Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Meh, not a big deal. I'm sure it's not in place of in person scouting, more of a supplementary thing.

With that said, I'm shocked our org can afford an AHL subscription.
It's probably a Russian hacked stream on a Chinese knockoff ipad

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Meh, not a big deal. I'm sure it's not in place of in person scouting, more of a supplementary thing.

With that said, I'm shocked our org can afford an AHL subscription.

It's Dorion's personal Ipad though. The rest of the front office works off old Blackberry tablets.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Stone looked checked out to me last night and there's been no news there at all. I can't help but think he's already told them he's moving on.
He seems like a stand up guy,so I cant see him stringing the team along on his intent...Sad as it is dont think anyone can blame him at this point

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Stone looked checked out to me last night and there's been no news there at all. I can't help but think he's already told them he's moving on.

Could be it's weighing very heavily on his mind and distracting him.

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just check out.

Reactions: bert

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
to be fair, those old playbooks were pretty sweet at the time...
I have three of them at home collecting dust. They were great. You could actually read the screen in broad daylight. I bought one for each of my kids. Too bad they're paper weights now.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He seems like a stand up guy,so I cant see him stringing the team along on his intent...Sad as it is dont think anyone can blame him at this point

Could be it's weighing very heavily on his mind and distracting him.

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just check out.
Impossible to say I guess, I just thought he looked really disinterested last night and we haven't seen that from him much in his career.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Impossible to say I guess, I just thought he looked really disinterested last night and we haven't seen that from him much in his career.
He is the guy that probably has the most weight on his shoulders....He is pretty much the leader of our team,being forced to either turn his back on the team and move on for his own sake,or stick it out in what looks to be a pretty bleak situation

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I think the team might have gotten some very hard to turn down offers for Stone.

Now it's about getting Duchene to sign all while telling him that trading Stone makes the most sense considering the return they are looking at.

Duchene's lack of playoff experience likely makes him slightly less attractive as a rental and top line Cs are more important and much harder to find than top line RWs. I wouldn't be surprised that, if we keep one of them, it'll be Duchene over Stone.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He is the guy that probably has the most weight on his shoulders....He is pretty much the leader of our team,being forced to either turn his back on the team and move on for his own sake,or stick it out in what looks to be a pretty bleak situation
Yes, though spot for sure.

Hopefully that ~$70 mil he's about to get is a nice silver lining lol.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes, though spot for sure.

Hopefully that ~$70 mil he's about to get is a nice silver lining lol.
Nothing would make me happier as a fan,but if his salary comes at the price of cutting somewhere else to afford it...Then what is the point??

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think the team might have gotten some very hard to turn down offers for Stone.

Now it's about getting Duchene to sign all while telling him that trading Stone makes the most sense considering the return they are looking at.
That would be quite the turn of events. It sure would make up for some of the pain if we actually get decent returns on one or both this time. I think fans can accept players being dealt, but when it's for returns like Hoffman's and Karlsson's, it just kills it.

Reactions: topshelf15

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Nothing would make me happier as a fan,but if his salary comes at the price of cutting somewhere else to afford it...Then what is the point??
Ya I didn't necessarily mean with us, just that for all his agony lol, he's about to get handed a ton of money and I'm sure that makes up for any hardship he's going through.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Why would Stone or Duchene sign with the team they are being traded to when they hear that multiple teams are expressing interest, they are months away from UFA status and they can point to the Tavares Matthews deals and say “me want”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad