Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ha! Yeah, it's those two firsts and a high end prospect that kind of hurts there. No way we are touching that, nor should we. Either they get real on their ask or they can just keep him.
I beleive it’s two firsts or a first and a prospect that equals a first o

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Freidman on radio "I think Ottawa is up to something here. They have stepped it in regards to trying to get a Dman. They got somebody they are targeting, and they are trying to get it done, and they needed to clear up some cap room. The question is, is it someone who is a rental or with term?"

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
This is my line up. I seriously dont think you need to go for a big name dmen to improve this team's defence. I think most improvements can come from within by a coaching change that can implement a proper structure and holds our forwards accountable to playing properly instead of cheating all the time. I believe we have a decent foundation for a good D core and all we need is some complimentary pieces to round them out.

I think its a soft deal to get someone like Soucy or Carlo without having to give up huge assets like you would with Chychrun, and that can compliment both of our star dmen with Sanderson or Chabot.

Screenshot-2023-02-23-120205.png

I have Debrincat at $8.5M because this year cost him some money and don't think he gets close to his qualifying offer.
Pinto at $2.5M is what a 3rd line 35 point RFA usually gets. you can give or take 500K on this depending on length.
With Holden and Hamonic UFAs, I also wanter to bolster the bottom pairing with a guy that has more foot speed and can show they can move up in case of emergency. I wish we got Calvin last season.
Kelly sent down, Crooker can do his job and more.
Gambrell sent to Europe. Kasty is the 4th line future.
Goaltending, I dunno.
Based on going through this exercise (building spreadsheets with rosters & salaries) numerous times, I have found it difficult to come up with a cap compliant roster for next year if you try to address all three of these goals: a) sign Debrincat b) sign a decent 2nd goalie and c) add a good (1st/2nd pair) RD.

To make things work out cap wise, you have to skimp a little in one (or possibly more) of those 3 areas/goals. So in your projection, you picked saving money on defense which is an option & makes some sense. I think once you go over $6 m for the RD, it gets more difficult to make the numbers work. Almost anything is possible if you make some sizable cuts or subtractions somewhere of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I beleive it’s two firsts or a first and a prospect that equals a first o
Their ask is pretty high, otherwise it would be done already.

The thing is, a first is pretty broad in terms of value, our first this year alone is probably worth two first's from teams like Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Dallas or Vegas.

I'll be interested to see what they end up getting for him, OEL got 9oa but they had to take on 12 mil in cap dumps in Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson, not to mention adding another useful player in Garland.

Reactions: hn777

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Freidman on radio "I think Ottawa is up to something here. They have stepped it in regards to trying to get a Dman. They got somebody they are targeting, and they are trying to get it done, and they needed to clear up some cap room. The question is, is it someone who is a rental or with term?"
lol didn't Seravalli say Parayko is Dorion's "white whale". Sounds like it checks out.

Reactions: Dionysus

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Luke Schenn deal is apparently done and just waiting on something.

There were a lot of rumours about the Wild liking him.

Could see Dorion and DJ thirsting after Schenn too but maybe Dumba to OTT is what is holding it up.
Schenn is the most Sens guy ever. After Tyler Myers. Who we Alledgedly already tried to acquire lol

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Schenn is an expiring contract at 850k, our MO is overpaid big, old Dmen.

2 out of three I guess...

3/3 once we overpay to extend him.

Pretty clear that whoever we acquire we'll try to re-sign.

We didn't need to move Zaitsev to fit in a rental for the rest of this year, it was to open up 4.5M in cap space to ensure we have enough to re-sign a defenseman and DeBrincat.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

It's gotta by Chychrun.

Swaps in perfectly for Zaitsev's cap hit, and no other team has seemingly stepped up. I could see Armstrong really targeting Kleven + our 1st, so we better hope Dorion puts some protection on that pick...

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I wouldn't give up this year's first. To me that's not on the table.

I'd imagine we'd try to protect it. If we make the playoffs this year, Arizona gets our '23 first. If we miss, it becomes a '24 1st.

Arizona is in a weird spot. By holding onto him so long, they have less of a chance of getting a lottery pick this year. No team that knows they'll be in the Bedard lottery is trading their pick. But I bet they could've gotten Columbus' 1st back in the summer...

So do they take a very late 1st from a contender like Boston this year, or gamble that Ottawa is going to miss the playoffs again next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00