Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I feel like some posters are going to go through the five stages of grief when Eichel is traded to some other team. He isn't coming here, he is owed too much money, has too many question marks about attitude and ability to play, and will cost too much in assets. I can't fault PD for not wanting to take a massive asset gamble on a 10 million dollar player who may never have a healthy season again.

Reactions: Beville

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Gotta think the reason for the wait is wherever Eichel goes, we get that teams 1c

Calgary Monohands
NYR Stromesy fek
Ducks Henriquez/Hertly

Reactions: NB613

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Just on dvorak

he doesn’t move the needle that much. you can say he plays on a crappy team but so does tierney and he put up around 40ish points too outside of last year

against it’s just moving around the deck chairs in the middle 6

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I feel like some posters are going to go through the five stages of grief when Eichel is traded to some other team. He isn't coming here, he is owed too much money, has too many question marks about attitude and ability to play, and will cost too much in assets. I can't fault PD for not wanting to take a massive asset gamble on a 10 million dollar player who may never have a healthy season again.
Nah I think most ppl know he isn’t coming here cause melnyk won’t spend

we will end up with some tweener Center who the organization will pass as an ‘impact’ or ‘top’ Center

though if the team can’t afford eichel then strome or monohan also won’t be resigned if they do well cause they will be too expensive

Reactions: Beville

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yes to Tatar

He'll also be extra motivated to play against the Habs.

Even if we sign Tkachuk and Batherson to long term contracts, we'll barely reach the floor. And since we have let passed many opportunities to "weaponize cap space", can we at least sign a good player or two? So maybe we don't start the season in a big hole like 2-12-1 or something?

Maybe sign Tomas Tatar and Ryan Murray? Should cost less than 10 M$ and under 3 years for each

Tkachuk-Norris-Tatar
Stutzle-Pinto-Batherson
Paul-White-Brown
Formenton-Tierney-Watson
Bishop

Not sure why we signed MDZ, but whatever figure it out. At least Holden can play RD, but it doesn't accomplish anything because we still need someone better than Zub and Zaitsev to play with Chabot

Try to make a trade including Logan Brown, Erik Brannstrom and pick(s) for a solid and youngish RD who could play with Chabot

Chabot-???????
Murray-Zub
Mete/MDZ/Holden-Zaitsev

What a stupid unecessary logjam on LD lol

Note that I'm signing Murray because >> MDZ/Mete/Holden

JBD in Belleville for a developmental season

Also this quote from last thread :

Giving up Gus or Soogard is a no deal for me. They are future of this team, like this season if Murray falters.

Yeah but you have to give to get and in this case, we're trying to get a guy that has proven he could be an elite center (again)

With Sogaard and Merilainen developing (while we have Murray/Forsberg), it allows the Senators to be in a position of strength to trade Gustavsson, they could "afford" it

I understand your concern but I'd much rather give up a goalie prospect that a prospect like Pinto that I often see in proposals (would be a very big mistake IMO)

Even after trading Gustavsson, we'd still have Murray/Forsberg + Sogaard, Merilainen and Mandolese. We can draft goalies in the next few drafts too

There's also always possibilities to acquire good goalies on the UFA or trade market. Since there's only 2 jobs per team, it's by far the easiest position to fill. Some teams just have no eye for goalie talent.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Eichel’s a one man Career needing guillotine for a GM like Dorion … no way he takes that risk.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The more I think about it, the more I have a feeling Dorion is waiting for the big domino named Eichel to fall before he pursues Monahan and maybe Hertl if he doesn’t succeed.

Eichel is probably too big of a move right now and you can’t help but think Pierre learned at least one thing from the Duchene trade i.e. screwing up chemistry.

Monahan checks a lot of boxes. Ontario kid, played junior for the 67s, more of a goal scorer than a playmaker with seven 20 goal seasons and five 25+ goal seasons (which is what we need). Turning 27 at the start of the season so fits in well with our group.

Just 2 seasons left on his contract so if he doesn’t fit in you just trade him next summer or in 1.5 years at the deadline. Would be a massive upgrade over the centers that have been playing the role he’d play (Stepan, Tierney, etc...)

I’d give it a shot and the asking price can’t be too high considering his dip in production. Perfect buy-low candidate and pretty low-risk imo

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The more I think about it, the more I have a feeling Dorion is waiting for the big domino named Eichel to fall before he pursues Monahan and maybe Hertl if he doesn’t succeed.

Eichel is probably too big of a move right now and you can’t help but think Pierre learned at least one thing from the Duchene trade i.e. screwing up chemistry.

Monahan checks a lot of boxes. Ontario kid, played junior for the 67s, more of a goal scorer than a playmaker with seven 20 goal seasons and five 25+ goal seasons (which is what we need). Turning 27 at the start of the season so fits in well with our group.

Just 2 seasons left on his contract so if he doesn’t fit in you just trade him next summer or in 1.5 years at the deadline. Would be a massive upgrade over the centers that have been playing the role he’d play (Stepan, Tierney, etc...)

I’d give it a shot and the asking price can’t be too high considering his dip in production. Perfect buy-low candidate and pretty low-risk imo

Calgary can’t afford to give away assets - their Competitive Window is hanging by threads … the price won’t be cheap.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Why are so many people against Monahan? He’s 26 and his stats looks pretty good.
Down for monahan but if our intention is to resign him and not as a stop gap

also I’m not even sure if the flames are trading him looks like they want to compete for the playoffs

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Why are so many people against Monahan? He’s 26 and his stats looks pretty good.
I see value in fighting for the playoffs and think we need someone like him to do that, so I'm all for it, but it depends a lot on the price paid, since if he does well, he will likely command to much and be gone shortly after.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I feel like the longer the sabres wait, the more diminished the returns will be. Eichel 100% needs surgery and still has not received the surgery to fix his neck issues. I thought the recovery period was at least 3 months (someone can correct me on that). So you’re dragging your feet but whatever team gets him won’t have him fir a big chunk of the season (bigger as this drags on day by day)

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For me, it’s because he was a non factor in every game he played vs. the Sens last season.
This seems like the opposite of the Boedker logic, scored a Hatrick against us so he must be good...

The biggest knock I've seen against Monahan is that his production is seen as linked to Gaudreau and he appears to be declining.

Personally I feel like the ask would probably be too much for what I see as a stopgap solution

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

He's regressed to a 50ish pt pace over the last two seasons, he was relegated to their 3rd LW or C by the end of the year, behind Lindholm, Backlund, and sometimes forced to the wing by Gawdin. He had 8pts in his last 24 games - i.e the time he was no longer stapled to Gaudreau. He has had major injury. Even with Gaudreau, he's been about a .5pts/g player at ES throughout his career.

I could go on.

Since we got out of Dadonovs contract, I'd be fine taking him on if the cost was negligible (like, 2nd + L. Brown at the absolute most) but he's not worth much to me. Good finisher, decent at the dot, thats about it.

Reactions: NB613, PM and Deku

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He's regressed to a 50ish pt pace over the last two seasons, he was relegated to their 3rd LW or C by the end of the year, behind Lindholm, Backlund, and sometimes forced to the wing by Gawdin. He had 8pts in his last 24 games - i.e the time he was no longer stapled to Gaudreau. He has had major injury. Even with Gaudreau, he's been about a .5pts/g player at ES throughout his career.

I could go on.

Since we got out of Dadonovs contract, I'd be fine taking him on if the cost was negligible (like, 2nd + L. Brown at the absolute most) but he's not worth much to me. Good finisher, decent at the dot, thats about it.
All their top players regressed

Something is up with that team

Reactions: NB613

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
All their top players regressed

Something is up with that team
Monahan regressed the hardest, and lost the confidence of his coach, and has had the most injuries, and was the worst player in that group from the start. Their other Cs, Backlund & Lindholm, sure fared a lot better than Monahan, for example.

He was always a complimentary player. He also always struggled with footspeed and has seen his skating ability suffer from injury.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Monahan regressed the hardest, and lost the confidence of his coach, and has had the most injuries, and was the worst player in that group from the start. Their other Cs, Backlund & Lindholm, sure fared a lot better than Monahan, for example.
Seems like a perfect candidate to try on another team

buy low option

I wanted Bennett aswell and he turned out decent so far for fla

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Seems like a perfect candidate to try on another team

buy low option

I wanted Bennett aswell and he turned out decent so far for fla

I wanted Bennett, too... said we should trade Hoffman for him, lol.

I'd be fine adding Monahan, I just wouldnt part with much to do it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

He's been trending downward for awhile, and there's a case to be made that a lot of his stats were a direct result of being with Gaudreau. He isn't the type of center who drives a line...and if we're going to get a center, a passive C is not a fit, at all. Not to mention the injuries on his body are piling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->