away to fit him under the cap and Tatar.

From the weakest left side in the league to the best.

I'm already reaching for the kleenex to clean up just thinking about it.:nod:

Reactions: Mrb1p

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Crosby might wanna play till he is 40 ....i think chances are his final years wont be in Pittsburgh...

Also, Malkin is UFA end of next year(less than 100 games from now??)...chances are high he comes to Montreal.

Based on what?

Or, is it sarcasm?

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Caufield - Malkin - Toffoli
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Poehling - Evans - Ylonen

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ovis contract is up after this one.

Ovechkin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli

As a top 6...

Jesus almighty.

Send Drouin, Gally and Danault away to fit him under the cap and Tatar.

From the weakest left side in the league to the best.

Looks nice but I'd wanna see the entire roster and how it fits the cap. Teams with weak depth don't go anywhere. Not saying it's impossible for us to have a good bottom 6F but I'd like to see how it looks first.

Big Question: Is Evans ready for 3C next year? I just wonder. He's playing very well right now

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I disagree.

I suspect Detroit would make that trade without hesitation.

At 33, Chara was leading the Bruins to a cup, if you don't think Charra would have commanded much more than Larkin at that age, plus being relatively underpaid compared to his equivalent peers for the next 5 years, you follow a different NHL than I do.

Jagr at 33 was putting up 123 pts with the Rangers... Larkin??? Come on, get real.

You are seriously undervalueing what Crosby is, currently, on how rare/valuable that type of talent is... And very odd that you draw comparisons to players in their late 30's/early 40's. Not sure how old you are, but I can assure you that there is a massive physical difference between 33 & 38-39-40.

No reason to suspect a significant drop off in his play for at least 3-4 more years, then there are the intangible benefits that a GM like Yzerman does clearly value.

Do you think that Crosby could get 123 points next year?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Crosby ain't leaving the Pens, the guy is such a pro and never complains or anything. Malkin might, but I still don't see it. OV will have a giant contract this upcoming year which I don't see how we could afford.

Reactions: le_sean

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mete to Van
Freidman thinks, maybe

I think I would trade Mete for two 2nd's. One in 2022 and one in 2023. Spread out the picks and diversify our darts into several drafts. Keep the prospect pool deep for years to come. I'd even consider swapping a 3rd in the next draft for a 2nd in the 2022 draft

- Mete
- 2021 3rd (Caps)
for
- 2022 2nd
- 2023 2nd

I'm not trading Mete for cheap... no matter how much anybody tells me he sucks or is not worth that much. If that's the case, keep him

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think I would trade Mete for two 2nd's. One in 2022 and one in 2023. Spread out the picks and diversify our darts into several drafts. Keep the prospect pool deep for years to come
We are an injury away from being screwed back there. You aren't going to find someone as cheap and good as Mete.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We are an injury away from being screwed back there. You aren't going to find someone as cheap and good as Mete.

It's a good point for sure and Bergevin probably thinks the same. Just saying what price I would think about moving him. Set is relatively high and I'm sure Bergevin is.

I'm not a huge fan of Ouellet but he can be as effective as Mete this season. Mete's value is when he touches his prime which is years to come. He's only 22 and I think he is the 25-30+ type in terms of his prime. This season? Ouellet can be just as effective as the 22 year old Mete in a depth role.

So if I get two 2nd's for future drafts, I'm probably making the move (I love having those extra 2nd round darts and I'd target the 2022 and 2023 drafts). Then you have Ouellet, Fleury, Olofsson, Leskinen and maybe even Guhle

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Crosby will never leave Pittsburgh. The guy's a creature of habit and he seems to be very loyal to people who are loyal to him, and Pittsburgh always has been.

I can see Malkin going, but it won't be here. Our C is shored up for the near future.

Ovi coming here in FA would be BONKERS. The man could score 30 goals standing still (and literally does some years) and I would do any sort of gymnastics to make it happen. Pipe dream, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad