Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
i doubt anything we do right now has that kind of improvement

bids are coming in now as we speak
That's why I said "marginally". The point was that PD is probably free to make some deals and that he wasn't told to sit back and do nothing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think the more important question is how on earth a team with $500K in cap space fits in a guy with $11.5M AAV?
Any trade will involve retention, so it's more likely about fitting in 9.5

Move out Barrie gets you halfway there. Poolparty makes a big 3 mil dent too, leaving about 3.5 to go after accounting for replacement bodies.

Do they move RNH, Hyman or Kane? Foegle or Yamamoto? Pay a bit more for additional retention? Idk. They also need to worry about their players with NTC, so it might be tough.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Do another updated spreadsheet with Parayko at 6.5M, Hamonic at 2M, Branny at 1.2M, Pinto at 1.5M, Debrincat at 8M and Gauthier at 900K.

Parayko in for JBD and Joseph

Tkachuk Stu Giroux
Debrincat Norris Batherson
Greig Pinto UFA 2M
Crookshank Kastelic Gauthier
Kelly

Chabot Parayko
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Hamonic
Thomson

Forsberg
Sogaard
F- $50.4
Tkachuk 8.2 Norris 7.9 Batherson 5
DeBrincat 8 Stutzle 8.3 Giroux 6.5
1 Greig/Pinto 1.5 1
1 Kastelic 1 1

D- $24.3
Chabot 8 Zub 4.6
Sanderson 1 Parayko 6.5
Brann 1.2 Hamonic 2
? 1

G- $3.75
Forsberg 2.75
Sogaard 1

$50.4
$24.3
$3.75

$ 78.45 million
+ 5 million in dead cap space 23-24 then zero after that.

$83.45 million on an expected cap of $82.5 - 83.5 million.

$6.5 million is the absolute maximum we could pay for that RD, and it requires a little fancy footwork with Joseph and really nailing that ADB contract. There is just no other fat to cut off for next year. Also no room for injuries etc.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
In my opinion Pierre was told by the BOG that this is his team and he’s in control. That as long as there was no significant increase in payroll over the course of the next few seasons there will be no restrictions on his ability to trade as long as Boweness is onboard.

So in theory he could move out salary while increasing cap hit and have the green light to make the trade.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
As long as you understand your wish list is irrelevant if you don’t know what constraints you have…then you definitely have a point.

* all the dead cap space comes off the books after next year. Most of the people posting lineups/salary constraints factor that in (along with the bridge contracts which will be required for Pinto/Sanderson)…so you really don’t even need to do any work. It’s been done for you.
I didn’t say ALL.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
F- $50.4
Tkachuk 8.2 Norris 7.9 Batherson 5
DeBrincat 8 Stutzle 8.3 Giroux 6.5
1 Greig/Pinto 1.5 1
1 Kastelic 1 1

D- $24.3
Chabot 8 Zub 4.6
Sanderson 1 Parayko 6.5
Brann 1.2 Hamonic 2
? 1

G- $3.75
Forsberg 2.75
Sogaard 1

$50.4
$24.3
$3.75

$ 78.45 million
+ 5 million in dead cap space 23-24 then zero after that.

$83.45 million on an expected cap of $82.5 - 83.5 million.

$6.5 million is the absolute maximum we could pay for that RD, and it requires a little fancy footwork with Joseph and really nailing that ADB contract. There is just no other fat to cut off for next year. Also no room for injuries etc.
Okay so my wishlist wasn’t irrelevant? You can fit in 6.5 ? I was told I could not.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
In my opinion Pierre was told by the BOG that this is his team and he’s in control. That as long as there was no significant increase in payroll over the course of the next few seasons there will be no restrictions on his ability to trade as long as Boweness is onboard.

So in theory he could move out salary while increasing cap hit and have the green light to make the trade.
I have a hunch this is accurate. I think PD was given a budget and that probably included signing DeBrincat otherwise they wouldn't have greenlit the that trade.
So, I think the DeBrincat money has likely been approved and doesn't start until next year anyway.
Conversely, PD likely has some room for messing around at the TDL and moving Zaitsev gives him a little more room. I'm not expecting much though.

Reactions: Que

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
This is my line up. I seriously dont think you need to go for a big name dmen to improve this team's defence. I think most improvements can come from within by a coaching change that can implement a proper structure and holds our forwards accountable to playing properly instead of cheating all the time. I believe we have a decent foundation for a good D core and all we need is some complimentary pieces to round them out.

I think its a soft deal to get someone like Soucy or Carlo without having to give up huge assets like you would with Chychrun, and that can compliment both of our star dmen with Sanderson or Chabot.

Screenshot-2023-02-23-120205.png

I have Debrincat at $8.5M because this year cost him some money and don't think he gets close to his qualifying offer.
Pinto at $2.5M is what a 3rd line 35 point RFA usually gets. you can give or take 500K on this depending on length.
With Holden and Hamonic UFAs, I also wanter to bolster the bottom pairing with a guy that has more foot speed and can show they can move up in case of emergency. I wish we got Calvin last season.
Kelly sent down, Crooker can do his job and more.
Gambrell sent to Europe. Kasty is the 4th line future.
Goaltending, I dunno.

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
This is my line up. I seriously dont think you need to go for a big name dmen to improve this team's defence. I think most improvements can come from within by a coaching change that can implement a proper structure and holds our forwards accountable to playing properly instead of cheating all the time. I believe we have a decent foundation for a good D core and all we need is some complimentary pieces to round them out.

I think its a soft deal to get someone like Soucy or Carlo without having to give up huge assets like you would with Chechyrun, and that can compliment both of our star dmen with Sanderson or Chabot.

Screenshot-2023-02-23-120205.png

I have Debrincat at $8.5M because this year cost him some money and don't think he gets close to his qualifying offer.
Pinto at $2.5M is what a 3rd line 35 point RFA usually gets. you can give or take 500K on this depending on length.
With Holden and Hamonic UFAs, I also wanter to bolster the bottom pairing with a guy that has more foot speed and can show they can move up in case of emergency. I wish we got Calvin last season.
Kelly sent down, Crooker can do his job and more.
Gambrell sent to Europe. Kasty is the 4th line future.
Goaltending, I dunno.
Chychrun

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Okay so my wishlist wasn’t irrelevant? You can fit in 6.5 ? I was told I could not.
Haha
Well it’s sort of doable IF the cap goes up at least 1 million, IF we don’t leave any room for injury callups, IF ADB will sign for $8 million, IF pinto can be signed for $1.5.

I didn’t say ALL.
?
I’m saying all. It was more of an FYI. Cheers

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Any trade will involve retention, so it's more likely about fitting in 9.5

Move out Barrie gets you halfway there. Poolparty makes a big 3 mil dent too, leaving about 3.5 to go after accounting for replacement bodies.

Do they move RNH, Hyman or Kane? Foegle or Yamamoto? Pay a bit more for additional retention? Idk. They also need to worry about their players with NTC, so it might be tough.
Hope that capologist is getting paid for the overtime hours running lineup sims for all these scenarios cause that's one complicated mess to sort out.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Luke Schenn deal is apparently done and just waiting on something.

There were a lot of rumours about the Wild liking him.

Could see Dorion and DJ thirsting after Schenn too but maybe Dumba to OTT is what is holding it up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
orlov is on the market

he would be a good UFA pickup in the summer

really good player

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Don't look now, but if we move Chabot in a deal for Karlsson and Joseph in a deal for Chychrun we could fit both under the cap*

*Don't look because our cap next season would be tight and going forward it would be almost unmanageable unless the cap rapidly inflates. Cap jumps large enough to accommodate the moves could happen, but making huge movies that would cripple your cap if it doesn't while hoping it does is quite risky.

Reactions: Que

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Do another updated spreadsheet with Parayko at 6.5M, Hamonic at 2M, Branny at 1.2M, Pinto at 1.5M, Debrincat at 8M and Gauthier at 900K.

Tkachuk Stu Giroux
Greig Pinto UFA 2M
Kelly

Chabot Parayko
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Hamonic
Thomson

Forsberg
Sogaard
OK, can do.

I think that a previous spreadsheet I did was very close to the roster you have just suggested. I think the main differences between your suggestion and that previous spreadsheet was I just had a placeholder RD at $6.0 m and maybe something different than Hamonic. IIRC, I think (?) we were just under cap (maybe $500 k approx.) in that spreadsheet.

Hang on.

Last edited:

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021

Tkachuk Stu Giroux
Greig Pinto UFA 2M
Kelly

Chabot Parayko
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Hamonic
Thomson

Forsberg
Sogaard
Here you go. Note the total of $84,349,880 (over cap ceiling).

1677175459216.png

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
of course Karlsson would waive to go to EDM

playing with Mcdavid would be unreal
I don't disagree, but you'd think more star players would have waived to go to Edmonton over the years if McJesus was that much of a draw.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Frank Seravalli is reporting that Dorion has instructions from the Board not to increase payroll. That makes sense given the pending sale. Therefore, we can park the chatter about swinging big for a high value defenceman - all we can afford is whatever cap space was just vacated by Zaitsev.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I have a hunch this is accurate. I think PD was given a budget and that probably included signing DeBrincat otherwise they wouldn't have greenlit the that trade.
So, I think the DeBrincat money has likely been approved and doesn't start until next year anyway.
Conversely, PD likely has some room for messing around at the TDL and moving Zaitsev gives him a little more room. I'm not expecting much though.
For sure he has a budget and cost projections are in place. As much as some people might think, PD isn’t winging it on the fly.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Frank Seravalli is reporting that Dorion has instructions from the Board not to increase payroll. That makes sense given the pending sale. Therefore, we can park the chatter about swinging big for a high value defenceman - all we can afford is whatever cap space was just vacated by Zaitsev.

So Chychrun then? Lol. Dollars check out.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I beleive ohaneufs is done after next year. I could be wrong. I think next season is the easy year. When Sanderson needs his extension that’s when it gets very hard
I just posted another spreadsheet with all of the Buy Out and Retained Salary numbers that are relevant for next year. It's #3745. You can take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad