Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Acccountant

Feb 3, 2019
Nashville wouldn't.

Teams almost never trade their best prospect, let alone two, for a rental.

What’s nice though is they keep their 1st which allows them to potentially add another piece.

Not all teams will value Fabbro higher than a known commodity (the 1st) due to the risk of him not signing.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Nashville wouldn't.

Teams almost never trade their best prospect, let alone two, for a rental.
I’m going to assume Nashville is his number one (or very close) choice of destinations though.
He gets traded there, he will sign there pretty much slam dunk I would say.

Reactions: The Acccountant

The Acccountant

Feb 3, 2019
That’s at least how PD should be pitching it in talks.

I’d also tell Nashville if they don’t offer both he is going to Winnipeg and best of luck.

The only positive in all this is the western teams could be used against each other to drive the price up

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Teams are pushing Dorion hard for Stone and Duchene. No concrete offers I don't think but serious talk.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more im ready for a firesale rebuild.

How is this team supposed to surround Duchene and Stone with enough talent to contend? Tkachuk, Batherson, Brown, and Balcers all reaching most of their potential would complete the top 6 , but thats pretty unlikely they all do.

The defense is Chabot, and to a lesser extent Lajoie and Jaros. How do you get a top pairing guy or two with 2nd round picks?

assuming
Chabot-xxx
Lajoie-xxx
xxx-Jaros

Then in goal you're putting a lot of hope into a 20 year old goalie who is struggling to even be a decent AHL goalie at the moment. Gus has starter potential, but goalies are extremely hard to predict.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That’s at least how PD should be pitching it in talks.

I’d also tell Nashville if they don’t offer both he is going to Winnipeg and best of luck.

The only positive in all this is the western teams could be used against each other to drive the price up
I mean if they could turn duchene in to two top assets like that (tolvanen and fabbro/similar) then it’s almost a win under the circumstances.

Brown should be ready next year so duchenes spot can be filled internally. The offensive numbers won’t be the same but according to the melnyk plan we’re not competing for anything next year anyway.

Trade duchene and Dzingel. Sign stone, add the trade returns, bring up brown and Batherson. Add Formenton and Norris when ready. Let future play out.
We’re fine.

Tkachuk-White-Stone
Batherson-Brown-Tolvanen
Balcers-Pageau-Ryan
Paul-Chlapik-???
Formenton
Norris

Last edited:

The Acccountant

Feb 3, 2019
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more im ready for a firesale rebuild.

How is this team supposed to surround Duchene and Stone with enough talent to contend? Tkachuk, Batherson, Brown, and Balcers all reaching most of their potential would complete the top 6 , but thats pretty unlikely they all do.

The defense is Chabot, and to a lesser extent Lajoie and Jaros. How do you get a top pairing guy or two with 2nd round picks?

assuming
Chabot-xxx
Lajoie-xxx
xxx-Jaros

Then in goal you're putting a lot of hope into a 20 year old goalie who is struggling to even be a decent AHL goalie at the moment. Gus has starter potential, but goalies are extremely hard to predict.

Same - The fact we could potentially walk away with 5 firsts in the next 2 years plus some prospects is enticing.

Adding 5 first round players to our young core with our draft history could be the optimal route.

Not to mention if EK extends and they make the final that’s 7 firsts in 3 years

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Stone to Vegas. (Glass, Clarkson, 1st, 3rd, 2nd/conditional 1st)
Duchene to Winnipeg. (Stanley, 1st, 2nd/conditional 1st)
Dzingel to Calgary. (1st, mid prospect)
Ceci to Phoenix. (1st, low prospect)
Andy to Edmonton. (Talbot, 4th)

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Were we to acquire multiple 1sts for our guys, I wonder if we’d keep them or use them to trade up. Would be ironic if we ended up re acquiring ours at the draft.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I m more likely to keep Duchene over Stone. Stone piss me off since one month and a half with is blind pass. Trade Stone for 1 rnd + Tolvanen + Fabbro Keep Dzingle if the cost is right and go like this next year
Dzingle Duchene Batherson
Tkatchuk Brown Tolvanen
Balcer White Ryan
Formenton Pageau Paajarvi

Chabot Demelo
Lajoie Jaros
Wolanin Fabbro

Nilsson
Condon or Hogberg or Gus

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Stone to Vegas. (Glass, Clarkson, 1st, 3rd, 2nd/conditional 1st)
Duchene to Winnipeg. (Stanley, 1st, 2nd/conditional 1st)
Dzingel to Calgary. (1st, mid prospect)
Ceci to Phoenix. (1st, low prospect)
Andy to Edmonton. (Talbot, 4th)
You are giving Pierre Dorion far too much credit if you believe he can actually pull off any of these trades.

Reactions: Sensung and BK201

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I feel like Duchene to Carolina makes a lot of sense. They'd probably look at a sign and trade. If we could steal Necas, that's a huge win.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Can we tittle this edition of the proposal’s tread the “So many assets!” edition?

If EK got 6, Stone+Duch+Dizzy+Ceci= at least 9 assets!

FIFTEEN TOTAL ASSETS?!?!? DORION IS A GENIUS!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
TFW when NSH already has Johansen but they steal Turris and Duchene from you as well

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think we MUST retain Duchene and Dzingel.

A) our center depth is not good enough to loose a top 6 center. Duchene is our only top 6 center.

No no one else is a bonafide #2 no

B) our wing depth past tkatchuk is not very good. Ryan is ok.

Who we really need to trade:

Zack Smith really needs to go
Mark Borocop
Cody Ceci
Mark Stone IF he doesnt want to be here.

Resign MPS (not just because of last night although it was first sens game i watched all year) for 1 million boom.

You are giving Pierre Dorion far too much credit if you believe he can actually pull off any of these trades.

Yeah i think he botches this too

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Turris is a mistake

Don't think they can keep all 3 long-term

I think they could move Turris for a soft return if they desired to do so.

If they get Duchene, it might be the smart move to ditch Turris now before he has any further decline.

He doesn't have a NTC, he doesn't have any signing bonuses, and 6M is in line with what a veteran 2C should make. His term might be an issue when trying to deal him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Teams are pushing Dorion hard for Stone and Duchene. No concrete offers I don't think but serious talk.

Looks like Dorion is playing the "I really want to re-sign them" card to make teams offer more enticing deals.

Hopefully it works and they pay up hard!

Reactions: DJB

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I m more likely to keep Duchene over Stone. Stone piss me off since one month and a half with is blind pass. Trade Stone for 1 rnd + Tolvanen + Fabbro Keep Dzingle if the cost is right and go like this next year
Dzingle Duchene Batherson
Tkatchuk Brown Tolvanen
Balcer White Ryan
Formenton Pageau Paajarvi

Chabot Demelo
Lajoie Jaros
Wolanin Fabbro

Nilsson
Condon or Hogberg or Gus
I like this because it guarantees us a few first overalls.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Nashville is by far the most aggressive and motivated team thus far. Not sure how it would work but I could see a scenario where they end up with both Stone and Duchene . ...:popcorn:

Dont think they have enough quality assets to pull that off. Not saying it won't happen, just if they do I expect an underwhelming return.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Nashville is by far the most aggressive and motivated team thus far. Not sure how it would work but I could see a scenario where they end up with both Stone and Duchene . ...:popcorn:

Maybe Subban comes back....his contract just so happens to expire at the commencement of Ottawa's Great Leap Forward in 2021-22 :sarcasm:

Reactions: ffayyca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad