Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We don’t need to pick up a fighter at all. We have Sabs to call up if we have a game we expect to be extremely physical, he can do the fighting if it’s needed, above and beyond the guys who we already have who can drop the gloves. We play teams with Reeves and Lucic and Wilson and we handle ourselves just fine.

The reality is that we don’t see the type of shenanigans we saw in the rookie game and a few preseason games in the regular season much. There is too much at stake to be running around looking looking to cheap shot guys.

Physical player who can play a real role on the team but also drop the gloves? Sure, but since fights rarely happen, being able to play us to be the foremost skill. Kastelic provides that, Ostapchuk and Kleven are two more guys that look to potentially provided that as well.

We don’t need low skill fighters holding down a roster spot in our team in my opinion, and I enjoy the scraps and physical play.

Yes Wayne simmonds is better than watson

Watson can’t fight. He can score?!
10 goals from the 4th line? That’s good production.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Giavani Smith is also on waivers from Detroit. He is only 24 years old and a former 2nd round pick. He is a decent fighter but it doesn't look like his production has been that great at the pro level.

I don't know much about him other than watching some of his fights, but maybe there is some more potential there.
Is he a loose screw? That’s what we need like a real psycho. A true deterrent.

We don’t need to pick up a fighter at all. We have Sabs to call up if we have a game we expect to be extremely physical, he can do the fighting if it’s needed, above and beyond the guys who we already have who can drop the gloves. We play teams with Reeves and Lucic and Wilson and we handle ourselves just fine.

The reality is that we don’t see the type of shenanigans we saw in the rookie game and a few preseason games in the regular season much. There is too much at stake to be running around looking looking to cheap shot guys.

Physical player who can play a real role on the team but also drop the gloves? Sure, but since fights rarely happen, being able to play us to be the foremost skill. Kastelic provides that, Ostapchuk and Kleven are two more guys that look to potentially provided that as well.

We don’t need low skill fighters holding down a roster spot in our team in my opinion, and I enjoy the scraps and physical play.

10 goals from the 4th line? That’s good production.
I don’t think sabourin is a killer

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yes Wayne simmonds is better than watson

Watson can’t fight. He can score?!
Lmao. 10 goals last year, if I recall correctly.
Simmonds doesn’t kill penalties , doesn’t have big block shot numbers., he wouldn’t play here, he wouldn’t have a role.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
True, but we don’t need a killer, since they don’t exist in the NHL anymore.
Reeves is a killer. People are afraid of him. That’s what we need. IMO of course. And not to fight other fighters I don’t care if other teams don’t have an equivalent fighter. It’s to jump the other team when they cheap shot us. A guy who you can be like “mm just drop the mits and start fighting the other teams best player” and he will be like yes coach

Lmao. 10 goals last year, if I recall correctly.
Simmonds doesn’t kill penalties , doesn’t have big block shot numbers., he wouldn’t play here, he wouldn’t have a role.
10 goals is actually pretty impressive. We need a violence on that line more than we need goals tho with debrincat and giroux

Sens don’t need to pickup a fighter. Waste of a roster spot for the least important aspect of hockey.
“A fighter” is underselling what I have in mind.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Reeves is a killer. People are afraid of him. That’s what we need. IMO of course. And not to fight other fighters I don’t care if other teams don’t have an equivalent fighter. It’s to jump the other team when they cheap shot us. A guy who you can be like “mm just drop the mits and start fighting the other teams best player” and he will be like yes coach

10 goals is actually pretty impressive. We need a violence on that line more than we need goals tho with debrincat and giroux

Yes 10 goals by Watson was good for a 4th liner.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I think Kastelic will provide the physical presence and can fight if need be from the 4th line.

Unless you find a unicorn type player who mixes intimidation with ability, no need to scrape the waiver wire for Wayne Simmonds types.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

You want Peter Worrell or Link Gaetz right? Lol.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

The only top 6 player Reeves has fought in his entire career is Evander Kane in 2018-19.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Reeves is a killer. People are afraid of him. That’s what we need. IMO of course. And not to fight other fighters I don’t care if other teams don’t have an equivalent fighter. It’s to jump the other team when they cheap shot us. A guy who you can be like “mm just drop the mits and start fighting the other teams best player” and he will be like yes coach.
Reeves is a guy teams take advantage of when he's on the ice, you don't need Reeves to go after someone who throws a cheap shot, he likely wouldn't be on the ice when it happens anyways

10 goals and not hurting you is pretty good, yeah. I think Watson's role as a willing fighter is less about intimidating the other side and more about de-escalation, when someone does something dirty, and a guy like Watson fights as a result, it allows both sides to feel like it's been dealt with and they can go back to just playing hockey. Most of the time that's enough, and the times it isn't likely are ones where having a Reeves won't change anything because it's boiled over at that point
I think the days of nuclear deterrence are gone, but for the odd game where the other side is icing a Reeves or Wilson having someone other than Brady who can go toe to toe with them, but that guy needs to be able to play a regular shift.

Carkner was pretty good as a third pair sherrif, I wouldn't mind having a guy like that, maybe Kleven can become that though I have zero idea if he can fight. Kastelic might be a fit, he's certainly got the size.

Reactions: bicboi64 and DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-173258_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221009-173258_Samsung Internet.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 2

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

No one is afraid of Reeves. You may have to fight him if you’re huge and do something really dirty, but beyond that he’s not an issue. He isn’t going to fight smaller guys, and he doesn’t play much. Poor choice for a roster spot in my opinion, when a guy like Kastelic is much more effective as a hockey player.

Besides, we already have a guy who will fight anyone in the league in Brady, Watson will take a beating if he has to, and we have a bunch of guys who will stand up for themselves. We have a few more on the way, and that’s all you need.

Nobody drops the gloves and fights the other teams best players, it doesn’t happen unless one of your top guys is a power forward type like Brady or Wilson. We already have one.

Enforcers are gone, thankfully, so now we get fights between actual tough players when needs be, and as I’ve said, we have enough of those on the team and in the pipeline already, along with lighter guys who will drop them as well.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Because fighters don’t fight other teams top players, they fight the other guys like them.
Yeah I would put an end to that. You touch our top guys it’s a gonna be a problem one of your top guys is gonna have to fight a complete psychopath. Hopefully would never have to use it but…. That’s what a deterrent is.

No one is afraid of Reeves. You may have to fight him if you’re huge and do something really dirty, but beyond that he’s not an issue. He isn’t going to fight smaller guys, and he doesn’t play much. Poor choice for a roster spot in my opinion, when a guy like Kastelic is much more effective as a hockey player.

Besides, we already have a guy who will fight anyone in the league in Brady, Watson will take a beating if he has to, and we have a bunch of guys who will stand up for themselves. We have a few more on the way, and that’s all you need.

Nobody drops the gloves and fights the other teams best players, it doesn’t happen unless one of your top guys is a power forward type like Brady or Wilson. We already have one.

Enforcers are gone, thankfully, so now we get fights between actual tough players when needs be, and as I’ve said, we have enough of those on the team and in the pipeline already, along with lighter guys who will drop them as well.
When someone cheap shots our best player I don’t want Watson challenging the other teams 4th line winger to a fight to “settle it”.

Reeves is a guy teams take advantage of when he's on the ice, you don't need Reeves to go after someone who throws a cheap shot, he likely wouldn't be on the ice when it happens anyways

10 goals and not hurting you is pretty good, yeah. I think Watson's role as a willing fighter is less about intimidating the other side and more about de-escalation, when someone does something dirty, and a guy like Watson fights as a result, it allows both sides to feel like it's been dealt with and they can go back to just playing hockey. Most of the time that's enough, and the times it isn't likely are ones where having a Reeves won't change anything because it's boiled over at that point

I think the days of nuclear deterrence are gone, but for the odd game where the other side is icing a Reeves or Wilson having someone other than Brady who can go toe to toe with them, but that guy needs to be able to play a regular shift.

Carkner was pretty good as a third pair sherrif, I wouldn't mind having a guy like that, maybe Kleven can become that though I have zero idea if he can fight. Kastelic might be a fit, he's certainly got the size.
Yeah Carkner legitimately jumped Boyle and beat him while he was down. I liked that. Also Neil and the boys did some dirty stuff at the behest of Bryan Murray. I like that sorta of stuff. I don’t want to see it or even have to use it. But. Sometimes a message needs to be sent that your health is on the line if you try something. Like the health of your teammates. Makes a fourth liner go. Hmm should I take this cheap shot right now or does that mean Suzuki or Marner is going to get jumped the next time they’re out on the ice.

Reactions: Loach

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah I would put an end to that. You touch our top guys it’s a gonna be a problem one of your top guys is gonna have to fight a complete psychopath. Hopefully would never have to use it but…. That’s what a deterrent is.

When someone cheap shots our best player I don’t want Watson challenging the other teams 4th line winger to a fight to “settle it”.

Yeah Carkner legitimately jumped Boyle and beat him while he was down. I liked that. Also Neil and the boys did some dirty stuff at the behest of Bryan Murray. I like that sorta of stuff. I don’t want to see it or even have to use it. But. Sometimes a message needs to be sent that your health is on the line if you try something. Like the health of your teammates. Makes a fourth liner go. Hmm should I take this cheap shot right now or does that mean Suzuki or Marner is going to get jumped the next time they’re out on the ice.
The NHL doesn’t work like that, and will never work like that. There’s a reason Reeves doesn’t tune up the better players and only fights guys like Sabourin, Maroon and MacDermid

It’s not a new thought, it just doesn’t happen because it’s not smart, nor do players want to do that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The NHL doesn’t work like that, and will never work like that. There’s a reason Reeves doesn’t tune up the better players and only fights guys like Sabourin, Maroon and MacDermid.
You’re right an opposing goalie takes out our best player and we did nothing we beat them in that game and people on this board said it was the sweetest revenge. When we were the best team in the league we also led in line brawls. We were also dirty as shit. We will need to get back to that

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

If your jumping Marner or Suzuki lol, any of our 4th liners could do that. Simmons’s cannot skate anymore, and was never any good at skating. Leaf fans say he’s useless now. Your basically on an island on this one.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You’re right an opposing goalie takes out our best player and we did nothing we beat them in that game and people on this board said it was the sweetest revenge. When we were the best team in the league we also led in line brawls. We were also dirty as shit. We will need to get back to that
We definitely remember things differently

Reactions: Dionysus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad