Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursamajor25

Aug 1, 2020
We can get Poolparty but what the crap are we going to do with Kassian which I can only guess will be part of the deal, maybe send Matt Murray to Edmonton with some retention.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We can get Poolparty but what the crap are we going to do with Kassian which I can only guess will be part of the deal, maybe send Matt Murray to Edmonton with some retention.
If we take Kassian, we can swap tampas 2nd for the oilers 1st and get another first round pick which we can use to with the 7th to get Keller.

This is my head canon.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If we take Kassian, we can swap tampas 2nd for the oilers 1st and get another first round pick which we can use to with the 7th to get Keller.

This is my head canon.

If the Oil offer their first rounder, I'd be all over that.

If anything, I'd be looking to shop Kassian asap. Don't think our organization would be healthy for someone who's recovered from addiction issues and Kassian is too slow to be good at hockey. I'd hope Dorion looks into getting rid of MDZ by including him in the package. Oil might bite, especially if they are looking to move Barrie and still want a puck moving defender on the roster.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If the Oil offer their first rounder, I'd be all over that.

If anything, I'd be looking to shop Kassian asap. Don't think our organization would be healthy for someone who's recovered from addiction issues and Kassian is too slow to be good at hockey. I'd hope Dorion looks into getting rid of MDZ by including him in the package. Oil might bite, especially if they are looking to move Barrie and still want a puck moving defender on the roster.
Watty is doing great here.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It doesn't look like we have learned a lot from the last 10-15 years

Ottawa is a micro market, there's no hype for prospects here. Think about how guys like Karlsson, Stone, Batherson, Norris, etc were perceived as prospects. Now just imagine how high people would have been on them if they were drafted by Toronto, Montreal or the New York Rangers

lol I think there was more hype for Ryan freaking Poehling than any of them

Trading Shane Pinto or Ridly Greig as "first round type prospects" would be a huge mistake. With Jake Sanderson, that's 3 skater prospects you've gotta be extremely careful with (Sogaard would be another one)

Same story as when Chabot, Batherson, Norris were prospects. Just not worth it to trade them because they'll reach much higher value in the near future.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Ottawa is a micro market, there's no hype for prospects here. Think about how guys like Karlsson, Stone, Batherson, Norris, etc were seen as prospects. Now just imagine how high people would have been on them if they were drafted by Toronto, Montreal or the New York Rangers

Trading Shane Pinto or Ridly Greig as "first round type prospects" would be a huge mistake.
Boucher
Shane Bowers
Logan Brown
Colin White
Curtis Lazar
Noesen
Puempel

We have had misses with first rounders that we thought would be studs too.
I am okay giving Greig up in a trade if it means getting someone that fits the mold and slides right in with the core so they can all develop together.

We have Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Stutzle, Chabot, Sanderson, Pinto, that are all close in age and will peak at the same time.
A player like Keller (who I am gunning for) is perfect now, Greig is 3 years away.

Reactions: bicboi64

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Ottawa is a micro market, there's no hype for prospects here. Think about how guys like Karlsson, Stone, Batherson, Norris, etc were perceived as prospects. Now just imagine how high people would have been on them if they were drafted by Toronto, Montreal or the New York Rangers

Trading Shane Pinto or Ridly Greig as "first round type prospects" would be a huge mistake. With Jake Sanderson, that's 3 skater prospects you've gotta be extremely careful with (Sogaard would be another one)

Same story as when Chabot, Batherson, Norris were prospects. Just not worth it to trade them because they'll reach much higher value in the near future.
There was definitely hype for Stone & Chabot after the WJC.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Friedman says Toronto was (is???) rumored to have/ had interest in Matt Murray! On the latest 32 Thoughts Podcast. He doesn't think it's in the cards, but believes there was at least internal discussion in TO. Ties between Dubas and Murray...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Friedman says Toronto was (is???) rumored to have/ had interest in Matt Murray! On the latest 32 Thoughts Podcast. He doesn't think it's in the cards, but believes there was at least internal discussion in TO. Ties between Dubas and Murray...
Makes me nervous. I don’t think I’ll survive him beating us in the playoffs

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This notion that defences will catch up to Norris on the PP is misguided giving all the other weapons on the PP. Tkachuk owns the front of the net, Stutzle owns the perimeter, Batherson works behind the red line & with Chabot on the blue line, they have five different weapons that can all score from anywhere on the ice.

Given what we have seen from Pinto, he is another guy with a great shot who could be on the oppositie side of Norris making the same play with a wicked slap shot of his own. They should have enough weapons soon to put together two very good PPs. Their problem has been keeping pucks out of their net, not scoring goals, that they are good at & still getting better.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Boucher
Shane Bowers
Logan Brown
Colin White
Curtis Lazar
Noesen
Puempel

We have had misses with first rounders that we thought would be studs too.
I am okay giving Greig up in a trade if it means getting someone that fits the mold and slides right in with the core so they can all develop together.

We have Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Stutzle, Chabot, Sanderson, Pinto, that are all close in age and will peak at the same time.
A player like Keller (who I am gunning for) is perfect now, Greig is 3 years away.

None of these guys have had a lot of hype and recognition outside of the Sens fanbase.

Note that I am talking about hype OUTSIDE of this board, outside of the Sens fanbase... but usually the hype is of course influenced by one's fanbase. Habs and Leafs fanbase are several times bigger than the Sens fanbase and they have a lot more "fanatics" and "hardcore fans"

For example, Caufield's Young Guns rookie card sells 4-5 times higher than Josh Norris. Josh has a lot more size, plays a much more complete game, is infinitely better defensively, plays the more important position (even good on face-offs) and even has a higher G/GP in the NHL which is Caufield best quality by far.

Don't worry, I'd really like to acquire a player like Clayton Keller and yes you have to give to get but you also have to be extremely careful of what you give. Bobby Ryan was only 2 years older when we got him and he already had four 30+ goals seasons. Keller has none. The difference between a good GM and a guy like Dorion is this : we gave a relatively "safer" package to get Ryan. Silfverberg was a good prospect but with the right foresight, he was a good middle six winger or 2nd liner at his peak. Noesen was a former 1st round pick but had major injuries in key developmental years, also not risky. The first round pick ended up higher than expected/desired but that draft class was not the riskiest (and the Ducks didn't get a very good player)

Now look what we did to get Brassard or Duchene and how it ended up blowing up in our face.

So now think about what has been proposed (Greig + 7th OA for Kakko or Greig + 7th OA + for Keller) and how it could blow up in our face easily.

Imagine that Ridly Greig ends up as a Jaden Schwartz type player with more nastiness and that 7th OA pick ends up as a pretty damn good player. There is definitely an opportunity to get a star player at that spot in every draft. Keller himself was a 7th OA pick.

Greig ended up in TSN prospect list at 18th OA for a reason. He is a much better prospect than people think. Giving him on top of a 7th overall pick makes him very uncomfortable.

There was definitely hype for Stone & Chabot after the WJC.

Read above. But I agree that Sens prospects who made their mark with Team Canada had a lot more hype than others

Reactions: aragorn and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This notion that defences will catch up to Norris on the PP is misguided giving all the other weapons on the PP. Tkachuk owns the front of the net, Stutzle owns the perimeter, Batherson works the behind the red line & with Chabot on the blue line, they have five different weapons that can all score from anywhere on the ice.

Given what we have seen from Pinto, he is another guy with a great shot who could be on the oppositie side of Norris making the same play with a wicked slap shot. They should have enough weapons soon to put together two very good PPs. Their problem has been keeping pucks out of their net, not scoring goals, that they are good at & still getting better.
We could definitely use 1 or 2 more top 6 forwards with speed and puck handling capabilities.

Reactions: Sensators and NB613

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Lazar could be an interesting add, depending on cost. He could play 4C this year and then replace Watson as 4RW in 2023-2024 with Kastelic moving in as full-time 4C.

Plays the way we try to play and has developed into a good 4th liner, maybe even a 3rd liner in spot duty.
I used to think Puljuarvi had some untapped potential (and he may still). But as of now, he's just Zach Sanford...maybe slightly better hands. He's a big body that would be fine on the 3rd line but that's about it.
Drives the play way better than Sanford. Better playmaking skills. Better defensive results.

I think he can be closer to Nichushkin (not saying he can be that good, mind you) than Sanford.

I think he's a guy you bring in to replace (downgrade) on C. Brown if you move him... with the caveat that a top 6 add is still needed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lazar could be an interesting add, depending on cost. He could play 4C this year and then replace Watson as 4RW in 2023-2024 with Kastelic moving in as full-time 4C.

Plays the way we try to play and has developed into a good 4th liner, maybe even a 3rd liner in spot duty.

Drives the play way better than Sanford. Better playmaking skills. Better defensive results.

I think he can be closer to Nichushkin (not saying he can be that good, mind you) than Sanford.

I think he's a guy you bring in to replace (downgrade) on C. Brown if you move him... with the caveat that a top 6 add is still needed.
I like lazar. Needs to play in Ottawa again.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
TIL hockey cards are still a thing....I just assumed they died out in the 90s.
The hockey cards from the 90s have no value because of mass printing. Hockey cards today and hockey cards before the 90s have value. They however are no NBA cards which have shot up an astronomical amount due to Chinese money buying them at heavily inflated prices so they can move money out of the Chinese banking system, a lot like Canadian real estate. If China money enters the NHL card market it would make a lot of people rich.

Reactions: NB613 and Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad