Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Keller would be cheaper in both assets and cap hit

Two trade ideas.

1) C. Brown + Tampas 2nd for Poolparty + Edmontons 1st

2) 7th+ 29th (EDM) + Greig + a cap dump since they need to hit the floor, either White, Zaitsev or Murray for Keller

Tkachuk/Norris/Batherson
Keller/Stutzle/Poolparty
Formenton/Pinto/Joseph
I dont care about the 4th line.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Two trade ideas.

2) 7th+ 29th (EDM) + Greig + a cap dump since they need to hit the floor, either White, Zaitsev or Murray for Keller

Tkachuk/Norris/Batherson
Keller/Stutzle/Poolparty
Formenton/Pinto/Joseph
Must we always trade Greig? It makes me sad inside.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I just worry Norris reverts to an NHL average shooting %, scoring on over 1/5 of your shots would be unbelievably great for the Sens, but I don’t think it’s a long term realistic outlook on his goal scoring ability.
Norris has an above average shot, so I'd expect him to stay higher than average, but I do think he'll come down in that regard. He just needs to mitigate that by creating more chances, which should happen given his age and the overall impact of a team on the rise. .

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
gotta give to get
I know shit about Keller. He's young and just had a good season, but...is he that good?

Norris has an above average shot, so I'd expect him to stay higher than average, but I do think he'll come down in that regard. He just needs to mitigate that by creating more chances, which should happen given his age and the overall impact of a team on the rise. .
I noticed he doesn't create as much 5 on 5, maybe I'm wrong, I'm not an advanced stats guy yet. When that starts to come, I think it'll start to even out. Such a great shot, probably good for minimum of 30 per year.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Two trade ideas.

Tkachuk/Norris/Batherson
Keller/Stutzle/Poolparty
Formenton/Pinto/Joseph

I love Greig, He is skilled and you literally can't teach the way he plays the game.

but we have so many picks, so many prospects, and we haven't played meaningful hockey in 5 years. We need to start converting our future capital into legit players who can move the needle instead of relying on potential.

we can handle doing an overpay like this.

just wish it was the 10 pick we converted into Keller instead of taking Boucher and the value tanking. and didn't even have to be Keller, so many teams would have given up a good piece for a 10 pick.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The only real tough endeavour for Dorion should be to acquire a top 4 RD and perhaps extending Zub.

Buying out White is no brainer.
Re-signing Norris is a no brainer and won’t be too difficult.
Trading Brown should be very straight forward for a protected 1st +
Acquiring a top 6 forward should be really straightforward due to the plethora of options available. At worst we should be looking at Burakovsky.
Trading Zaitsev with sweeter should be straightforward with sweeters as we see this type of move done every summer.

With Melnyk gone and better hockey minds around him with a bright future (arena and players), it should be a busy offseason, but one that isn’t completely perplexing to a legit hockey professional.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
xxxxxx-Stutzle-xxxxxxx
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-xxxxx-Watson

Chabot-Hamonic
Sanderson-Zub
Holden-Brannstrom
MDZ

In theory, the defence has “less holes”, but to be serious contenders for playoffs, we need to bring in a top 4 and notch down Hamonic.

Zaitsev+2nd+3rd for Petry retained 25% I can see.

You can start by putting Zub with Chabot to fill said holes, then we'll talk.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Brannstrom
Holden - Hamonic
MDZ

But yeah, we still need a top-4 D to push everyone down a notch. Just don't think Hamonic should be anywhere near the top line even without making any moves.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I know shit about Keller. He's young and just had a good season, but...is he that good?

Yes very very good player only downside is he is not available and trading for him is wishful thinking .

Obvs im not in the know but there are no legit rumours around Keller being moved good caphit signed long term . 60-70pt top 6 forward

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Two trade ideas.

Tkachuk/Norris/Batherson
Keller/Stutzle/Poolparty
Formenton/Pinto/Joseph

That‘s a bit much, but I do agree Keller should be our main focus. Greig is highly, highly viewed by the team. He isn’t moving.

Oilers: Brown
Senators: Keller
Arizona: 7th overall, 29th overall, Pulijarvi, 3rd, JBD/Thomson/Brannstrom

Sign Giroux
Buyout white
Zaitsev + 2nd+ prospect for Petry retained
LTIR Murray

Tkachuk-Norris-Keller
Giroux-Stutzle-Batherson

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yes very very good player only downside is he is not available and trading for him is wishful thinking .

Obvs im not in the know but there are no legit rumours around Keller being moved good caphit signed long term . 60-70pt top 6 forward
Yeah, his stats are there for sure. Not sure how his name keeps coming up. Probably because Arizona is in a perpetual state of flux?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
But why are people still arguing about Fiala when clearly we won’t get him. Doesn’t it make this whole thing useless

No one is arguing about getting him, people are just disappointed we missed out on yet another good player we were in on but ultimately lost out to another team. And if it's true we just didn't want to pay him what he got in LA, it makes it all the more disappointing.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I don’t care what analytics say, I’ve spent the year watching 80+ Oilers game this year. Puljujarvi’s stick is a graveyard for plays to die on.

He has jam and works hard, but he isn’t the type of player I would go for. You want to see a frustrated Stützle sending stretch passes to a play to fumble the puck or Stützle sending cross seam passes to a player whiffing on the puck Jesse is for you.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Ottawa could use someone competent on their PP2 unit.

No way Phil would want to come to Ottawa however.
Honestly he looked bad last year, I watched a bunch of games and he just doesn't shoot anymore but he is a hell of a passer from what I saw. He just is really slow now not that he was the fastest before but you can see he has lost a step. I just don't see him being a legit top 6 option I think if we got him we'd be trying to find a fit for him. This team is in desperate need of a legitimate top 6 player(s) if we want to move forward. I think with the addition of Pinto it will help and getting Joseph back who looked good before he got injured. I'd like us to land at least one bona-fide offensive threat, sucks we whiffed on Fiala I think he would have been a good fit but such is life.

I don’t care what analytics say, I’ve spent the year watching 80+ Oilers game this year. Puljujarvi’s stick is a graveyard for plays to die on.

He has jam and works hard, but he isn’t the type of player I would go for. You want to see a frustrated Stützle sending stretch passes to a play to fumble the puck or Stützle sending cross seam passes to a player whiffing on the puck Jesse is for you.
If analytics paint him in a good picture it's bullshit. I watched so much Oilers since I was constantly betting on them and jamming them in all my DFS lineups all year long. Poolparty sucks, so many plays so many times just die on that stick I don't know if he doesn't think on that level or just isn't good enough but adding another offensive black hole to the Senators is the last thing they need.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Honestly he looked bad last year, I watched a bunch of games and he just doesn't shoot anymore but he is a hell of a passer from what I saw. He just is really slow now not that he was the fastest before but you can see he has lost a step. I just don't see him being a legit top 6 option I think if we got him we'd be trying to find a fit for him. This team is in desperate need of a legitimate top 6 player(s) if we want to move forward. I think with the addition of Pinto it will help and getting Joseph back who looked good before he got injured. I'd like us to land at least one bona-fide offensive threat, sucks we whiffed on Fiala I think he would have been a good fit but such is life.
I think Kessel is an interesting case - he was clearly coasting last season and didn't look engaged for the most part - but he was on a losing Arizona team and had 2 new teammates every month. However under the right circumstance - I think he can still be a capable NHLer and could be a mentor. If he were to get middle-6 minutes and PP time I think he could be a valuable piece for a team.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Kessel's lack of defensive play might screw over our defenders (especially guys still developing like Sanderson).

I was looking at Arizona's capfriendly, they desperately need NHL players lol. They literally have 16 players signed for this year, half on elc's

If we can just offer warm bodies that aren't costly, I feel like we can get someone like Keller off them.

White, Zaitsev, and the 7th to start the convo

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I mean he has an above average one timer from That specific spot sure. But that can be stopped. At even strength he rarely just cleanly beats goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad