Proposal: Trade Thread #61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
CJ recently said that he was comfortable with any pairing on the ice, even Romanov’s. Why mess with that?

one possibility.... they reunite big Ed and Dunn on the 3rd pairing and promote Romanov to 2nd pairing. I wouldn’t add much to that trade at all.

Also, I’d be inclined to trade someone else and keep Kulak to have the option to revert to the current lineup if Dunn is still getting walked.

I've did my research on that, and he they didn't played on the same pair

Reactions: RandomTask26

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
No
Hearing about some troubles with Mantha in Detroit , it seems he was benched and had video sessions with coaches to talk about his play. I'd love for Bergevin to go after him while finding a way to make the money work. I know there's major concerns about his consistency, but when he's on, he's a special player. He's been stuck on a losing team for year, a change of scenery to his hometown team, where the locker room feels like they have with it takes to go deep in the playoff or even win it all, may be exactly what he need to get the best out of him. The thought of a Mantha - Suzuki - Anderson makes me salivate a bit haha. It would be like Patches - DD - Cole version 2021 but with an emerging star center in Suzuki instead of lil Davey, and a young power horse in Anderson compared to an aging Cole, Pacioretty (from that year) and Mantha would be a wash I guess, but man what a line that would be.

Nobody touches the current Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson line..

BUT, Mantha-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli would be a damn good 2nd line though.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
No

Nobody touches the current Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson line..

BUT, Mantha-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli would be a damn good 2nd line though.

tenor.gif

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I definitely would not give up our 1st for Dunn. Not really interested in him.
The first question Bergevin should asking to himself. Why st louis wants to get rid of him. ? Probably cause he is a really good player? Lol. I undestand the fact, they could lose him to seattle. . But acquiring him imo, is not an upgrade at all

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The first question Bergevin should asking to himself. Why st louis wants to get rid of him. ? Probably cause he is a really good player? Lol. I undestand the fact, they could lose him to seattle. . But acquiring him imo, is not an upgrade at all

I think the fact that they have a lot of D that plays the same type of him but with big contract (Krug,Faulk) doesn't help him. I'm not saying I would give a 1st round pick for him (In fact I would't) but he would be a better fit here because he would bring something unique to our defence. That being said, there is team that need him more then us and that will probably give better offer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i wouldn't trade a 1st for Dunn due to the expansion draft alone, don't really know him that well but after next season we could start to see an influx of D's to the system depending of course how Brook, Norlinder, Struble, Harris, Fairbrother, Fleury all progress or not by then. Having older players on short term deals seems like the smart move here, so i would just stick with what we got and focus more on the next few years

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I'd love to see another offer sheet this summer.

Pettersson, Svechnikov, Laine

Heiskanen, Makar, Dahlin, and Q. Hughes

Imagine how hated we would be by Carolina if we offer-sheeted Svechnikov

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Not sure I see a package we can offer that they would take.

1) Drouin and a pick? Doubt Yzerman wants Drouin

2) Byron, Armia, and a pick or prospect. He probably ask for a 1st or Caufield. Would you do it? I'd consider it.

3) We can't do futures only package due to cap.

I don't think he takes back Drouin but you never know. A deal around Byron, Armia, could work but it would need a big sweetener. Not trading Caufield at this point. Not sure if I'd do 1st also, on the other hand tho, next year will be a weak draft from all accounts, and Habs are hoping that first will be a late one hehe. Bergevin has a bunch of picks and might be willing to let go of a 1st. Can a team retain salary for just one year? I'd like to keep Armia for this run and maybe ad a D prospect instead like maybe Harris or maybe even Mete.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think he takes back Drouin but you never know. A deal around Byron, Armia, could work but it would need a big sweetener. Not trading Caufield at this point. Not sure if I'd do 1st also, on the other hand tho, next year will be a weak draft from all accounts, and Habs are hoping that first will be a late one hehe. Bergevin has a bunch of picks and might be willing to let go of a 1st. Can a team retain salary for just one year? I'd like to keep Armia for this run and maybe ad a D prospect instead like maybe Harris or maybe even Mete.

I sort of think along the same lines... So Mantha can stay in Detroit of some other team can trade for him.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I sort of think along the same lines... So Mantha can stay in Detroit of some other team can trade for him.
Yea there's a few variables complicating a trade for Mantha, but man he would fit this team like a glove. More size! More speed! And if he's motivated, a good 30 goal pace!

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yea there's a few variables complicating a trade for Mantha, but man he would fit this team like a glove. More size! More speed! And if his motivated, a good 30 goal pace!

I like his shot power the most. Shot power can win you games you have no business winning (Matthews with the Leafs for example). Not saying Mantha has the same shot but you get the point.

I don't think we get Mantha without giving them a guy like Drouin but with Caufield and probably another piece. Let them drown with him for a bit and maybe his value goes down

Reactions: FLHabs

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I don’t think we will have the capspace this year to do it even if Heiskanen would be a game changer add.
Heiskanen, Suzuki, KK, and Romanov on the same team. That would be unreal. If the Habs thought they could get him I'm sure they could move some money around.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Yea there's a few variables complicating a trade for Mantha, but man he would fit this team like a glove. More size! More speed! And if his motivated, a good 30 goal pace!
He has been unmotivated and lazy this season. It is possible that would change if he was on a contender.

Reactions: FLHabs and Deebs

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Cap space management move:

Armia out
Vesalainen In

Vesalainen - KK - Ylonen :nod:

KK needs speedy wingers

Mysak could eventually be a great option as well

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Cap space management move:

Armia out
Vesalainen In

Vesalainen - KK - Ylonen :nod:

KK needs speedy wingers
You realize neither Vesalainen or Ylönen aren't NHLer yet, and high likely at least one of them wont ever be. KK would ask trade within week if put between those guys.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'd love to see another offer sheet this summer.

Pettersson, Svechnikov, Laine

Heiskanen, Makar, Dahlin, and Q. Hughes

Imagine how hated we would be by Carolina if we offer-sheeted Svechnikov
I'd want to see a Svech OS just to see Dundon's reaction LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad