Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Please trade bran in a package while he still has decent value for a legit top 6 winger. Desperately need a player like giroux to fill some missing holes.

Brady Norris Bath
Giroux Stu (traded player)
Form Pinto Brown
Watson White Joseph

Chab Zub
Ham Sandy
Holden Thom
Zai

Fors
Murray

Kelly Kastellic and JBD call ups

You can move brown/Joseph up to replace an Injury in top6 wing and all centers can move up one spot if there is an injury at C.

Decent depth for an up and coming team, it's just who is the top 6 winger we get and if don't get giroux our depth becomes thin and players yet again play where they shouldnt

Reactions: Sun God Nika

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I’m quite hopeful the Giroux talk is solid and he wants to end his career at home.
What are the thoughts on a guy like Forsberg. He only 27 and a Forsberg - Stutzle - Giroux line would be really interesting. Give Forsberg the elite centre he’s never had plus the veteran presence of a future HoFer. And would not cost us picks and prospects.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I’m quite hopeful the Giroux talk is solid and he wants to end his career at home.
What are the thoughts on a guy like Forsberg. He only 27 and a Forsberg - Stutzle - Giroux line would be really interesting. Give Forsberg the elite centre he’s never had plus the veteran presence of a future HoFer. And would not cost us picks and prospects.
Forsberg is a good all around player with natural scoring abilities so I would love to add him to our team.

His age fits well too but for all of those reasons he won't be coming here...

Reactions: NB613

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I feel like Forsberg might not be worth his potential $9 million dollar salary. A lot of his career highs this year can be attributed to Josi having a historic season. I'd still make an offer for him. 7 years for $7.5 million!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I feel like Forsberg might not be worth his potential $9 million dollar salary. A lot of his career highs this year can be attributed to Josi having a historic season. I'd still make an offer for him. 7 years for $7.5 million!

If it wasn't for the slightest reservations due to his injury history (because he plays like an absolute BEAST and gets injured as a result)...I would without QUESTION throw 9 million at Forsberg.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Nick Schmaltz seems far and away the best likely available option for the Sens. Better overall player than Fiala with almost certainly a much better contract. A slight step down from Giroux at this time but Giroux will cost a lot more in cap and will be declining over the duration of the contract while Schmaltz' contract will take him through his prime. Konecny would be great as well, but won't be available until next spring at the earliest.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Nick Schmaltz seems far and away the best likely available option for the Sens. Better overall player than Fiala with almost certainly a much better contract. A slight step down from Giroux at this time but Giroux will cost a lot more in cap and will be declining over the duration of the contract while Schmaltz' contract will take him through his prime. Konecny would be great as well, but won't be available until next spring at the earliest.
Side bonus is he can't score 8 points against us or whatever it was.

Reactions: bert

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

I'd prefer Fiala. Much more dynamic.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd be cool to acquire Shmaltz but his salary exceeds his caphit more and more as his contract goes by, not sure if we can afford him unless ownership falls into the hands of someone willing to spend cash no questions asked.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I think you're overvaluing Schmaltz... He's not that good IMO.

Konecny would be a good fit, so would Fiala and Giroux.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I think you're overvaluing Schmaltz... He's not that good IMO.

Konecny would be a good fit, so would Fiala and Giroux.

Well, I mean he is quite clearly better than Fiala, I think we can all agree on that? So I take it your issue is with me saying he's only a "slight" step down from Giroux. That's fair, Giroux is still really good. I guess "slight" is a pretty vague term and maybe not the right one to have used. But I just think between the cap hit Giroux will command and the fact that he'll be declining as his cap hit stays the same as we get closer to being contenders, Giroux just isn't such a good fit. I'd take Giroux over Fiala, but I'd take Schmaltz over either.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Well, I mean he is quite clearly better than Fiala, I think we can all agree on that? So I take it your issue is with me saying he's only a "slight" step down from Giroux. That's fair, Giroux is still really good. I guess "slight" is a pretty vague term and maybe not the right one to have used. But I just think between the cap hit Giroux will command and the fact that he'll be declining as his cap hit stays the same as we get closer to being contenders, Giroux just isn't such a good fit. I'd take Giroux over Fiala, but I'd take Schmaltz over either.
No..... definitely not.

Fiala >>> Schmaltz. Schmaltz will never replicate this season and I doubt he'll ever be a top 6er on a good team.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I don't think it's quite clear, at all, that Schmatlz is better than Fiala. You could make an argument either way.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well, I mean he is quite clearly better than Fiala, I think we can all agree on that?

I haven't spent much time watching either but the real question is "who would be the best fit?".

Style of play matters more than "who is better". One may be better but his style of play not mesh well with were we want to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad