Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Top 4 RD is the spot we really need to fill, I just don't think we have a lot of options that we can realistically make happen.

Up front, I predict a White for Drouin based swap, and maybe a 3rd or tbl second for pool party

On D, I'm thinking we end up coming up short,
Somebody started July on a pessimist note.

I think we overpay for Marino and add another tweener winger like Mikayev for more than we like.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Somebody started July on a pessimist note.

I think we overpay for Marino and add another tweener winger like Mikayev for more than we like.
Marino and Roy from LA seem like good targets for a trade, idk, RD are hard to come by.

I actually think a white+ for Drouin swap has promise, low risk for us.

Mikayev would be fine, but if Brown is gone we essentially need two tweeners...

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Would you do 7OA, Boucher and Greig for Caufield?
Absolutely not. There's a good chance that Greig ends up a more valuable player when its all said and done. 7OA has a good chance alone of being better than CC.

Boucher on the other hand is definitely a throw in.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Losing Brown and bringing in Puljujarvi would make us worse Imo. Puljujarvi is not enough of an upgrade over current alternatives on the 2nd line which are not great alternatives.
I’m a hard no on Puljujarvi. If Brown truly is intent on UFA I’d rather kick the tires on Mikayev as a replacement trade Brown and acquire another winger like Nikushin.

The 2 most pressing things this summer after our RFAs are re-signing Zub and getting another Top 4 D.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Losing Brown and bringing in Puljujarvi would make us worse Imo. Puljujarvi is not enough of an upgrade over current alternatives on the 2nd line which are not great alternatives.
I don't disagree but there is no real way to keep Brown, he wants to get paid, or upgrade on him, he is very good at what he does.

We need to accept that we are going to lose a very useful player and whatever we get in return (if we do trade him) will not be as good or have an immediate impact.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Ok count me in the Clayton Keller camp. The Fiala trade is showing that it’s still going to be tough convincing young RFAs to commit to Ottawa, and they’ll be looking for +$9M on a contract (see Debrincat).

Keller comes in with a long term deal in place at a shade over $7M. For what the sens are trying to instill with other contracts to sign with Stutzle and Norris, I think this is the one that makes most financial sense. And it helps that he’s a solid player as well.

7OA + Thomson + one of Pinto/Greig + Zaitsev might be the basis of such a deal (although a bit rich in my books)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Would you do 7OA, Boucher and Greig for Caufield?

:laugh: NO

Did you see a Habs fan propose that?

That package is more for a DeBrincat level player. Caufield hasn't proven yet that he's going to be ADB's level (which is his MAX potential), particularly in his overall game.

I'm not even sure I would trade Ridly Greig for Caufield to be honest, Greig is going to be a special player. People have to stop thinking points are everything. That's why a guy like Connor Brown is much more valuable than a guy like Mike Hoffman.

Actually, I am just NOT trading Ridly Greig at all. The circumstance would have to be very special, something you just can't refuse

Oh and no way the Sens are going to trade Tyler Boucher now (unless someone was seeing him as a top-10 OA pick value?). They have reached big time on him and now have to hope for some kind of Lodin late kind of development

I would trade 7th OA and Brannstrom for Caufield (which is already a big payment), not a cent more

Puljujarvi is the same level of player as Joseph and Formenton (for now in their case). He's clearly below Brown's level. He's more on par with Colin White actually. Average offense, good advanced stats, good defensively. Good 3rd liners

Losing Brown and bringing in Puljujarvi definitely makes us worse

Always curious to see what Dorion can do, even if I am 100% aware that it has a 50/50 chance to end up in a disaster

Ok count me in the Clayton Keller camp. The Fiala trade is showing that it’s still going to be tough convincing young RFAs to commit to Ottawa, and they’ll be looking for +$9M on a contract (see Debrincat).

Keller comes in with a long term deal in place at a shade over $7M. For what the sens are trying to instill with other contracts to sign with Stutzle and Norris, I think this is the one that makes most financial sense. And it helps that he’s a solid player as well.

7OA + Thomson + one of Pinto/Greig + Zaitsev might be the basis of such a deal (although a bit rich in my books)

I'm not giving up a piece like Greig or Pinto on top of a 7th OA pick.

It would have to be for an offer you just can't refuse

Fiala was just had for 19th + Faber (which is very similar to 7OA + Thomson in overall value), no way I'm giving up this package for Keller.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This would be franchise altering

Keller we don’t even know if he is available

Cat…well we weren’t going to pay fiala so I doubt it
Yeah, if we weren't willing to pay Fiala 8 mil, how are we paying for a franchise altering player, I don't really get it.

Or is it that we don't really know that we wouldn't pay Fiala? Who knows anymore.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I don't disagree but there is no real way to keep Brown, he wants to get paid, or upgrade on him, he is very good at what he does.

We need to accept that we are going to lose a very useful player and whatever we get in return (if we do trade him) will not be as good or have an immediate impact.
It will suck to lose brown but we need to restructure the team with higher end skill. Formenton and Joseph can take on much of what Brown did for the team in terms of motor and PK. We need a higher skill winger who may not bring what Brown did defensively/ not a true 200 ft player, but ups offense of our top 6 and pushes forms or Joseph down a line.

JP does not add much of value, we already have players who do what he can do except better. If he’s not succeeding centered by 2 of the best centres in the league, he simply is not able to succeed as a scoring winger. We already have better options (or ones that are just as good and don’t require traded assets) for bottom 6 wingers.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yeah, if we weren't willing to pay Fiala 8 mil, how are we paying for a franchise altering player, I don't really get it.

Or is it that we don't really know that we wouldn't pay Fiala? Who knows anymore.
Bruce B said we weren’t interested in the price of what fiala made to me that’s probably fairly accurate

Keller I have been pushing for a while since his contract is a steal but I haven’t read he is available

GoMyTeam

Aug 20, 2017
How about Kapanen as a potential Brown replacement for the third line? Played under DJ in Toronto and was acquired by Pittsburgh when Bowness was there.

Kind of weird that he went from being a consistent PK guy with over 1:30 a game in Toronto, to a total of 2:12 of PK time in his two years in Pittsburgh.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Bruce B said we weren’t interested in the price of what fiala made to me that’s probably fairly accurate

Keller I have been pushing for a while since his contract is a steal but I haven’t read he is available
I don't get what they thought the price would be, is what bothers me. Were they set on a 50 million dollar contract and wouldn't budge or are they just that cheap or do they not comprehend the market?

It was slightly bothersome to read that without context. I'd love to hear Dorion the Dunce explain why, but obviously he would never.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I don't know that I buy Garrioch saying the Sens wouldn't be interested in giving Fiala 7.875M. They're going to give similar money to an inferior player in Josh Norris.

If Fiala nixed Ottawa as a destination you would never hear that from a mouthpiece like Bruce. He would just say what he said about the money being too much, and maybe that's the case. Or maybe not.

Reactions: NB613 and Sweatred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad