Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well I doubt Brady continues to lead the team in scoring, Batherson was pacing at a better clip, Norris at the same clip, Stützle is progressing at a rate where you'd expect him to surpass him this year, DeBrincat and Giroux have both been added to the team as well. Tkachuk could very easily finish behind all of them.

A guy like Wilson fights what, a half dozen times a year, even that most frequent fighters only hit around a dozen. That fighting Maj would cost Tkachuk 3-4 shifts in a game, not a big deal, and he's going to fight regardless, it's in his nature and a byproduct of the way he plays.

Sure, but the point was he still is the one acting as a deterrent for Washington, teams know if they do cross the line, he'll step up, you just don't want him doing the pointless fights.

I think it's more than a good start personally. If we add a Dman that can play and also happens to be a good scrapper great, but I don't see the need to go out and seek one, maybe that changes if we don't extend Watson.
I don't want Brady fighting as he is more valuable with healthy hands scoring goals. Watson has not displayed any significant enforcer value to me. Kastelic is still a bit of an unknown. I still want a big tough enforcer who can skate on the 4th line and not be a defensive liability.

Chabot won't put up 50+ points again. He won't, can't, isn't allowed to shoot on the powerplay. It's frustrating as hell watching him with the puck on the point.
Chabot's offence seems to have declined. Hopefully it starts to improve.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Chabot won't put up 50+ points again. He won't, can't, isn't allowed to shoot on the powerplay. It's frustrating as hell watching him with the puck on the point.

Chabot's offence seems to have declined. Hopefully it starts to improve.

Huh? He on pace for 50+ points in 3 of the last 4 seasons. With extremely poor support cast.

He has clearly been the most shadowed player on our team, even on the PP (until recently with Norris shot).

Very perplexing posts. Never doubt Chabot. This season expect ~60 points from him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I mean, he was on pace for over 50 last year and the year before, are you just saying he can't stay healthy?

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I mean, he was on pace for over 50 last year and the year before, are you just saying he can't stay healthy?
He will be Redden but better offense, less defence. 40 point seasons across the board. Don't think he will break out with three 50 - 60 point seasons at this point. He's a really good player. He's a really good defenceman. But that type of point production probably won't happen. I think with minutes being spread out amongst the defence more this year and years coming he will settle in around 45 pts average.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He will be Redden but better offense, less defence. 40 point seasons across the board. Don't think he will break out with three 50 - 60 point seasons at this point. He's a really good player. He's a really good defenceman. But that type of point production probably won't happen. I think with minutes being spread out amongst the defence more this year and years coming he will settle in around 45 pts average.
Spreading out the mins means he's fresher in the mins he does play, 30 mins a night takes it's toll on you, and with a much deeper team that looks like it will have three lines that can score instead of just one, he will be in a better situation than last year by a lot.

It's also worth considering that a deeper team means it's tougher for the opposition to match defensive units against your offensive guys. That should help Chabot as well.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
shots from the point have basically been eliminated from the NHL. Slap shots are almost obsolete.

Chabot will get 50+ points this year guaranteed. Ottawa is going to score and PP will be one of the best in the NHL. They’ll have the puck a lot.

I think he’ll score like 15 goal this year. He’s a great finisher and with the garbage that’ll be available from scrambles he’s going to have a career year

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The year he scored 55 points, he had 1 PPG. Adam Fox and Quinn Hughes combined for a total of 0 PPG goals last season. They both have 3PPG in their career . This Chabot powerplay thing is being completely overblown.

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
shots from the point have basically been eliminated from the NHL. Slap shots are almost obsolete.

Chabot will get 50+ points this year guaranteed. Ottawa is going to score and PP will be one of the best in the NHL. They’ll have the puck a lot.

I think he’ll score like 15 goal this year. He’s a great finisher and with the garbage that’ll be available from scrambles he’s going to have a career year
Shots from the point are eliminated?...oookkkk.
Great finisher and garbage goals? ....he plays Defence!

Are you ok?

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewEra

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Well the most obvious reason you don’t want Brady to be your main “deterrent” is that Brady has been our leading scorer each of the past two seasons while Wilson is usually far lower on the scoring depth chart for Washington.
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Brady is even top 5 for points with us.

I expect Stu, Batherson, Norris, DeBrincat, and either Chabot or Giroux to finish with more points than him. Brady was our leading point scorer for a while due to injuries and us having bottom dweller rosters. I love Brady, he's a physical beast who will help win tough match ups, but him being on the ice with his style of play will invite fights that'll he'll have to answer to.

Reactions: Agent Zub

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Brady hasn’t had to do a lot of fighting beyond what he chooses to.

Rarely has he had to answer for anything, his fights are typically after things heat up with a specific player, or he’s coming to Norris’s defence.

It will be interesting to see how much scoring is spread out around the team, and if Norris and Stu end up switching again.

I’ll say this though, we look like we could have 6-7 20 goals scorers again.

Reactions: Cosmix and Bileur

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I expect Stu, Batherson, Norris, DeBrincat, and either Chabot or Giroux to finish with more points than him. Brady was our leading point scorer for a while due to injuries and us having bottom dweller rosters. I love Brady, he's a physical beast who will help win tough match ups, but him being on the ice with his style of play will invite fights that'll he'll have to answer to.

I think he’s vastly underrated because his production isn’t flashy.

30-37-67 in 79 with his main linemates missing significant time, the hand/wrist issue, the crazy covid season and decimated team at times, no training camp, in his 22 year old season was a tremendous season.

He hasn’t reached his peak IMO.

Lots of the guys you mentioned will have good seasons. I hope they all do. A lot will depend on opportunity and PP usage and I see DJ giving Brady every opportunity to succeed.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think he’s vastly underrated because his production isn’t flashy.

30-37-67 in 79 with his main linemates missing significant time, the hand/wrist issue, the crazy covid season and decimated team at times, no training camp, in his 22 year old season was a tremendous season.

He hasn’t reached his peak IMO.

Lots of the guys you mentioned will have good seasons. I hope they all do. A lot will depend on opportunity and PP usage and I see DJ giving Brady every opportunity to succeed.
May we always have fun discussions about where our top 6 will rank in terms of production. These are fun discussions to be had going forward!

Reactions: Bileur

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Brady is not top 5 for us. If he's healthy and not top 5, we'll have a very good year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad