Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe the players are holding out to see proof that there’s a new financial commitment to the future in the form of a new ownership or arena development partner. But that deal is taking long to complete, and the deadline’s approaching.... what’s Dorion to do?

Reactions: Crosside

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Turris + Tolvanen + (1st conditional if duchene signs )

Team can sell this trade as acknowledging they made a mistake by taking a core character guy away from the team, and bringing back a community hero.. Nashville won't need Turris after that or be able to fit him in the cap and it allows an easy salary in and out for both teams.

Tolvanen is an elite prospect, and can be that top 6 player of the future and be used to say hey we got him for Duchene in arguments.

You are taking a risk on that 1st, but it looks like Duchene will 100% love Nashville so its a safe bet.

PLEASE JUST BRING TURRIS BACK!!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Team can sell this trade as acknowledging they made a mistake by taking a core character guy away from the team, and bringing back a community hero.. Nashville won't need Turris after that or be able to fit him in the cap and it allows an easy salary in and out for both teams.

Tolvanen is an elite prospect, and can be that top 6 player of the future and be used to say hey we got him for Duchene in arguments.

You are taking a risk on that 1st, but it looks like Duchene will 100% love Nashville so its a safe bet.

That Turris contract is a mistake

We are better off taking on others ppl problems with shorter term ie callahan

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
They would be signed if that were the case. They aren't going to have their opinions changed a week before the deadline.
Maybe not. I don't think players focus on the prospects/AHL guys when their season starts. That's more offseason pondering IMO.

Maybe that's why Stone took a 1 year deal, because he wanted to see how things were without Karlsson and Hoffman. See how the prospects are progressing (because really they make all the difference). See how the ownership/arena deal play out. Maybe Stone is waiting for Duchene's decision and maybe Duchene is weighing his options for his own reasons. We really wont be able to tell until they sign or are traded.

And really, our prospects have been pretty damn good this year. Batherson, Brown, Balcers, Formenton (pre-injury), Norris (pre-injury), Bernard-Docker, Wolanin, Chlapik, Daccord have all had relatively good/great seasons when healthy. I actually believe Pierre McGuire when he says the Sens will be good soon because of the young talent coming up.

Reactions: Xspyrit

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

I would want one of Fabbro/Tolvanen, 1st round pick and Craig Smith for either Duchene and Stone (the 1st cannot be conditional, other rentals have netted 1st's in the past without having the condition on resigning and we have 2 best rentals in the past decade...)

Edit: I agree the Turris contract was a mistake and I'm glad that we avoided paying him that money.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
That Turris contract is a mistake

We are better off taking on others ppl problems with shorter term ie callahan
I don’t get when people say this. He obviously isn’t meshing well in Nashville, but I fail to see how a 6x6 deal for a top 6C is a mistake.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
They would be signed if that were the case. They aren't going to have their opinions changed a week before the deadline.

Not necessarily.

To me a it looks like the two, have been given a deadline to decide the bulk of their NHL careers, and they are taking that time to decide.

If they had already made decisions we would be hearing about an onslaught of trade calls from several teams all ready. When things move out of house the ‘insiders’ start catching wind of things.

As it stands all parties have hinted that the players are making a decision on whether they want to lead a rebuild or not. Management gave them a tour of the plan if they stay, and the owner pledged to spend when the team is ready to compete.

This all happened last week did it not? I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone was waiting to see how the future finances shook out with the Lebreton deal, and now that they know, they have a decision to make. There is no point in rushing if they have been given a date.

I suspect by mid week we’ll either see them signed, or trade center will blow up with Sens rumours of potential offers. No matter how this all shakes out they would get he bestvtrade deal near or at the deadline.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe not. I don't think players focus on the prospects/AHL guys when their season starts. That's more offseason pondering IMO.

Maybe that's why Stone took a 1 year deal, because he wanted to see how things were without Karlsson and Hoffman. See how the prospects are progressing (because really they make all the difference). See how the ownership/arena deal play out. Maybe Stone is waiting for Duchene's decision and maybe Duchene is weighing his options for his own reasons. We really wont be able to tell until they sign or are traded.

And really, our prospects have been pretty damn good this year. Batherson, Brown, Balcers, Formenton (pre-injury), Norris (pre-injury), Bernard-Docker, Wolanin, Chlapik, Daccord have all had relatively good/great seasons when healthy. I actually believe Pierre McGuire when he says the Sens will be good soon because of the young talent coming up.
I don't think that's likely whatsoever, but you could certainly be right

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I don’t get when people say this. He obviously isn’t meshing well in Nashville, but I fail to see how a 6x6 deal for a top 6C is a mistake.

Because it seems like he may slightly decline if he continues this progression. Not a massive decline but not someone i'd pay 6 mil for the next 6 seasons when Logan Brown could replace that production in 2 years time.

Turris has 60 points in 98 games since joining NSH (50 point pace per 82) and has a faceoff% of 50.25 (good but not great) and that's not considering the hot start he had once first joining the team (cooled off since). He is playing for a better team and had the perfect 2nd line role behind RyJo, yet Nashville are looking for another top 6 center this year..

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It takes him to 35. Do not want especially in our team

Turris got a lot of ice here and put up pts doesn't mean he will do well as a 2C getting less ice

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Isn't February an important month for season ticket renewals? Would that not explain setting a deadline that pushes a huge negative PR story to the last possible moment?

Reactions: Bileur

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I suspect by mid week we’ll either see them signed, or trade center will blow up with Sens rumours of potential offers. No matter how this all shakes out they would get he bestvtrade deal near or at the deadline.
So no matter how this turns out, Melnyk/Dorion have played this perfectly, right?

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I'd hope if Dorian does trade Duchene to Nashville and Turris does come back they flip him to another team for more prospects and picks. I'm in the trust mode with what the scouts and Dorian can do with drafting players.

Reactions: derriko

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Isn't February an important month for season ticket renewals? Would that not explain setting a deadline that pushes a huge negative PR story to the last possible moment?

In short, no. This is the biggest news surrounding the team, and has been for months.

It is what it is, there is no sneaking trying to dupe people in to buying tickets.

The management of this team is absolutely trying to sign these guys, it has come down to whether they want to stay or not, and so we wait until the deadline PD set for their decisions.

The simplest explanation is also the one that makes the most sense.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I wouldn't mind turris back in a deal for an extended duchene. yes, he's on pace for 50 points but he doesn't get first pp minutes so that's probably why there's a dip in production.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Man, I already felt like we weren't signing any UFA and I hadn't seen that quote by Dreger saying a lot of people he trusts think all three are walking.

Not saying I put my own trust in Dreger, as he's been very hit or miss lately, but that isn't good to hear at all and reinforces my own feelings on who's staying or leaving(no one).

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Sens going into full rebuild from my gut feeling. I expect Stone to go to Winnipeg for Niku and a 1st and Duchene to go to Nashville for Tolvanen and a 1st. Dzingel to Calgary for 1st.

Sens bring in Batherson, Formenton, Brown next year and we have a young roster with a long year ahead.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
If they do trade the three guys would you want 1st in this years draft or the 2020 draft? It feels like the 2020 draft is very deep with higher skilled players than this year.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If they do trade the tree guys would you want 1st in this years draft or the 2020 draft? It feels like the 2020 draft is very deep with higher skilled players than this year.

I would prefer 2020 because those teams could magically miss playoffs next year too and more chance for lottery picks.

However, development years are a big big thing, as we saw from Tkachuk's pick so I think we will covet 2019 over 2020, especially to give the fanbase SOMETHING to be excited with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad