Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Heiskanen is not going anywhere for a rental.

Laine for Stone makes sense for WPG if it comes with an extension. Laine is having an incredibly inconsistent season and on a long term deal will likely command big money. They are in win now mode and right now Stone is the better player.

I think a more realistic scenario would be WPG trades big package for Stone either signed or as a rental w/ conditional picks, then if/when they extend him in the off season, they flip Laine to recoup those picks and give his intended cap to Stone.

A long way of doing Laine for Stone, but they also get Laine as a rental going into these playoffs.

Would Ottawa pay Laine 8-10 million?

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Heiskanen is not going anywhere for a rental.

Laine for Stone makes sense for WPG if it comes with an extension. Laine is having an incredibly inconsistent season and on a long term deal will likely command big money. They are in win now mode and right now Stone is the better player.

I think a more realistic scenario would be WPG trades big package for Stone either signed or as a rental w/ conditional picks, then if/when they extend him in the off season, they flip Laine to recoup those picks and give his intended cap to Stone.

A long way of doing Laine for Stone, but they also get Laine as a rental going into these playoffs.

Would Ottawa pay Laine 8-10 million?

What I was trying to say.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Ceci has all the physical tools. There has to be a few teams that think they can get more out of him.

Would be nice to get a 1st and two B or C prospects for him....Ceci to Tampa would be funny considering how hyped their posters have been for a different Senators RD

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wonder if we can do Ceci for Callahan Foote and a 1st/2nd

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Price for Panarin is apparently absurdly high. The situation in Columbus is a different one than ours, they don't have to trade Panarin for the best offer at the deadline if they don't like the best offer, they can keep him and benefit from having him as an "own rental".

This is a good thing for Ottawa for two reasons. Possibly keeps an elite rental off the market. It also sets the opening ask for a similar player to Stone at a very high price which should hopefully put us in a position to be able to get a good return, even if we aren't able to get as much whatever Columbus' price is on Panarin that in this scenario doesn't get met.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Price for Panarin is apparently absurdly high. The situation in Columbus is a different one than ours, they don't have to trade Panarin for the best offer at the deadline if they don't like the best offer, they can keep him and benefit from having him as an "own rental".

This is a good thing for Ottawa for two reasons. Possibly keeps an elite rental off the market. It also sets the opening ask for a similar player to Stone at a very high price which should hopefully put us in a position to be able to get a good return, even if we aren't able to get as much whatever Columbus' price is on Panarin that in this scenario doesn't get met.

I still think it would be interesting to send them one of Duchene/Stone in a three way trade where the third team gets Panarin and we get futures.
That's mostly because I'm a fan of both teams though lol.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Wonder if we can do Ceci for Callahan Foote and a 1st/2nd

I don't think we're getting as much as LAK got for Muzzin for Ceci. In a best case scenario, I think with Tampa we get their 2019 1st and a B or C prospect, not Foote. If TBL make the final and that 1st goes to the Rangers, we'd get their 2020 1st instead.

If we do take Callahan as you're suggesting, that raises the price so maybe your prediction makes sense. I don't know how high it raises it. I don't think it's enough to get Foote, but the most comparable trade I can think of would be Chicago giving up Teuvo Teravainen for only a late 2nd+future 3rd because Carolina took Bickell.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I still think it would be interesting to send them one of Duchene/Stone in a three way trade where the third team gets Panarin and we get futures.
That's mostly because I'm a fan of both teams though lol.

CBJ was after Duchene for a long time. It'd be funny if Ottawa ends up dealing Duchene in a similar format to the one they used to acquire him. I don't think anybody will meet Columbus' price for Panarin as a rental if it is as high as described, and Columbus' only incentive to make that kind of three way deal is if Duchene comes with an extension, otherwise it's just musical chairs for the sake of musical chairs.

Going back to the original Duchene trade, Columbus also might have been one of the third teams Sakic was shopping Turris to. Way before the COL/NSH/OTT trade went down, Jarmo was on Hockey Central at Noon, and one of the guys was messing with him about the "three way trade we all heard about" and whether it'd go down, but they never really elaborated.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
CBJ was after Duchene for a long time. It'd be funny if Ottawa ends up dealing Duchene in a similar format to the one they used to acquire him. I don't think anybody will meet Columbus' price for Panarin as a rental if it is as high as described, and Columbus' only incentive to make that kind of three way deal is if Duchene comes with an extension, otherwise it's just musical chairs for the sake of musical chairs.

Regarding an extension, I think Duchene would be much more likely to sign in Columbus than Panarin, considering Duchene's main reasoning is wanting to play on a playoff team.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Duchene to Jets would be unrealll.

Chevys going to cave I know it. Their times now and their roster is only going to fall apart with new contracts coming in.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
The whole purpose of this league is to get championships, some GM is going to go for it. Hopefully we get to reap the benefits of that. I wish we had a better GM to handle this but PD will have to step up. Come on you f***k

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
not sure if this was already posted but ..

Absolutely horrible if true; regardless of what the COO might say regarding the rebuild and pieces coming back

Reactions: derriko

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
There's enough demand for depth defencemen at this time of year that I'm sure we could get a (late) pick for him if we were planning to go that route.

That's what I'm hoping for, I also think we should be able to get a pick for him since he's young and GMs are suckers for big guys

Just not confident in Dorion whatsoever in making anything honestly

Also this might all be related to Gouloubef and whether he's sent back

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Harpur for Koekkoek? Barely playing in CHI. Linked to Ottawa previously.

Otherwise, should be a 7th round pick at most. If we get anything more than that, we've hit a home run.

Reactions: NB613 and derriko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad