Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Belleville kind of cleaned house when it came to their roster.

Vitaly Abramov and Olle Alsing signed in the KHL. Hubert Labrie signed in the DEL. Then they let Matthew Peca, Cole Cassels, JC Beaudin, Joe Labate, Cody Goloubef, Curtis Douglas, Jonathan Davidsson, Jack Kopacka, Zach Magwood, Brandon Fortunato and a handful of other players that were brought in throughout the season go. You could even add that Chlapik decided to terminate his 2 way contract early in the season to go play in Europe.

I think the only additions from last offseason that are still there are Logan Shaw and Clark Bishop, and now Colby Williams.

That is quite a long list of players being let go. Not surprised by most of it but thought Abramov might be retained as he seemed to be the sole player with some potential, small though he be.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
L. Brown
Brannstrom
Grieg/Boucher/Jarventie
White/Tierney for salary
Anyone else on D not named Zub or Chabot
1st 2022

Get it done Murray

The Sens have 12 picks in the 2022 draft.

I wonder if they'd rather keep the Greig/Boucher/Jarventie level prospects and offset that cost with additional draft capital?

Replace them with

Kastelic/Abramov/Crookshank level prospects, but add in 2022 2nd (TB pick), 2022 3rd (BOS pick)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Given the way the Sens are right now, as long as there is no legitimate rumour out there, there is a possibility that it will happen.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Typically if there is a rumour, of any magnitude, it would be discussed at length in HF as soon as it’s made. Anything with any kind of substantiated claim for sure.

The fact that the only mention of this rumour is a post in the Sens trade thread, tells me it’s not a real rumour.

Yep, there haven't been any rumors that Ottawa was even interested in Eichel. Fake rumor.

Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
1297609675502_ORIGINAL.jpg

L. Brown
Brannstrom
Grieg/Boucher/Jarventie
White/Tierney for salary
Anyone else on D not named Zub or Chabot
1st 2022

Get it done Murray

I assume "anyone else on D" does not include Sanderson.

Reactions: Dionysus

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Be honest here. The last three pieces of that deal you proposed were lousy. Brown and Tierney aren't pieces any team is looking for, and every team has a couple prospects like Jarventie. Gus is a decent goalie, but goalies aren't worth much at all in trades. The only pieces of value are the 1st round pick...and Brann who is a diminishing asset.

If anyone wants to assemble a trade for a piece like Eichel, you need to add a few pieces (at least 3) that hurt. A lot.

Hell, I don't even want Eichel, but I know Buffalo will demand a helluva lot more than a pile of lousy pieces. You can't just say "hey, here's a first round pick, this package is amazing!!!".

I would not be surprised if another good prospect was included in a deal for Eichel, such as Pinto or Grieg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad