Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd imagine we'd try to protect it. If we make the playoffs this year, Arizona gets our '23 first. If we miss, it becomes a '24 1st.

Arizona is in a weird spot. By holding onto him so long, they have less of a chance of getting a lottery pick this year. Now that teams know where they are in the standings, no team in the Bedard lottery is trading that pick. Whereas I bet they could've gotten Columbus' 1st back in the summer...

So do you take a very late 1st from a contender like Boston, or gamble that Ottawa is going to miss the playoffs again next year?
My issue is we'd be going without a first two year in a row, and imo potentially burned of the one prior with the Boucher selection. I feel like our pipeline can't afford to lose this year's first.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don't disagree, but you'd think more star players would have waived to go to Edmonton over the years if McJesus was that much of a draw.
Who hasn't waived?

From all accounts Holland has been more passive and with no cap space the previous years. Them making it further in the playoffs last year seemed to have changed a lot. Rumour that Kane is also considering EDM

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
My issue is we'd be going without a first two year in a row, and imo potentially burned of the one prior with the Boucher selection. I feel like our pipeline can't afford to lose this year's first.
Or we have our sights set in another off the bird pick that doesn’t really pan out.

I think this that pic finishes like 10-14. It’s traded on draft day lol. Or close to

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

3 years of a rebuild without a first round pick is pretty harrowing stuff.

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
I agree. But you will have Debrincat, Boucher, and the player the 1st is traded for. They have value.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

It depends. If we make the playoffs, that pick will be 17 or 18.

Is a player taken in that spot going to impact this core's chance to win over the next 3-4 seasons more than Chychrun?

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
It depends. If we make the playoffs, that means the pick will be 17 or 18.

Is a player taken in that spot going to impact this core's chance to win over the next 3-4 seasons more than Chychrun?

Yeah but we aren't making the playoffs.

If we win the cup we'll pick last. Shouldn't be part of the calculus lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Relapsing

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Come on man.

The whole point is you don't want someone thinking you are gay because of something you said. As if being thought of in that way is a bad thing.

Yeah but we aren't making the playoffs.

If we win the cup we'll pick last. Shouldn't be part of the calculus lol.

No but that's why I said you'd protect the pick. If we miss this year, it slides to become a '24 1st round pick.

There's still a risk that we suck again next season, but we're hoping that we make the playoffs and the pick we give up is in the 16-20 range. Either this year or next.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

R2010

May 23, 2011
Not happening at 3.5 cap hit with another year left.

I'd probably do it if I were them. Move Talbot and claim Driedger. He looked really good at WC before he got hurt. 28 years old. Can flip next year if he doesn't work out. We'll be talking about who is our goaltender this summer if we don't.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
No but that's why I said you'd protect the pick. If we miss this year, it slides to become a '24 1st round pick.

There's still a risk that we suck again next season, but we're hoping that we make the playoffs and the pick we give up is in the 16-20 range. Either this year or next.

I guess it depends on the protection.

Even if it's Top 10 protected and we give up an 11 or something that is going to suck. Hell it may only be lottery protected.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
May God have mercy on our souls.
Good thing it's just simmer...

I like Chychrun, but the ask needs to drop for it to make sense imo
I'd probably do it if I were them. Move Talbot and claim Driedger. He looked really good at WC before he got hurt. 28 years old. Can flip next year if he doesn't work out. We'll be talking about who is our goaltender this summer if we don't.
We'd be going into next season with no experienced starter, and 6 mil dedicated to goaltending. I'd rather run with Sogaard than take that risk.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I agree that our pipeline would suffer. However, the trading of the 1st round pick could mean that we upgrade our Ottawa team with a higher quality RD which could turn the team into a playoff team and possibly a SC contender in the next few years.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Seems weird that Zaitsev would have to be dealt separately if that were the case, but a Yotes fan did post something saying a deal with LA fell apart because Arizona wanted compensation added for taking on Walker's contract, so maybe Armstrong isn't willing to take on a bad contract to facilitate a deal like was stated previously.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
1677184688021.gif

And I don’t trust Simmer. Do you really think he even has friends? (JK)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Freidman on radio "I think Ottawa is up to something here. They have stepped it in regards to trying to get a Dman. They got somebody they are targeting, and they are trying to get it done, and they needed to clear up some cap room. The question is, is it someone who is a rental or with term?"
I thought Freidman was an "insider" with inside info. This is all conjecture.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Their ask is pretty high, otherwise it would be done already.

The thing is, a first is pretty broad in terms of value, our first this year alone is probably worth two first's from teams like Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Dallas or Vegas.

I'll be interested to see what they end up getting for him, OEL got 9oa but they had to take on 12 mil in cap dumps in Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson, not to mention adding another useful player in Garland.
Our first is probably worth 3 firsts of teams that get into the final 8 playoff teams. I should check the ratings list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad