Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
TIL hockey cards are still a thing....I just assumed they died out in the 90s.

well, you'd be surprised how huge that industry is. It's actually surprising that some people are not aware yet. I guess it's because it's a niche product

New market research shows the sports card industry was worth $13 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach $98,75 billion by 2027.

Some cards even get sold over a million.

The hockey cards from the 90s have no value because of mass printing. Hockey cards today and hockey cards before the 90s have value. They however are no NBA cards which have shot up an astronomical amount due to Chinese money buying them at heavily inflated prices so they can move money out of the Chinese banking system, a lot like Canadian real estate. If China money enters the NHL card market it would make a lot of people rich.

Yeah, I have built some sets that might be worth a lot in a decade. I started in 2009 by trading some coins (from my great grandmother) for hockey cards. I had about 300$ value in coins

Some people who have McDavid/Ovechkin/Crosby collections are already rich lol

Like this guy (ROFL) :

Or what about this?

This card is for sale for 5 M$, received 133 offers so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silencio

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
well, you'd be surprised how huge that industry is. It's actually surprising that some people are not aware yet. I guess it's because it's a niche product

New market research shows the sports card industry was worth $13 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach $98,75 billion by 2027.

Some cards even get sold over a million.

Yeah, I have built some sets that might be worth a lot in a decade. I started in 2009 by trading some coins (from my great grandmother) for hockey cards. I had about 300$ value in coins

Some people who have McDavid/Ovechkin/Crosby collections are already rich lol

Like this guy (ROFL) :

Or what about this?

This card is for sale for 5 M$, received 133 offers so far.

Yep if I was to jump into cards I'd jump into NBA over NHL. Worldwide NBA is just so much bigger and will grow much larger than NHL. I was told by someone to start grabbing NBA cards in 2017 or 18 and I laughed told him nah I'm just stacking bitcoin. He suggested I at least do something like 80% bitcoin 20% NBA cards. I told him he's nuts. He is rich now and well I am not lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We could definitely use 1 or 2 more top 6 forwards with speed and puck handling capabilities.
I think Greig is one & Pinto another, Sanderson on defence & I imagine we will add a very good prospect at 7 OA this yr as well. There are also some good prospects in Belleville with Jarventie, Lodin, Sokolov, JBD & Sogaard, they should be adding at least two or three good young prospects every yr for the next few yrs.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
7369F355-80E0-4C98-AF95-F2385070399A.jpeg

One of these things is not like the other lol

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Really hope we don't go after Strome of Kadri, for once we don't need centre depth. We're better off seeing what Stu and Pinto can do over 82 games. Giroux is an option since he's played wing quite a bit in Philly, but for once we need to get a legit top 6 winger

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I realize he’s nobody’s ideal addition but he would definitely upgrade the offence on our right side.
Maybe, or maybe he blocks the spot for a younger player who could do more with the spot than he could. It’s a tall order but high end skill is needed to push down players into appropriate spots, not mediocre players who are not a clear upgrade on what we have.

In any case, it’s a realistic take for this team and I suppose they could do much worse. Barf.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
I realize he’s nobody’s ideal addition but he would definitely upgrade the offence on our right side.

I don’t know man…
1. He’s a Center with a 46% FO win rate
2. He was a 35pt/82 game guy until he got to the Rangers.
3. He’s been glued to pointmachine Panarin, and has average abt 65pts/82 in NY
4. Has averaged around 3 min of PP/game in NY
5. He doesn’t score all that much

I just have no idea what role he’s supposed to play here…an out of position playmaking winger for Stutzle? seems exactly what we don’t want.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I don’t know man…

I just have no idea what role he’s supposed to play here…an out of position playmaking winger for Stutzle? seems exactly what we don’t want.
All this and he's 28 years old. A year or two out of the window of guys that we need and frankly not good enough to be Stu's winger.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Is there anyway we could put together a quantity type package instead of a high pick and a couple top prospects to get what we need? 7oa, 2nd, kastelic, lassi, brown..etc. Not those pieces exactly, but something like that.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don’t know man…

He’d play the right side here, replacing Brown, backfilling at centre when needed.

I don’t feel it’s a necessary move and would rather not bring him in.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
View attachment 564183

One of these things is not like the other lol
Those three would make a good line for this tream, if we were serious to make the playoffs. I just don't see them signing all three & specifically Kadri who IMO will be too expensive & want the longest term he can get at his age. They will sign Giroux if he wants to play here & his price is reasonable otherwise the only one I can see them signing is Strome who can play wing or centre. Copp & Strome would be two interesting signings.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Those three would make a good line for this tream, if we were serious to make the playoffs. I just don't see them signing all three & specifically Kadri who IMO will be too expensive & want the longest term he can get at his age. They will sign Giroux if he wants to play here & his price is reasonable otherwise the only one I can see them signing is Strome who can play wing or centre. Copp & Strome would be two interesting signings.
Ideally Giroux on a 3 year term. But I'd take Strome to play wing

Reactions: Micklebot

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
Ideally Giroux on a 3 year term. But I'd take Strome to play wing

but why?
Strome isn’t a winger, and he’s not much of a goal scorer, he’s a playmaker who looks to be a 50-60 pt player (at his normal position with 3min of PP time a game).

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I can absolutely see us interested in Strome... as the second guy we go after. No way Strome is our main top 6 solution.

I can see Giroux AND Strome. Debrincat AND Strome.

Especially if we losing Brown.

Tkachuk-Norris-Strome
Giroux-Stutzle-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph

IF we are not moving Brown, then Strome would be such a poor main grab.

Tkachuk-Norris-Strome
Batherson-Stutzle-Brown

Note how I keep putting Strome with Stutzle, because Strome with Stutzle would be pushed around too much to work properly.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
If we sign Strome we will be trying to trade him approximately two years from now when he’s not worth his contract and blocking a young player. I’m all for upgrading the roster now but at some point this team has to stop giving out bad contracts.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I don’t get the Puljujarvi hate.

Certainly not what we’re hoping for in a top 6 acquisition but as a depth piece and reclamation project he’s a good option.

He’d definitely be a significant upgrade on PP2. Again, hopefully not option 1 (or 2) but the Sens need a lot of help.

The key will be to keep term reasonable if we go for one of the lower end options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad