Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
New thread

Continued from here

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
With our division being insane, and us going through a sale, seems more and more likely that we will stand pat and do nothing until the team gets sold and we eat another top 10 pick in a deep draft whereby we use the off-season to finally shore up the D, new GM and new coach.

Yet the team looks good enough, especially with Norris on brink of return, that with a top 4 D we could very much go on a tear to make things interesting.

Still though, seems more likely we see Hamonic get exposed as a "top 4 D" for the rest of the season.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Silver linings playbook says it’s a great year to be a seller at the deadline. Could get a pretty good return for Talbot, Hamonic and Watson.

Still hoping for a miracle run, but the draft is stacked through the top 10 this year and the top 3 (Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov) are going to be absolute studs.

Reactions: Bileur

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Possibly better than Zaitsev or Holden on 3rd pair.

Makes 3.8M in salary this year and is signed for next season at 1.4M.

If he's picked up it won't be by us.

Silver linings playbook says it’s a great year to be a seller at the deadline. Could get a pretty good return for Talbot, Hamonic and Watson.

Still hoping for a miracle run, but the draft is stacked through the top 10 this year and the top 3 (Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov) are going to be absolute studs.

Could see a 2nd for Talbot, 3rd/4th for Hamonic and Watson.

DeBrincat and Zub could garner quite a bit though if they don't re-sign.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I'd be all for claiming Myers if he was on an expiring contract but he's signed for another year after this. If he doesn't work out his 2.55 million dollar contract could be a problem.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I wouldn't mind taking a chance at Myers. He's 25, RD and is signed for a cheap cap hit next semester.

Not sure if he'd be worse than any of our other options on RD after Zub. An organization like TB couldn't squeeze regular game time out of him, but then again, he's playing behind Sergachev, Cernak, Bogosian and Foote.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Makes 3.8M in salary this year and is signed for next season at 1.4M.

If he's picked up it won't be by us.

Could see a 2nd for Talbot, 3rd/4th for Hamonic and Watson.

DeBrincat and Zub could garner quite a bit though if they don't re-sign.
If Ottawa trades Talbot he'll be the best goalie available. Edmonton, Vancouver, LA, Seattle, Calgary, st Louis, or another dark horse team could be interested.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone traded a 2024 protected 1st for him.

• Wow
Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I will say this, Talbot has looked pretty good the last few games. Thankfully he did step up as it was looking more grim for awhile there.

What is latest news on Forsberg?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Debrincat at the deadline you figure will go to a team that needs PP help on the right side - Pitt and Carolina need PP
Help and RW depth:

Ott: Owen Pickering, 1st 2023
Pitt: Debrincat, Motte

Reactions: bicboi64

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Can I get an explanation on why so many are still viewing Forsberg as our starter this year?

or that Talbot won't be viewed as an extremely solid backup/1B come trade deadline?

the guy is currently 11th in the whole league in GAA and SV% for goalies with more than 5 games.

on the 28th ranked team, that allows the 7th most shots in the league.

if those aren't good numbers I don't know what would be, guy has given us an opportunity to win nearly every game he's started.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Can I get an explanation on why so many are still viewing Forsberg as our starter this year?

or that Talbot won't be viewed as an extremely solid backup/1B come trade deadline?

the guy is currently 11th in the whole league in GAA and SV% for goalies with more than 5 games.

on the 28th ranked team, that allows the 7th most shots in the league.

if those aren't good numbers I don't know what would be, guy has given us an opportunity to win nearly every game he's started.
He's been solid in terms of results but I have to say he makes me nervous. Very late to track pucks at times. Seems like a leader in the dressing room! I think him and Forsberg are very comparable. Whoever is playing better should play. Talbot should fetch quite a bit at the trade deadline. Id like to see Forsberg get back to where he was last year. He moves really well in his net.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be interesting to see what the Sens do at the TDL with their UFAs. Not sure how much these first 4 would garner but I doubt it's much more than late rd picks.

Holden - not sure he would want him at his age, but I doubt he is re-signed
Watson - someone might want his toughness in the playoffs for protected minutes
Motte - is a good defensive forward that someone might want for a playoff run
Brassard - good experienced offensive forward depth for a playoff team

Hamonic - probably belongs in the group above, but Ottawa is having trouble finding someone internally to take his spot. Not sure if any D in the organization is better overall, but I'm hoping for JBD next yr.

Zub - unlike Hamonic nobody in the org is better defensively than Zub & he should be re-signed asap. The defence is weak with him in the lineup & they need at least two upgrades.

Talbot - given the unpredictability of this team & it's goaltending it might not be a bad idea to sign Talbot for another yr although he might want to go to a team that is further ahead that need good goaltending. If he doesn't want to re-sign here than they have to move him at the TDL & get as much as possible, he's been very good this yr.

Reactions: Cosmix

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He has a cap hit of 1.4 mil next season, how's that too much money for a 6/7?

He's also only 25, skates well, hits, there's still some potential there.

I'm talking about his salary for this year. 3.8M is way too much for Myers in 2022/23.

Would be flushing money down the toilet.

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm talking about his salary for this year. 3.8M is way too much for Myers in 2022/23.

Would be flushing money down the toilet.
It would be the cost of evaluating a player with untapped potential, in an area of weakness. he's still owed about 2.5, not 3.8.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'd be all for claiming Myers if he was on an expiring contract but he's signed for another year after this. If he doesn't work out his 2.55 million dollar contract could be a problem.
He also has a 5 million signing bonus next year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It would be the cost of evaluating a player with untapped potential, in an area of weakness. he's still owed about 2.5, not 3.8.

Big cost for a longshot.

There's a reason he's been sent down to the AHL twice in the last two years. Not a lot going on between the ears with him.

Said the same when he was getting massive hype back in junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino