Proposal: Trade Thread #61

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
OMG Crosby.....Get real guys....If Pittsburgh did that it would be for a superstar futures package.....Suzuki or KK + Romanov + 2 x 1sts. Pittsburgh would not do it for 29 year old Danault as the center piece. I love Crosby but this trade is 3-4 years too late. Let's stay the course with our youngsters.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Near playoffs I don’t mind shipping Tatar and Mete for bigger playoff performers. Also first round pick is in play.

a big top 9 forward
Big top 6 defenceman

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Houlerion

Jan 20, 2021
Repentigny
Man...Did I read that someone proposed a trade around Danault for Crosby? IK that he's not the same player he was ten years ago, but never will Pitts agree with that.

If Crosby's ever trade, Pens will be on a reset or rebuilding mode and they'll want some fresh youngsters with picks...

If I'm Pitts and I want to trade Crosby in MTL, I'm looking for KK or Suz, not Phil "the grill".

Reactions: Runner77

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Could we make a deal with VAN that included Pearson vs Armia as a base ? Pearson is LW and he had success with Toffoli in LA. Both are FA at the end of the year

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Crosby will retired as a Penguins. Forget that !

Most likely.

Just the mere thought of it though... in December in HF Leafs' Around the NHL thread a few posters hinted at "consequences" of a Crosby move, saying he would likely 'choose' MTL or nothing. Things got a little scary then everyone agreed chances were super low.

:popcorn:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Crosby is 33 (same age as Price) with 5 years left. He wants to win and it's reasonable to assume he will retire as a Pens but time changes things and I don't see Crosby wanting to be a non playoff team from 33-37. If they miss this year and then again next year... I can see both sides agreeing that it's best to trade him to a better team while they rebuild and get futures for the trade. Same with Malkin.

I say there is a 50/50 change both Crosby and Malkin don't finish those contracts in Pittsburg. I'm not as high as others that they are going nowhere.

His trade value? Depends on when he is traded. Age 33 or 35? Different values there boys

Reactions: BrianTheSavage49

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol Crosby isn’t going anywhere. Malkin maybe but Sid isn’t leaving. He’ll be given every opportunity to surpass Mario’s point totals. He’s the most important player in franchise history (they were likely going to be relocated if not for that lottery).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol Crosby isn’t going anywhere. Malkin maybe but Sid isn’t leaving. He’ll be given every opportunity to surpass Mario’s point totals. He’s the most important player in franchise history (they were likely going to be relocated if not for that lottery).

What's your %? 100% he stays?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He strikes me as the ultimate professional. Sid will never complain and ask for a trade. It doesn’t fit with his personality. He’ll shoulder the blame and try to will them into the playoffs each year.

Today yes but he's got 5 years left on his contract ($9.6M, $9M, $3M, $3M, $3M). I say he's probably still with the Pens for at least the next two years but if they struggle to make the playoffs in those 2 years, I can see things changing when it drops to $3M. That's when he is 35 and he might want another shot at a cup. Time changes things so I'm not 100%

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
OMG Crosby.....Get real guys....If Pittsburgh did that it would be for a superstar futures package.....Suzuki or KK + Romanov + 2 x 1sts. Pittsburgh would not do it for 29 year old Danault as the center piece. I love Crosby but this trade is 3-4 years too late. Let's stay the course with our youngsters.

Really?
Suzuki, Romanov, two first rounders for 33 year-old Crosby?

People continuously overestimate how much it costs to acquire stars in trades.

That would be a good package of Crosby was a few years younger.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Danault
1st
Harris
Armia
Byron

For

Crosby

Pittsburgh gets a young roster player, a pick, and a good prospect, Danault gets to be an offensive C, Montreal improves their cup contention chances, and the trade is approximately cap neutral.
Sids my favorite player and Id cry like a baby if he wore the bleu blanc rouge but why do we need him

Reactions: DAChampion

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Really?
Suzuki, Romanov, two first rounders for 33 year-old Crosby?

People continuously overestimate how much it costs to acquire stars in trades.

That would be a good package of Crosby was a few years younger.
I wouldnt do it....just saying thats what it would cost. Crosby's value to the Pens transcends on ice value.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Only way I see Crosby coming here is if at the end of his contract, the Penguins are deep in a rebuild and he decides he wants a shot at living his childhood dream of being a Hab.

That said, I think Sid wants to be like Mario and stay his entire career with the pens and I credit him for that since thats really rare in any sport now.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I wouldnt do it....just saying thats what it would cost. Crosby's value to the Pens transcends on ice value.

The Pens are a business. If they're run like one, they'll move on from Crosby the moment he can no longer lead them to meaningful playoff runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad