Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If your jumping Marner or Suzuki lol, any of our 4th liners could do that. Simmons’s cannot skate anymore, and was never any good at skating. Leaf fans say he’s useless now. Your basically on an island on this one.
Then so be it dog

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Would love to acquire Daccord off waivers, bring the man home and watch him be our goalie of the future.

Kinda surprising to see Valimaki on waivers. Didn't realize he fell of the Flames depth chart due to injuries

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Daccord cleared already.
Reality was, we didn't have room for him anyways.

Carrying 3 goalies would have been much, with how much money we're already sinking.

Forsberg - Hellberg - Daccord

If Daccord isn't a major improvement over Hellerg/Meri/Mando/Sogaard, pointless to yo-yo him as we'd have wanted to send him down anyways.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Who tf cares about a 4th line enforcer? lol

Going to quote this the next time one of our star players goes down from a dirty play and we do nothing about it.

FWIW, I don't think we need a regular enforcer, but a psychopath from Belleville that's available for callup would be nice, someone more competent at fighting than Sabourin.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I hope we start worrying about having to get a 4th line enforcer after we're a playoff run or two in deep.

Guys like Brady should be able to provide some intimidation and grit for now, but pre-emptively getting goons is some Brian Burke type team building and isn't a receipe for long term or even immediate success.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I hope we start worrying about having to get a 4th line enforcer after we're a playoff run or two in deep.

Guys like Brady should be able to provide some intimidation and grit for now, but pre-emptively getting goons is some Brian Burke type team building and isn't a receipe for long term or even immediate success.
The point is you don't want Brady doing that unless necessary.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Sens don’t need to pickup a fighter. Waste of a roster spot for the least important aspect of hockey.

You reach on these … The Sens may not need to waste a roster spot on a fighter (cause they have the slot filled) but it’s not the least important spot on a NHL roster.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I thought the whole idea was goons would deter things from happening in the first place, why can't Brady be the one acting to deter?
Totally he is. He chose not to kill Dell that night. Was it the right choice? Probably not, but it is what it is.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's not a goon and he's more valuable on the ice than off if he were to be taken off for 5 minutes for fighting.
Sure, we'd miss him in the rare situations where he has to take care of business, in a 5 min Maj he might miss 3 or 4 shifts, thing is we now have the depth up front that we can deal with having Brady miss a couple shifts.

The team is better off going with the pack mentality than going out and getting a guy who only brings value as a fighter. I'd rather have Tkachuk miss three or four shifts to a fighting Maj than have to deal with a guy who'd be in the AHL if not for his fighting abilities for a dozen shifts a game.

Reactions: bicboi64

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You’re right an opposing goalie takes out our best player and we did nothing we beat them in that game and people on this board said it was the sweetest revenge. When we were the best team in the league we also led in line brawls. We were also dirty as shit. We will need to get back to that
Dude…. The guys didn’t know it was a cheap shot at the time.

We’re never going to be as aggressive as back in the day where we had an enforcer on the 4th line, a Neil, a Chara, and an efforcer on D. I miss that dominance as well, but times have changed.

We’re a tough team to play against for todays NHL, you have to have guys that can play and be tough. Gary Roberts and Shannahan, and Tkachuk are todays tough guys.

And the lightning had Maroon x2, the Blues had Maroon, the Caps had Wilson…
Wilson is a top six forward. He’s our Brady.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Dude…. The guys didn’t know it was a cheap shot at the time.

We’re never going to be as aggressive as back in the day where we had an enforcer on the 4th line, a Neil, a Chara, and an efforcer on D. I miss that dominance as well, but times have changed.

We’re a tough team to play against for todays NHL, you have to have guys that can play and be tough. Gary Roberts and Shannahan, and Tkachuk are todays tough guys.

Wilson is a top six forward. He’s our Brady.

Wilson is an awesome asset, a definite top 6 forward, and also an enforcer. I don’t think the definition is limited to 4th line goon.

Reactions: Neiler

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wilson is an awesome asset, a definite top 6 forward, and also an enforcer. I don’t think the definition is limited to 4th line goon.

I agree, but guys in the top six pick and choose a lot more because they are difference makers.

Gone are the days where there was a guy designated to sit in the box for 5, or on the bench.

Neither team wants Brady, nor Wilson sitting in the box for 5. Has to be worth it, kind of thing, and those types are extremely rare to find.

Neil was a unicorn, but guys on the team that can play and fight like Fisher are now the gems.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok... So why can't Brady serve the same enforcer role for us? It's weird, teams apparently are deterred by the Caps having Wilson in their top 6, and we're deterred by Lucic on Bos back in 2009 in their top 6, but when it comes to Ottawa we can't count Brady as a deterrent?

I think we'll be fine with Brady, Watson and Kastelic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice-Tray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: