Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I could be wrong but for most teams that cap hit is more of a factor then actual salary. If its actual salary then maybe its a 2nd and a 4th since Zaistev makes a bit more.

However if its by cap hit then there are 6 teams right now that can take on zaistev's cap in full and if the price is based off cap hit then it would be double dickinson's at least imo
Teams taking on cap dumps for picks would certainly be more concerned with actual dollars

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Nope.

I think we're more likely to claim Daccord.

Bowers & Kaut, M. Friedman, J. Anderson might draw some interest too.

Zohorna is also another interesting player. 6’6 winger with an offensive touch might be a better option than Watson or Kelly as they haven’t looked that great this camp.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It actually is how it works. He has two rings. He won them.

Murray is a gut transitioning styles that has struggled with his health. His health struggles have been both mental (concussions) and physical

In my mind if he can put his health struggles clearly behind him, he can definitely win a 3rd cup. I certainly hope that won't be for the Leafs.
Karlsson can singlehandedly drag his team to the conference finals. He has proven that

Bobby Ryan can score thirty. He has proven that.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Leaf fans constantly point to Ottawa's "shitty" defense as proof that we really haven't improved as much as we think, but their blueline aside from Rielly ain't exactly all-world either. Giordano was great, but he's 39 now. Sandin could be great, but is still pretty raw. Never mind Mete currently pushing for a regular spot...lol.
they can outscore their defensive issues and their defense is not that bad its probably above average. Add to that their top guys in Matthews and Marner have improved on both sides of the puck so it helps.

the leafs need to improve their defense but their offense is deadly and can cover up a lot of issues. Our offense def does not stack up to that but if we add a chychrun I like our chances

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
they can outscore their defensive issues and their defense is not that bad its probably above average. Add to that their top guys in Matthews and Marner have improved on both sides of the puck so it helps.

the leafs need to improve their defense but their offense is deadly and can cover up a lot of issues. Our offense def does not stack up to that but if we add a chychrun I like our chances
The leafs quietly lost 47 goals off last year’s roster. Their top line is excellent but I like our depth better. Their D is definitely much better than ours when healthy. Goaltending is a wash on paper.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The leafs quietly lost 47 goals off last year’s roster. Their top line is excellent but I like our depth better. Their D is definitely much better than ours when healthy. Goaltending is a wash on paper.
Tavares and nylander are also very very good and would be top line scorers. There is much desired defensively there but they guys will probably be PPG

Also looks like Robertson might be ready to replace some scoring

I’m terms of offense they can outscore a lot of issues

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The lost goals are very quiet. You're right on that.

But I don't know about the D. On paper, sure. But we have a young D that's improving and Sanderson will make an impact. The Leafs are very reliant on a D on the wrong side of 30 and it doesn't take much to lose it. What do the Leafs do if Gio, Brodie and Muzzin all slide a bit? It's actually likely that they do.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The lost goals are very quiet. You're right on that.

But I don't know about the D. On paper, sure. But we have a young D that's improving and Sanderson will make an impact. The Leafs are very reliant on a D on the wrong side of 30 and it doesn't take much to lose it. What do the Leafs do if Gio, Brodie and Muzzin all slide a bit? It's actually likely that they do.

The issue I have isn't with the D specifically but rather team D.

I don't think most fans are necessarily enamored with DJ Smith's system or approach, but we have a number of young forwards playing a lot of minutes and there are going to be some growing pains, not to mention a rookie top 4 D.

I can see this team putting up a lot of goals but also choking away leads and giving up goals in bunches.

It'll be a roller coaster and a sign of a still immature team.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The issue I have isn't with the D specifically but rather team D.

I don't think most fans are necessarily enamored with DJ Smith's system or approach, but we have a number of young forwards playing a lot of minutes and there are going to be some growing pains, not to mention a rookie top 4 D.

I can see this team putting up a lot of goals but also choking away leads and giving up goals in bunches.

It'll be a roller coaster and a sign of a still immature team.
Ya, that's a concern

Flip side. Our F core is maturing and we added some quality pieces. On the D side, I like the slotting better this year than I have in years. I'm also hopeful that DJ learned some things during the world championships

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Shane bowers was probably the most meh 1st round pick in the last decade, if not more. JBD comes a close second for me.

Agreed with Bowers. I had no idea who JBD was when the Sens first made the selection. Pretty sure he was one of those mid second round projection guys who the Sens reached on a bit.

But after watching some of his AJHL clips, I thought he looked really good. Looked like a steady dman with a wicked wrister. Pretty sure he broke some sort of goals record by dmen for his AJHL team.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I wonder if we put a waiver claim in on Giroux's very good friend, Wayne Simmonds.

It would give us a legit enforcer, probably makes Giroux happy and he likely performs better here than he did in Toronto given the Sens identity and style of play.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I wonder if we put a waiver claim in on Giroux's very good friend, Wayne Simmonds.

It would give us a legit enforcer, probably makes Giroux happy and he likely performs better here than he did in Toronto given the Sens identity and style of play.

Is he better than Watson at this point? Probably close, both are likely borderline NHL players. Seems lateral to me. Ideally would have a Chris Neil type player for 4th line W.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

Maybe after he clears.

Senators prefer trades to claims.

See forsberg hamonic gambrell etc

Reactions: NB613

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Is he better than Watson at this point? Probably close, both are likely borderline NHL players. Seems lateral to me. Ideally would have a Chris Neil type player for 4th line W.
Giavani Smith is also on waivers from Detroit. He is only 24 years old and a former 2nd round pick. He is a decent fighter but it doesn't look like his production has been that great at the pro level.

I don't know much about him other than watching some of his fights, but maybe there is some more potential there.

Reactions: Alex1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad