Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Dear Pierre Dorian: please don’t trade for anymore has-beens, reclamation projects, or duds with bloated anchor contracts.

Reactions: bicboi64

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well,

Tkachuck, Norris, Stützle Giroux, Batherson, Joseph, Chabot, Zub, Sanderson Forsberg and all our dead cap adds to 60 mil. Bridge Pinto at 2 and sign DeBrincat at 8 and we're at 70 mil. Add 6.5, were at 76.5 for 8 forwards, 4 D and 1 goalie.

5 more forwards 3 more D and a backup goalie to get to 13, 7, and 2 for a 22 man roster.

How do you plan on fitting under an 83.5 cap leaving a bit of room for injuries and such? We need 8 bodies for 7 mil, and that leaves no room for injuries.
Well giroux is due for a massive pay cut or he will be off the books completely in 2 years. Hamonic signed for one more year a cut rate. Joseph likely traded if his play continues. Batherson may be the odd man out.

Shit moves

And also. It ain’t my job to fit 8 bodies for 7 mil.

Dead cap is also coming off the books it doesn’t stay there forever. I can’t tell you exactly when. I believe phaneuf is coming off soon

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Well let me answer a couple Qs.

1. Yes. I DO have an aversion to numbers and any sort of Math.

2. It’s not that wierd it’s a trade forum we offer up trades with no real regard to the cap as we are not employees of the team and there are no consequence to me saying “I want weegar”.

3. Nothing is fixed. Players get traded. Salaries get bought out.

Yeah I think we’re all aware that we can’t just add money and add money and add money and add money and add money.
OK & no worries. Different stokes for different folks.

There's lots of posters in here on a regular basis, so I assume they read posts including posts with roster and salaries (aka spreadsheets). I guess that is the more peculiar part i.e., not taking advantage of the info that is available.

And the dead cap is still on the books for next season with that anticipated $83.5 m cap. They've got to get past the challenge of next year's cap before the organization can take advantage of the buy-out/detained salary that is coming off the books beyond next season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well giroux is due for a massive pay cut or he will be off the books completely in 2 years. Hamonic signed for one more year a cut rate. Joseph likely traded if his play continues. Batherson may be the odd man out.

Shit moves

Dead cap is also coming off the books it doesn’t stay there forever. I can’t tell you exactly when. I believe phaneuf is coming off soon
2 years from now isn't the problem, next year is. We can't fit 6.5 in next year unless we sacrifice something bigger than Joseph.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
FF72EAEB-B953-49A0-B9E1-2AA31DA3D79C.jpeg

:popcorn:

Reactions: gab6511 and Que

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Wow, can't believe you're wasting your scouting talents on a chatroom instead of getting paid for your skills.
Imagine being in the interview of an hfboards poster for a scouting role:

Opens laptop.

As you can see from post #286 in the this thread, I clearly recommended we choose player X at pick #4 in the 2021 draft

Closes laptop

So, when do I start?

Reactions: JD1

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

There's lots of posters in here on a regular basis, so I assume they read posts including posts with roster and salaries (aka spreadsheets). I guess that is the more peculiar part i.e., not taking advantage of the info that is available.
Do another updated spreadsheet with Parayko at 6.5M, Hamonic at 2M, Branny at 1.2M, Pinto at 1.5M, Debrincat at 8M and Gauthier at 900K.

Parayko in for JBD and Joseph

Tkachuk Stu Giroux
Debrincat Norris Batherson
Greig Pinto UFA 2M
Crookshank Kastelic Gauthier
Kelly

Chabot Parayko
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Hamonic
Thomson

Forsberg
Sogaard

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Karlsson sells tickets, creates excitement, is the best of all players available.

Might even raise the price the franchise goes for.

One of the best parts about trading for Karlsson is he instantly plants a seed of doubt in the Boston Bruins.

Something to the effect of ‘not this guy again!?!’

And the most interesting part about the article in regards to Dorion and his ability to change the roster is it’s salary related - not cap related.

Trading someone like Chabot could open up the door to more than one trade.

Wasn't it reported like yesterday that he would waive for the oilers?

Pure speculation from no one really connected is all I could find on that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

And the dead cap is still on the books for next season with that anticipated $83.5 m cap. They've got to get past the challenge of next year's cap before the organization can take advantage of the buy-out/detained salary that is coming off the books beyond next season.
I beleive ohaneufs is done after next year. I could be wrong. I think next season is the easy year. When Sanderson needs his extension that’s when it gets very hard

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
of course Karlsson would waive to go to EDM

playing with Mcdavid would be unreal
What does his wife think about going to Edmonton? not saying he wouldn't waive, but there's more to the decision than who he'd play with.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What does his wife think about going to Edmonton? not saying he wouldn't waive, but there's more to the decision than who he'd play with.
Sure there could be a lot of factors but it seems like an obvious place for a super competitive guy to re-energize his career and play on a good team.

I suspect his options are very very limited if he wants to win cause San Jose is not the place

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

Shit moves

As long as you understand your wish list is irrelevant if you don’t know what constraints you have…then you definitely have a point.

* all the dead cap space comes off the books after next year. Most of the people posting lineups/salary constraints factor that in (along with the bridge contracts which will be required for Pinto/Sanderson)…so you really don’t even need to do any work. It’s been done for you.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad