Proposal: Trade Thread #61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Im really not sure i would do it for Suzuki for many reason. Suzuki is far less cheaper. He is still on his ELC, so it cost nothing for what he can bring. If montreal add Dubois, we will have to shed salary. Who will you shed? The other fact is yeah dubois is bigger and stronger, i agree i like this player. He will become a 70/80 pts in his best years imo. Suzuki have the potential to do it too with less the size. Dubois i would do it for a nhl player (danault) + A prospect like caufield and a first something like that

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Im really not sure i would do it for Suzuki for many reason. Suzuki is far less cheaper. He is still on his ELC, so it cost nothing for what he can bring. If montreal add Dubois, we will have to shed salary. Who will you shed? The other fact is yeah dubois is bigger and stronger, i agree i like this player. He will become a 70/80 pts in his best years imo. Suzuki have the potential to do it too with less the size. Dubois i would do it for a nhl player (danault) + A prospect like caufield and a first something like that

I know I wouldn't do it for Suzuki, kid is going to be special... I'd think about Kotkaniemi, though, and it's nothing against him, love his enthusiasm and potential, but if we get PLD for him, damn, any f***ing time... he's literally what we've needed forever, a potential PPG power center who doesn't have any real weaknesses, and who's only 22.

But of course, if they want Danault instead, I'd add Caufield + '21 1st + another roster player if they need one.

Can't see anything happen, though, it would be too perfect.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Danault (extended) + Poehling + 2021 1st rounder

CBJ gets two NHL ready C - one that fits in as top 2C right away and another who can grow, both of whom will fit Torts style of play. Danault (if he accepts to the extend) would come in at a digestible price point for CBJ.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Danault (extended) + Poehling + 2021 1st rounder

CBJ gets two NHL ready C - one that fits in as top 2C right away and another who can grow, both of whom will fit Torts style of play. Danault (if he accepts to the extend) would come in at a digestible price point for CBJ.

That’s not interesting for CBJ. They will have better offer then that

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
That’s not interesting for CBJ. They will have better offer then that
I’ll guarantee you in this revenue shortfall marketplace they won’t - at least not for the next 2-3 seasons.

Can’t think of another team that can offer two C’s, let alone a 27-year old C of Danaults acumen let alone a big skating C with potential like Poehling.

I also expect a pivot w CBJs strategy going after more mid-Western Americans, the way Jets go after Minny players so they’re close to home.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I’ll guarantee you in this revenue shortfall marketplace they won’t - at least not for the next 2-3 seasons.

Can’t think of another team that can offer a 27-year old C of Danaults acumen let alone a big skating C with potential like Poehling.

I also expect a pivot w CBJs strategy going after more mid-Western Americans, the way Jets go after Minny players so they’re close to home.

Danault is 1 years away from Free Agency it’s not really interesting for them and I don’t think Poehling is a grade A prospect right know.

Reactions: Holystik

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I don’t think Poehling holds that much value right now. You’d have to wait and see what kind of step forward he takes and then maybe, consider him as a potential asset.

Columbus knowing that we are crazing a French player would probably ask for Kotakaniemi + Romanov or Kotkaniemi + Caufield +.

I’m not even convinced KK won’t end up as good or possibly better.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If I’m Danault I’m testing the FA market if I’m traded to CBJ except if they offer me an offer I can’t refuse (something like 6 x 6) and that’s not in CBJ habit
Bjorkstrand just signed for 5-year / $27M , Danault would cost $5M-$5.5M (given the benefit of Ohio taxation & low cost of living vs Mtl) on a 5-6 year deal, and be guaranteed the top-2C role he apparently covets...at least for the foreseeable future - would also become an instant favorite of Torts given his 200-ft game.

What’s not in CBJs habit, much like STL (Pietrangelo) is a willingness to provide bonus laden contracts, and I speculate PLD was looking at $8M+ on a long term deal

Question is whether Danault would be willing to re-up with CBJ.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Columbus knowing that we are crazing a French player would probably ask for Kotakaniemi + Romanov or Kotkaniemi + Caufield +.

Depends on which Hab fans. I don't think we need to gut the team for one guy.

Not taking anything away from Dubois, but I really like the players we have.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Question is whether Danault would be willing to re-up with CBJ.

Bigger question for me is how much CBJ would even want Danault and if he'd even be on their radar.

Jarmo strikes me as someone who would go for the jugular. I think this may turn out to be too rich for Bergevin.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Bigger question for me is how much CBJ would even want Danault and if he'd even be on their radar.

Jarmo strikes me as someone who would go for the jugular. I think this may turn out to be too rich for Bergevin.
Jugular can include, danault, but with caufield, ghule 2-3 1st and maybe even more....
not suggesting that will happn, just saying, Jugular dont have to be only prospects

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jugular can include, danault, but with caufield, ghule 2-3 1st and maybe even more....
not suggesting that will happn, just saying, Jugular dont have to be only prospects

Jugular to me means one of Suzuki or KK plus Romanov. I hope it wouldn't be so but there are so many other teams in on this that someone is bound to make a massive overpayment. Sometimes staying put is the best option.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'd be willing to move KK + Danault and more doe PLD, but the problem is our centres drop for the 3rd line.

We'd likely have to move Drouin in it, take a hit on the LW and then try and acquire a guy like Brandon Sutter for the 3rd like centre.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Jugular to me means one of Suzuki or KK plus Romanov. I hope it wouldn't be so but there are so many other teams in on this that someone is bound to make a massive overpayment. Sometimes staying put is the best option.
Yea i hear you, i wont touch the two you mentioned, Where i disagree, i dont think there is as many teams that can pull this as you think.

Reactions: Runner77

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
I'd be willing to move KK + Danault and more doe PLD, but the problem is our centres drop for the 3rd line.

We'd likely have to move Drouin in it, take a hit on the LW and then try and acquire a guy like Brandon Sutter for the 3rd like centre.
KK and Danault +....that's absolute crazy talk imo.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yea i hear you, i wont touch the two you mentioned, Where i disagree, i dont think there is as many teams that can pull this as you think.

It's not me saying it. Renaud Lavoie confirming that there are as many as 20 teams in on Dubois. And when you have that many potential suitors, lots of possibilities on the table.

Now, if Lavoie is not a good source, then I stand corrected.

Reactions: Vachon23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
KK and Danault +....that's absolute crazy talk imo.

Not really.

It's worth is based on potential and draft position, not actual play.

Danault does well, but he's looking for a big raise and we can replace his defensive game somewhat easy.

PLD has KK's size if not bigger, meaner, can skate and score and isn't terrible in his own end. He's more proven than KK, but obviously because he's older.

At 5 mill other teams can fit him, so you can't luck out.

Besides, I doubt he's traded before their 1st game. Might not be until the offseason and we will have more data to evaluate if KK is going to be a good, decent, or terrible hockey player.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It's not me saying it. Renaud Lavoie confirming that there are as many as 20 teams in on Dubois. And when you have that many potential suitors, lots of possibilities on the table.

Now, if Lavoie is not a good source, then I stand corrected.
I’m shocked 32-teams are not interested!

Looking at which teams can first off send an under 28 C able to play 16+ TOI at present as part of the package, in addition to providing another ELC NHL ready prospect + 1st rounder or prospect? Obviously assumes CBJ is looking for a C as part of return package

- NYR & Bos have no youngish C to surrender
- Sens potentially have Colin White and could offer up Branstrom as part of a package
- Jets potentially have Columbus boy Roslovic
- LA could offer up Villardi or dare I say Byfield
- ANA could offer up Steel

Unless CBJs demand change to perhaps a high pick at next draft or purely futures based assets, I can’t find another team that can provide a proven young C who CBJ can slot in as top-2C immediately and acquire another NHL ready C to develop along with futures

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I’m shocked 32-teams are not interested!

Looking at which teams can first off send an under 28 C able to play 16+ TOI at present as part of the package, in addition to providing another ELC NHL ready prospect + 1st rounder or prospect? Obviously assumes CBJ is looking for a C as part of return package

- NYR & Bos have no youngish C to surrender
- Sens potentially have Colin White and could offer up Branstrom as part of a package
- Jets potentially have Columbus boy Roslovic
- LA could offer up Villardi or dare I say Byfield
- ANA could offer up Steel

Unless CBJs demand change to perhaps a high pick at next draft or purely futures based assets, I can’t find another team that can provide a proven young C who CBJ can slot in as top-2C immediately and acquire another NHL ready C to develop along with futures

If I was LA, Byfield would be on the table in about 2 seconds.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Is Dubois supposed to stagnate after the age of 22?

Why do people act like he himself can’t get better? We saw a dominant centre in the playoffs, while lining up against one of the NHL’s best (Matthews).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->