Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If he goes out and trades for a chychrun, weegar level d man and we get a new coach we are absolutely a playoff team for the next 5/6 years at least.

He’s not bailing on any plan. The plan was to draft. And when the time comes to trade for or sign players to help. That’s what’s currently happening. If Mann and his team could draft a d man outside the top 5 to save their life then we wouldn’t be in this predicament.
With what assets?
We’d have to start the year at a 21 man roster. I’ll hold on to my 1% hope we can get Formenton back and give him 1-1.5M on a 1 year deal

Thank you
I think Formenton will be back as long as there is new owensership and Dorion is gone.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
My issue is we'd be going without a first two year in a row, and imo potentially burned of the one prior with the Boucher selection. I feel like our pipeline can't afford to lose this year's first.
With no second they absolutely cannot trade the first. This team has no prospects. Trading it would be asinine.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Going for Chychrun and Vejmelka is something I could see Dorion doing.

Would give us the best chance at jumping into the playoff race and they aren't rentals - both are in their mid-20s and signed for the next couple years. Could sell it to the fanbase as not a pure self-interested move to try to save his own skin.

With Forsberg blowing out his knees and Talbot also dealing with injuries and generally playing like crap in 2023, adding Vejmelka as a 1A/1B starter with Forsberg for next season wouldn't be the worst idea, even if I'm not sold on him being starter quality.

Yotes previously wanted Pinto and that was a no-go for the Sens. Not sure if that's changed with his slightly disappointing play this year, but the talk of the Sens looking for a center is curious. I also wonder if Merilainen's fantastic play in Finland has made Sogaard available. Yotes biggest need is a future in net and maybe he could be the center piece.

It's all very interesting. I'm still thinking Dumba or Schenn are the most likely acquisitions but who knows.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
With what assets?

I think Formenton will be back as long as there is new owensership and Dorion is gone.
Don’t know yet. He’s gotta tell me. But clearly he’s on the phone with them.

The firsts can be done away with personally. That’s just where I’m at on a personal
Level

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
With no second they absolutely cannot trade the first. This team has no prospects. Trading it would be asinine.

The choices are something asinine or trying his hardest in a futile attempt to keep his job. What do you think he chooses?

pierre-dorion-throwing-drink.gif

Assen na yo!

Oct 10, 2010
Going for Chychrun and Vejmelka is something I could see Dorion doing.

Would give us the best chance at jumping into the playoff race and they aren't rentals - both are in their mid-20s and signed for the next couple years. Could sell it to the fanbase as not a pure self-interested move to try to save his own skin.

With Forsberg blowing out his knees and Talbot also dealing with injuries and generally playing like crap in 2023, adding Vejmelka as a 1A/1B starter with Forsberg for next season wouldn't be the worst idea, even if I'm not sold on him being starter quality.

Yotes previously wanted Pinto and that was a no-go for the Sens. Not sure if that's changed with his slightly disappointing play this year, but the talk of the Sens looking for a center is curious. I also wonder if Merilainen's fantastic play in Finland has made Sogaard available. Yotes biggest need is a future in net and maybe he could be the center piece.

It's all very interesting. I'm still thinking Dumba or Schenn are the most likely acquisitions but who knows.
I think I’ll cry if we trade for Dumba, he’s regressed so much we are always too late on players.

Apparently Luke has a decent market, one I don’t wanna play in if the reports are correct.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Our first is probably worth 3 firsts of teams that get into the final 8 playoff teams. I should check the ratings list. :)
I just checked and I was wrong. If we draft at about #10 overall, that pick is worth about 2 draft picks of the last 8 teams in the playoffs (i.e., those picking #24 to #32 in the draft).

Oct 10, 2010
Yep, it's a risk. There's a reason guys like Chychrun, Parayko and others are available and why the RDs you would really want are not.
To be fair, I think Chychrun falls into a little different category since he’s playing for a team that wants to tank badly and knows he won’t re-sign usually players like Chychrun don’t become available too often.

It’s a Coyotes thing.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
@benjiv1 what you saying
Unofficially I think it’s always been Chychrun.

Officially I’ve been told PD has a ton of coals in the fire, and the Zaitsev deal was to ensure he had flexibility ahead of the deadline.

With the sale of the team being so close, BOG have basically asked for any deals pertaining to this season be $ in $ out.

I’m not sure anything is imminent.

Unofficially I think it’s always been Chychrun.

Officially I’ve been told PD has a ton of coals in the fire, and the Zaitsev deal was to ensure he had flexibility ahead of the deadline.

With the sale of the team being so close, BOG have basically asked for any deals pertaining to this season be $ in $ out.

I’m not sure anything is imminent.
Sorry, I didn’t read the thread. Looks like Seravelli touched on this already.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd love a move for Chychrun, Soucy, Parayko or whomever, but at this point ,I just hope Dorion clears out any other extras on the roster that don't have a long term future. Watson, Talbot, etc... move them and get whatever you can. I don't trust him to make a big hockey trade at this point.

Huge no to Dreidger, not at his cap hit for next season.

Reactions: Cosmix

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Would the Sens do Norris for Girard right now? Girard has stepped up his play over the last month showing more of what the Avs saw in the COVID season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad