Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
If sign and trades are a possibility- kind of makes sense why the team and agent have a ton of dialogue/meetings

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Anyone see pageau getting dealt? I'm sure teams will be asking about him...
Yes, but it will wait until next year imo when he'll be a pending ufa.

Could also see them trading Tierney and trying to re-sign Pageau beyond next year, but it's probably an easier negotiation with an rfa Tierney than a ufa Pageau.

If Duchene were to stay, I could see both Tierney and Pageau dealt, but if Duchene goes, they likely hang on to at least one of them imo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion has to face the music and start working trades for these guys. He still hopes they come around and he will continue to hope unless they tell him NO flat out. He's going to run out of runway and have less options

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I am okay with moving pageau if it means getting something solid for the future. I expect we will be taking back a lot of cap dumps with prospects and picks.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Dorion has to face the music and start working trades for these guys. He still hopes they come around and he will continue to hope unless they tell him NO flat out. He's going to run out of runway and have less options
He can't publicly admit he's already working on trades, but, I bet he's already working on trades.
Like the Karlsson Saga, just we're actually going to trade at a decent time.

Reactions: Icelevel

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I am okay with moving pageau if it means getting something solid for the future. I expect we will be taking back a lot of cap dumps with prospects and picks.
Could, or we free up cap room for taking back late picks and bum contracts in the summer.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He can't publicly admit he's already working on trades, but, I bet he's already working on trades.
I think more would spill from other teams and the insiders if he was actively shopping them

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Trading these guys 4 months from UFA is most definitely not a decent time. They have hugely minimized value.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I think more would spill from other teams and the insiders if he was actively shopping them
You mean Garrioch who is slowly changing his tune from quiet optimism to "a decision has to be made soon" ie buckle up kiddies? You may be right but I'm sure Dorion has already started 'listening'. I get a feeling that Calgary will trade for Stone.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Trading these guys 4 months from UFA is most definitely not a decent time. They have hugely minimized value.
It's trade deadline and they had to wait to trade players so as not to start a full rebellion from the fan base (which, obviously started long ago). Dorion banked on them helping us not get last place (and it's still possible with the suckage in Detroit and Anaheim). We will still get lots of assets, capfriendly armchair GM will be fun post deadline.

Reactions: derriko

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It's trade deadline and they had to wait to trade players so as not to start a full rebellion from the fan base (which, obviously started long ago). Dorion banked on them helping us not get last place (and it's still possible with the suckage in Detroit and Anaheim). We will still get lots of assets, capfriendly armchair GM will be fun post deadline.
I dunno, in your post you said that we traded Karlsson at a worse time. I think it could be objectively viewed that the opposite is correct.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I dunno, in your post you said that we traded Karlsson at a worse time. I think it could be objectively viewed that the opposite is correct.
Yes and no. I would have preferred that rumoured Vegas package at the deadline but the fan base would have full revolted vs this slow agonizing death we are living through.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes and no. I would have preferred that rumoured Vegas package at the deadline but the fan base would have full revolted vs this slow agonizing death we are living through.
I feel like they could have actually bought more grace with the fanbase by just owning up to having to trade everyone this summer and making it happen then. Cut the cord and move on. Instead it just created 8 more months of drama while nobody could care about the on ice product knowing their future was still so much in the air.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Dorion is worse with these UFA signings than I was at doing my assignments on time in college.

I mean, if we only had one of Stone or Duchene to deal with I could kiiiind of see it going this far into the season, but with both needing a contract on top of Dzingel, this is sheer incompetence. Going from what Lebrun is reporting, it seems like they haven't really made any progress and we are less than two weeks away from the TDL!

Either he's just wasting time discussing with the agents and doing the whole "we offered them fair contracts but they chose to leave" BS until some team makes him the right offer, or he really is the worst GM in NHL history. I'm strongly inclined to believe the former because why would anyone leave things at the last minute with their two best forwards if they intend on keeping them? Way too risky.

So as of now, I expect both to be gone by the deadline, and we'll re-sign Dzingel as a "saving face" move and continue to be the worst team in the league for many years to come. But to be honest though, if we lose both Stone and Duchene after already giving up on EK, I might not care enough to stick around and watch this shit show. The only move here was to retain 61 and 95 and at least attempt to build around them along with Tkachuk and Chabot. Nothing else is acceptable.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Dorion is worse with these UFA signings than I was at doing my assignments on time in college.

I mean, if we only had one of Stone or Duchene to deal with I could kiiiind of see it going this far into the season, but with both needing a contract on top of Dzingel, this is sheer incompetence. Going from what Lebrun is reporting, it seems like they haven't really made any progress and we are less than two weeks away from the TDL!

Either he's just wasting time discussing with the agents and doing the whole "we offered them fair contracts but they chose to leave" BS until some team makes him the right offer, or he really is the worst GM in NHL history. I'm strongly inclined to believe the former because why would anyone leave things at the last minute with their two best forwards if they intend on keeping them? Way too risky.

So as of now, I expect both to be gone by the deadline, and we'll re-sign Dzingel as a "saving face" move and continue to be the worst team in the league for many years to come. But to be honest though, if we lose both Stone and Duchene after already giving up on EK, I might not care enough to stick around and watch this **** show. The only move here was to retain 61 and 95 and at least attempt to build around them along with Tkachuk and Chabot. Nothing else is acceptable.

seems to me we're stuck in a holding pattern where 2 guys haven't said yes and they haven't said no. and we've likely got about 48 hours before something has to give one way or the other.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
seems to me we're stuck in a holding pattern where 2 guys haven't said yes and they haven't said no. and we've likely got about 48 hours before something has to give one way or the other.
This is how I feel as well. Well I think they are both gone, the fact that it has gone this far, in my opinion, means that's they had some of idea of signing or are trying to sign.

Makes no sense why we would wait this long if the plan was to just trade them, there has obviously been intentions of signing them up until probably right now.

That or Dorion truly is the worst GM in the league.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

This is how I feel as well. Well I think they are both gone, the fact that it has gone this far, in my opinion, means that's they had some of idea of signing or are trying to sign.

Makes no sense why we would wait this long if the plan was to just trade them, there has obviously been intentions of signing them up until probably right now.

That or Dorion truly is the worst GM in the league.

As long as Stone and Duchene can see the light at the end of the tunnel (new arena, new owner, good young prospects making a difference) I think they will stay. That and if the money/term feel right.

I understand being at the bottom 2 years in a row would leave people with a sour taste in their mouths but I truly feel that the Sens will be on the upswing rather soon. We have some good pieces, we just need an owner willing to spend (on both the front office and players) and a good GM/coach combo to guide the team. Who knows, maybe Dorion would be an excellent GM if he had the Leafs/Habs budget/staff.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

There's no way anything can be said or done to change their mind at this point with days to go before the TDL. To get this far without really even knowing if they want to stay is insanity(if that is the case).

If the plan truly is to sign them there should already have been serious, ongoing talks for weeks now yet they've had the bare minimum number of meetings from all accounts. This is on Dorion for not being more proactive. In fact, they both should have been signed long term last summer.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
As long as Stone and Duchene can see the light at the end of the tunnel (new arena, new owner, good young prospects making a difference) I think they will stay. That and if the money/term feel right.

I understand being at the bottom 2 years in a row would leave people with a sour taste in their mouths but I truly feel that the Sens will be on the upswing rather soon. We have some good pieces, we just need an owner willing to spend (on both the front office and players) and a good GM/coach combo to guide the team. Who knows, maybe Dorion would be an excellent GM if he had the Leafs/Habs budget/staff.
They would be signed if that were the case. They aren't going to have their opinions changed a week before the deadline.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Boud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->