Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Eric Macrmalla had a nice piece yesterday on in the box quoting a few pieces and discussing how basically no American and most Canadians ever want to play in Canada in any pro sport. He broke it down nicely accounting for the odd UFA CDN signing and RFA Brady type extensions.

Standard reasons argued about here and a few new ones .

Reactions: aragorn

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Eric Macrmalla had a nice piece yesterday on in the box quoting a few pieces and discussing how basically no American and most Canadians ever want to play in Canada in any pro sport. He broke it down nicely accounting for the odd UFA CDN signing and RFA Brady type extensions.

It sucks man, but sadly it’s very true.

Reactions: Sweatred

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

I don't really understand your post. I read the whole thing and it doesn't mention how Formenton sucks even once in it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

So no point in supporting the team financially then? No way they’ll be able to sign tkatchuk and debrincat and Sanderson and they’re building the team around those 3

• Wow
Reactions: Maple Leaf

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Who would everyone’s preference be on

Chychrun Weegar and Marino? Assuming they all have varying degrees of value

I was expecting we target Petry or Myers but it’s nice we’re looking at guys higher profile with a better age range

Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Stutzle norris debrincat all dude for contracts. And Sanderson and potentially another t4 d. Formenton due for a raise. Probably easier to let greig grow into his spot. Will be cheaper for longer
Right now I would gamble on Formenton over Greig especially in that role. Cheaper is an argument but it shouldn't be. Formenton isn't going to be overly expensive.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Stutzle norris debrincat all dude for contracts. And Sanderson and potentially another t4 d. Formenton due for a raise. Probably easier to let greig grow into his spot. Will be cheaper for longer

There isn’t room for Pinto at 3C, Formy, and Greig at 3LW.

Greig is cheaper and projects to be better two way hockey player willing to do what it takes to win games as an elite third liner.

Formy’s all breakaways,
Flybys, and goals
And I suspect he’s looking for lots of $$$.

Joseph’s last contract should be a model for Formy but I bet he snubs his nose at that.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He might be the fastest player in the league, continues to grow his offense and generates a metric ton of 1 on 1 scoring chances. The only reason you trade him is because you got a slam dunk top 4 D in exchange, with term and a nice AAV.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Who would everyone’s preference be on

Chychrun Weegar and Marino? Assuming they all have varying degrees of value

I was expecting we target Petry or Myers but it’s nice we’re looking at guys higher profile with a better age range
Weegar
Chychrun

Marino

Reactions: Liver King

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Giroux still 60/40 to Ottawa. I wonder if that’s why they are desperately trying to move Matt Murray as per Seravelli.
I'm guessing Murray's money is going to Norris. That leaves Formenton, Joseph, Brannstrom + another goalie to add to $58.8M of estimated salary expenditure next year. Another defenseman and Giroux on top of the RFAs takes us close to $80M in real salary. Zaitsev and MDZ recoups another $4.75M if you can dump them straight up without taking any money back (somewhat likely since Zaitsev's bonus is paid). Maybe if Brown is included in the trade for the top 4 D you can swap $4M.

We'll probably end up somewhere in the $72-$74M range in real salary depending on how effectively they can offload some of the dead weight.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Right now I would gamble on Formenton over Greig especially in that role. Cheaper is an argument but it shouldn't be. Formenton isn't going to be overly expensive.
He almost scored 20. Likely going to bridge. I think he will soon started commanding in the 4-5 range.

While we have seemingly started to spend there is still a cap. We take care of the core. Everyone else needs to be expendable. 3rd line RW is not the core. Unless greig explodes he will be expendable too when the time comes.

If formenton is what it takes to shore up a defense pairing. It’s easy for me

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Giroux still 60/40 to Ottawa. I wonder if that’s why they are desperately trying to move Matt Murray as per Seravelli.

Probably part of the reason for sure. I think they also want to add a really solid RD so when they have discussion with Giroux they can show him the fully built out roster. Show's we're committed to competing.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So no point in supporting the team financially then? No way they’ll be able to sign tkatchuk and debrincat and Sanderson and they’re building the team around those 3

You should listen to it … he or I never said “no way” to sign anyone. Just obvious trends.

I’d be shocked if we resign Brady and the Cat.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He might be the fastest player in the league, continues to grow his offense and generates a metric ton of 1 on 1 scoring chances. The only reason you trade him is because you got a slam dunk top 4 D in exchange, with term and a nice AAV.
That’s the essentially the only scenario I am discussing here. I wouldn’t give formenton away for a second or use him to get a team to take Murray.

Reactions: EdSoxFan

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He almost scored 20. Likely going to bridge. I think he will soon started commanding in the 4-5 range.

While we have seemingly started to spend there is still a cap. We take care of the core. Everyone else needs to be expendable. 3rd line RW is not the core. Unless greig explodes he will be expendable too when the time comes.

If formenton is what it takes to shore up a defense pairing. It’s easy for me
Different argument.
I would keep Formenton. We have other options including Greig and Joseph. I am not pushing Formenton if the deal can happen with one of the others.

Reactions: GCK

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That’s the essentially the only scenario I am discussing here. I wouldn’t give formenton away for a second or use him to get a team to take Murray.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting moving Formy for anything but a top dman .

Our defense is brutal, pushing Formy, Greig, or whoever to a 4th line and not addressing the defense would be foolsih. Maybe there’s a way to improve the D for less, but no team is giving away a top 4RD for Sokolov and a second and Pinto and Greig are more valauble than Formy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad