Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ignoring the big UFAs for now, if we're looking to bolster up our team for a 2021 to 2025 window, I think we need some help on the backend.

We currently have a lot of center depth in the system with Duchene (UFA), White, Pageau, Tierney, Brown, Norris and Chlapik. I think we can afford to move one of Pageau or Tierney and add a bit to fill a need on D,

Who could we target with one of those pieces, that might be ready by 2021? Do you think we could get a guy like Brannstrom, Timmins, or P.Myers?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ignoring the big UFAs for now, if we're looking to bolster up our team for a 2021 to 2025 window, I think we need some help on the backend.

We currently have a lot of center depth in the system with Duchene (UFA), White, Pageau, Tierney, Brown, Norris and Chlapik. I think we can afford to move one of Pageau or Tierney and add a bit to fill a need on D,

Who could we target with one of those pieces, that might be ready by 2021? Do you think we could get a guy like Brannstrom, Timmins, or P.Myers?
Tierney should be used as a trade chip imo. I could see JGP being the one moved sooner because of contract status, but Tierney is a nothing piece we should absolutely use as currency.

If we're a couple years away, then the only untouchables on the NHL roster currently should be the young guys that will play a part years from now in Chabot, Tkatchuk, White, Balcers, Lajoie and Jaros.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

What about Stone ( sign ) + Ceci vs Sanheim + Myers And the D goes like this
Chabot Myers
Sanheim Jaros
Wolanin Demelo ( JBD when is ready )

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
That was a week ago. Things change quickly. Plus my info is usually a few days slow

Honestly im still 50/50 on him.

Is your info the exact same info we are all exposed to then lol

Everybody is 50/50 on Stone signing.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

Brannstrom is as close to untouchable as you can get for a prospect. As my second team is Vegas, he is a top pairing D in the making.

In Vegas, he only has Theodore to compete with on the left side. As of right now, he's already better than 2-3 of Vegas's defenseman. A lot of fans are puzzled why he hasnt even gotten a game yet over the likes of plugs like Merrill and Holden.

Glass wasnt even offered for Karlsson, so hes out too. Hague should be a focus if Vegas is the trade partner.

Hague is trending to be a mini Shea Weber.

Reactions: Clayonator

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Brannstrom is as close to untouchable as you can get for a prospect. As my second team is Vegas, he is a top pairing D in the making.

In Vegas, he only has Theodore to compete with on the left side. As of right now, he's already better than 2-3 of Vegas's defenseman. A lot of fans are puzzled why he hasnt even gotten a game yet over the likes of plugs like Merrill and Holden.

Glass wasnt even offered for Karlsson, so hes out too. Hague should be a focus if Vegas is the trade partner.

Hague is trending to be a mini Shea Weber.

Yeah, we're most likely not getting a top prospect for Stone or Duchene unsigned as rentals. We'll get a team's 2nd or 3rd best prospect at most if they don't have deep pools, 3rd or 4th for deeper teams. The rumour with Karlsson was that most teams were only offering up their 4th best prospect....

The x-factor could be if we can get an actual bidding war going between some powerhouse teams, and the dynamic completely changes. It doesn't seem like there was much of a successful bidding war for Karlsson despite our willingness to pull the trigger with San Jose.

Weren't GMs reportedly mad we made that trade with San Jose? That would almost indicate to me that they didn't take the situation seriously, didn't think SJS' offer was enough, but weren't willing to engage themselves. The only team we heard about with a pitch down the stretch was Dallas with Hintz/Honka/Shore/Picks.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Lightning would probably be looking at Ceci or Dzingel if it's us. They had a scout at last night's game as well. Dzingel might make sense due to his low cap hit.

Their scout Pushor is a former defenseman, don't know if that's relevant since I don't know exactly how pro scouting works. They've been linked to Ceci in the past.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
They wouldn't part with Heiskanen for Karlsson before the dude had even played an NHL game. Not happening now for a lesser player.
And lol @ the second one

Circumstances change. I feel like Dallas may be feeling the pressure to make the playoffs. Their top guys aren't getting any younger..

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Circumstances change. I feel like Dallas may be feeling the pressure to make the playoffs. Their top guys aren't getting any younger..

Their defense is pretty subpar and would be even worse without Heiskanen. He is untouchable.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Heiskanen is the cornerstone of their future and their best dman.

Trying to get into the playoffs by trading away their best dman isn't a good plan.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
They wouldn't part with Heiskanen for Karlsson before the dude had even played an NHL game. Not happening now for a lesser player.
And lol @ the second one

The only reason why I said Stone for Laine is because he's about to get PAID. Stone would also fit their roster perfectly and make everyone around him better.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lightning would probably be looking at Ceci or Dzingel if it's us. They had a scout at last night's game as well. Dzingel might make sense due to his low cap hit.

Their scout Pushor is a former defenseman, don't know if that's relevant since I don't know exactly how pro scouting works. They've been linked to Ceci in the past.

Ceci has all the physical tools. There has to be a few teams that think they can get more out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad