Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If we were to acquire Puljujarvi, it's to play on the second line.

I'm all for taking a gamble on him. Puljujarvi looks lost playing with two of the best forwards in the league who have speed to burn. Not being able to keep up with them, yet being sound defensively isn't easy. Could be a good buy low movement, especially if it only costs us a 2nd. Take into account we've wasted 2nd rounders on much worse players in the past.

JP is a 24 year old, 6ft4, 200 pound forward who is still developing, and has scored at a 45 point pace. He's 6th in ice time on the Oilers and 9th in the playoffs. I absolutely hope Dorion goes after him, not to mention the price ought to be cheaper considering the Oil's cap issues

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If we were to acquire Puljujarvi, it's to play on the second line.

I'm all for taking a gamble on him. Puljujarvi looks lost playing with two of the best forwards in the league who have speed to burn. Not being able to keep up with them, yet being sound defensively isn't easy. Could be a good buy low movement, especially if it only costs us a 2nd. Take into account we've wasted 2nd rounders on much worse players in the past.

JP is a 24 year old, 6ft4, 200 pound forward who is still developing, and has scored at a 45 point pace. He's 6th in ice time on the Oilers and 9th in the playoffs. I absolutely hope Dorion goes after him, not to mention the price ought to be cheaper considering the Oil's cap issues
He could play on any line …

• Haha
Reactions: guyzeur

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully the Canucks re-signing Boeser means Garland becomes available.

Could see something based around the 7th+ for 15th + Garland.

Reactions: Crosside

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
How about Brown, a low level prospect and 39 for Garland and 15 instead?

I really like Garland but 7th way to valuable.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
lol we're so desperate for something to go our way

gotta give to get

On top of a 7th OA pick, we would end up losing that trade big time, which has been a Dorion specialty

We have well enough valuable assets to not give any of the Hateful Eight™ (Chabot, Sanderson, Stutzle, Batherson, Norris, Tkachuk, Pinto , Greig)

7th OA pick
2nd and 3rd round picks
Erik Brannstrom
Connor Brown
Lassi Thomson/JBD
Roby Jarventie/Egor Sokolov/etc
Filip Gustavsson

just wish it was the 10 pick we converted into Keller instead of taking Boucher and the value tanking. and didn't even have to be Keller, so many teams would have given up a good piece for a 10 pick.

The fact that we decided to reach like 20 spots at 10th OA instead of trading the pick for a guy who could us help NOW as we need to take a significant step forward yesterday is... mesmerizing

You really can't make up things like that

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What about an overpay for Kakko? 7th + 2nd + a prospect they like or something.

NYR will soon be hitting cap troubles too and perhaps they are okay getting futures for him.

Reactions: Sweatred

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Garland is a no-go for me.

Just way too small to have any sort of impact come playoff time.

JG Pageau has two playoff hattricks and was consistently one of our better playoff players.

Garland is more skilled and just as tenacious. Lot's of small players who would find higher checking tough. I'm not sure if Garland is one of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laphroaig

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I know this is an unpopular opinion - but i’d trade one of Greig or Pinto to get Kakko

I don't think I would do Pinto, he's basically a roster player. 7th + Greig? that hurts but I think i do it too.

It's funny some people were saying they were down on Kakko's post season but all I saw was insane playoff upside.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd be open to acquiring Garland, but not if we're giving up prime assets (first round picks or former first rounders). Vancouver is in a win now mode and has a short 2-3 year window, they need cap space and we ought to take advantage of that. Aquilini is cheap, see if they bite on Zaitsev, Nucks get a bit of cap savings and his deal finishes at the same time some of their players need new contracts, and they don't have to pay higher salaries than caphits.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don’t mind getting poolparty as the 3rd member of the 2nd line but he shouldn’t be the only guy we add into the top 6. We need a legit proven player

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Let's say NYR offers us Braden Schneider for Pinto.

Yay or nay?
We'd be screwing over Pinto by doing that. NYR doesn't know what to do with young developing players on offense.

As much as I like Schneider, I'd like some more NHL ready and experienced help on D if we're moving Pinto

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
If Puljujarvi comes here, it better not be anything higher than a 3rd. I would rather not have him here at all personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille