Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
We need 8-9 NHL defenders, because with injuries, you go through that much every year, and you also need to have the depth to afford younger guys doing more time in the AHL.

I really like bringing Boro back. We need a few veterans, and having one that is good with the kids and also won't complain if his ice time is lower is a great combination. I'd be disappointed if we brought Hainsey back. I'd rather give that ice time to a mix of Englund, Wolanin and Lajoie to getting better idea of what we have there with those three.

Chabot, Zaitsev, Brannstrom, Boro, Reilly, Jaros, Wolanin, Englund, Lajoie would be my 9. If you add Zub, there is no issue being more patient with Lajoie having another year in the AHL. Englund is obviously a question mark still in his own right.

In another year, Thomson and JBD will be knocking at the door a bit more, likely in the AHL, but perhaps getting some NHL time and we'll move on from Reilly and jettison a few those depth guys, as it's unclear where and whether Wolanin, Englund and Lajoie are regular NHLers. They will be forced to sink or swim over the next year or so.

Agreed. Also if we really want a veteran defenceman to mix in with the above named defenceman then we should use the salary that we would be offering hainsey and get someone with a touch more skill because even this season hainsey was not worth the 3.5 million a year.

Reactions: Sweatred

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I was wondering when they could start having players show up at the rink partially dressed in gear, dropped off by a family member, and picked up after a skate.

No shared ice. They would only skate and drill with coach at bench or at a distance on ice.

Basically having nothing touched by the players.... in and out of a door. No chance of contact.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I was wondering when they could start having players show up at the rink partially dressed in gear, dropped off by a family member, and picked up after a skate.

No shared ice. They would only skate and drill with coach at bench or at a distance on ice.

Basically having nothing touched by the players.... in and out of a door. No chance of contact.

Two thing have to happen (at least)

1. Cities open their rinks
2. Businesses are allowed to reopen.

For example the city of Ottawa has said rinks are closed until at least July 2. Places like Bell Sens Plex, Rink Eye, Amped etc may open earlier or at least on a different timeline. The Bell Sens Plex has officially closed their rinks until May 1 (website).

Schmautz11

Oct 5, 2007
Haven’t read the entire thread so don’t know if it’s been mentioned but one guy I would investigate is Colton Parayko. If the Blues sign Pietrangelo, they’re going to have to shave some cap space somehow. If they want picks and futures as well as a younger fill in, I think ottawa would have some attractive pieces to offer. On the Eugene attraction side, 5.5 cap hit with 4.5 avg salary on the next 2 years. I would think a 6’6” 230 pounder with a cup ring who plays the right side would fit in pretty nicely on this team. Or any other team for that matter.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Haven’t read the entire thread so don’t know if it’s been mentioned but one guy I would investigate is Colton Parayko. If the Blues sign Pietrangelo, they’re going to have to shave some cap space somehow. If they want picks and futures as well as a younger fill in, I think ottawa would have some attractive pieces to offer. On the Eugene attraction side, 5.5 cap hit with 4.5 avg salary on the next 2 years. I would think a 6’6” 230 pounder with a cup ring who plays the right side would fit in pretty nicely on this team. Or any other team for that matter.

this is a dman i would pay up for especially since he fits a huge need being a RD

wonder what the cost would be

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
a name on the trade forum that seems interesting is nikita gusev. His play recovered once the devils swapped coaches but his value is still low enough where we could probably get him for a 2nd with a small plus.

what do you guys think? or is he too old for our core?

Reactions: h2owned

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

Seems like we would just end up in the same situation as we did with Matt Duchene - when it comes time to talk extension we're dealing with a 29 year old player that wants a max term deal at big money with full trade protection, and the Senators won't be willing to go there.

We'd be better served spending our assets on a younger player with more team control.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Would you guys trade Tierney+OTT 2nd (33rd)+WPG 3rd (79th) to Winnipeg for 12th-17th overall?

Their window is now and it'll probably be a few years before that player makes a real impact in the NHL. They still get a pretty good prospect at 33, and get a 45-55 point middle-6 centre for their contending team. Ottawa gets a 4th first round pick to add to their rebuild.

I think Tierney is pretty expendable, seeing as though Norris and Brown are virtually locks to make the roster next year.

Win-win for both teams IMO.

Reactions: NB613

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Would you guys trade Tierney+OTT 2nd (33rd)+WPG 3rd (79th) to Winnipeg for 12th-17th overall?

Their window is now and it'll probably be a few years before that player makes a real impact in the NHL. They still get a pretty good prospect at 33, and get a 45-55 point middle-6 centre for their contending team. Ottawa gets a 4th first round pick to add to their rebuild.

I think Tierney is pretty expendable, seeing as though Norris and Brown are virtually locks to make the roster next year.

Without question I would. Top 20 of this draft is SOLID.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I don’t think Winnipeg would. They could probably do better with their first. They didn’t make that type of trade for Stone at the peak of their competitive cycle.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Not a chance in hell Winnipeg does that.

They might offer something like a 4th rounder for him at most.

Reactions: Boud and Samboni

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Agreed. Also if we really want a veteran defenceman to mix in with the above named defenceman then we should use the salary that we would be offering hainsey and get someone with a touch more skill because even this season hainsey was not worth the 3.5 million a year.
Use the 3.5 mill and sign a guy who may have value at the deadline. The Sens already know that Hainsey has negative value. Why go there again?

Reactions: h2owned

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I personally think its a pretty big difference picking at 12 than 17 as a player like Lundell, Perfetti, Sanderson, Quinn or Holtz could fall to that position. So at 12 I would do it at 17 I would not.

That's pretty big overpayment by the Sens if its at 17, they could get a very similar player at 33 as 17 in my opinion. No I don't think I would do that, not unless it means they could use that pick plus the Islanders to get into the top 10. Tierney has pretty decent value he is cost controlled, and a proven player that is in his prime.

Use the 3.5 mill and sign a guy who may have value at the deadline. The Sens already know that Hainsey has negative value. Why go there again?

Agreed, go after Demelo with the 3.5. He is the far superior player at this point.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

Yeah, I would do it. I think the value is fairly good on both sides.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

Duplicate

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
One of the San Jose or Ottawa picks plus. I wouldn't do that at this point personally.

depending on where the picks land i would consider it

at the same time it only makes sense if the team has planned out their budget for a few years down the road and they know they can afford to resign him

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I don’t think Winnipeg would. They could probably do better with their first. They didn’t make that type of trade for Stone at the peak of their competitive cycle.
That's a good point. But that same GM used that same 1st round pick along with a good 3rd liner for 2 months of Kevin Hayes. So maybe they go for Tierney considering he's younger, cheaper, probably just as good, and under team control.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think it'd be hilarious if we re-acquired Duchene from Nashville for a minimal return. Similar to what they traded Subban for last season, because nobody wanted to take on the full ticket. Duchene idiotically took a "hometown" discount with Nashville, but didn't get any trade protection. I remember reading an interview with him shortly after the trade deadline, where he was relieved not to have been moved, so I wonder if Nashville at least explored it.

With the cap going down, he could probably be had for a song. There'll be very few takers. Nashville is currently at 72 million in cap with a 17 player roster. So they probably won't have to move Duchene, but they might prefer to move one of Duchene or Johansen for draft picks, and then use that open cap space on a UFA, or to re-sign both Smith and Granlund.

I'm sure the Senators would have jumped at signing Duchene to an 8 x 8 contract with no trade protection or signing bonuses.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Post it on the main boards for feedback.
Yeah this place loves its magic beans and despises known quantities like Tierney. How about this?

Trade Tierney for a mid-2nd, then its a mid-2nd plus mid-3rd to move up from 33OA to about 15OA.

It's a tiny bit low from Sens maybe, but not way off. We could easily lose that trade in the long run.

Feel free to argue that Tierney isn't worth a mid-2nd now.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah this place loves its magic beans and despises known quantities like Tierney. How about this?

Trade Tierney for a mid-2nd, then its a mid-2nd plus mid-3rd to move up from 33OA to about 15OA.

It's a tiny bit low from Sens maybe, but not way off. We could easily lose that trade in the long run.

Feel free to argue that Tierney isn't worth a mid-2nd now.

I think he is worth it and effective enough to justify a 2ND... I don’t think any GM will want to give away a early-mid 2020 lottery pick for Chris Tierney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad