Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Getting Domi and Matthew Tkachuk would be preferable and do a better job of creating "maximum chaos for the battle of Ontario"
Realistically, what would the cost of actually getting Matthew out of Calgary be? Have to think Brannstrom/Thomson and our 1st would be a start....there's the whole Melnyk factor as well in terms of money in money out.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Okay I want Domi now

giphy.webp

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Don't want Domi. This will be the 3rd team that trades him before he's even 27. At the worst, he's not a guy you want in the locker room, and at best, he's simply not a player that teams value pretty highly.

Plus he's small and overpaid and his father sucks. Hard pass.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Domi is going to be trying to find teams to fit in with for the rest of his career.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The biggest knock I've seen against Monahan is that his production is seen as linked to Gaudreau and he appears to be declining.

Personally I feel like the ask would probably be too much for what I see as a stopgap solution

Stützle has a somewhat similar playstyle to Gaudreau and with Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson having nice chemistry I think it should be a priority to find Jimmy talented linemates he can click with. Maybe it’s Monahan. Maybe it’s Pinto

Reactions: BigRig4

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Dadonov had a 30 point pace. Not like he did much that a guy like sokolov or something couldn’t IMO
The point isn’t to replace him with someone who puts up 30 points...the point is to get someone that actually produces more so we can improve

sokolov is not the answer next year

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
Okay so where shall I begin? So the Panthers make moves to acquire Bennett & Reinhart in addition, they have drafted Ekblad back in 2014, making the Panthers have in their possession the 1st (Ekblad), 2nd (Reinhart) & 4th (Bennett) in that year's draft. Say what we will about FLA but they made moves at least. Fast forward to the expansion draft, we protected Logan Brown. Logan Brown, who we covet soooo much, who hasn't made the team off training camp since the day he was drafted, yet we protected him regardless of his name being thrown in, in every possible trading scenario so my feeling is that since he was protected that he will finally make the team off of camp or else this becomes a joke of the decade in Sens' organization. We were rumored to have wanted to acquire Strome (whom I wanted back in 2011 but has since didn't care too much for him nowadays) & supposedly Monahan. I understand we are still in the rebuild phase but in what year can we expect to be at least contenders? Are we in agreeance that the team we have on paper is not yet a contender and the signings of Mike "I've signed with my 12th team" Del Zotto along with his pisano Andrew Agozzino, who has less than 50 games under his belt, less than 10 NHL PTS and is already the age of 30 is not exactly the greatest looking on paper? This is what I've got according to our latest moves:

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - L. Brown (?) - Brown
Paul - White - Pinto (Interchangeable between White & Pinto)
Formenton - Tierney - Watson (?)

Chabot, Del Zotto, Agozzino, Zaitsev, Zub, Brannstrom, Holden, Bernard-Docker, Thomson all in the fold so align them anyway you'd like

Murray, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Hogberg, Soogard, Mandolese

If I'm coming as irritated or salty it's because I am. A ton of teams are wheeling and dealing our top 6 are really top 4 (Brady, Josh, Drake & Jimmy) who are all under the age of 24 will be a dangerous force in the near future. I don't know. I feel to add another top 6 without giving up the core guys we have but outside the "big 4" we'll call them, I don't reckon there'd be much interest in Connor Brown, Tierney and dare I say Colin White, who I think will have a bounce back year I'm hoping for. It's also the off-season and Summer so I'm just posting for the sake of doing so. Go Sens go.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If I'm coming as irritated or salty it's because I am. A ton of teams are wheeling and dealing our top 6 are really top 4 (Brady, Josh, Drake & Jimmy) who are all under the age of 24 will be a dangerous force in the near future. I don't know. I feel to add another top 6 without giving up the core guys we have but outside the "big 4" we'll call them, I don't reckon there'd be much interest in Connor Brown, Tierney and dare I say Colin White, who I think will have a bounce back year I'm hoping for. It's also the off-season and Summer so I'm just posting for the sake of doing so. Go Sens go.

If Connor Brown's most recent stretch of play is anything more than a hot streak he is absolutely a top 6 forward moving forward. Even then given his production and role in 19/20 it's probably fair to call him a low end 2nd line player. His next contract is going to have a AAV close to 5 with term, similar to Hyman this offseason. Don't believe he should be mentioned in the same conversation as White or Tierney.

The Stutzle-Pinto-Brown line looked solid to close out the season, though it would be a big risk to expect Pinto to step into a second line role and not a guarantee to have a successful season.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Realistically, what would the cost of actually getting Matthew out of Calgary be? Have to think Brannstrom/Thomson and our 1st would be a start....there's the whole Melnyk factor as well in terms of money in money out.
I am not sure what the cost will be but we do have a lot of assets. If the Flames are actually willing to move him and if he really wants out then the Sens would likely take a serious look at acquiring him. He also would cost less to acquire than Eichel and is arguably a more impactful player and better fit for this organization than some of the others players that people on here have suggested giving up big assets for.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Let's just offer sheet Elias Pettersson and be done with it.
That would be a bad idea. Offer sheets only succeed (in terms of a team actually attaining the player) when teams are willing to give that player a ridiculous contract. The salary would have to be so high that Vancouver wouldn't be willing to match it and then on top of that it costs the team a ton of assets.

The offer sheet compensation is measured in tranches. For example an average salary of $8.2m would cost a team a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick. Then next tranche is $10.2m which would cost a team two 1sts, a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Anything higher than that costs four 1st round picks.

Looking at the market right now Petersson at $8.2m is a fairly reasonable price for that kind of player. Vancouver would almost certainly match that or anything less than that. Anything higher than that would cost two 1sts, a 2nd and 3rd round pick so the Sens would be guaranteed to lose that minimum. We don't know what Vancouver's threshold is but somewhere around $10.2m or higher probably gets them to walk away. In that case it would cost the Sens four 1st round picks.

It would likely cost less for the Sens to acquire any of the other big name players on the market and they might even be able to sign them to a more favorable contract.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Kessel and Domi.... You gotta be kidding me. Is anyone actually paying attention to the types of players and people this organization is targeting.... Why on earth is the sens first being thrown around. Offer sheeting Petterson.... The Eugene Melnyk owned Ottawa Senators.... Not to mention they are going to have a ton of players in the same situation.

Half the players this team has drafted in this rebuild aren't even playing pro yet. This isn't a playoff team in a stacked east and Atlantic, we're mid rebuild. Take a deep breath everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad