Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Dont think they have enough quality assets to pull that off. Not saying it won't happen, just if they do I expect an underwhelming return.

I strongly disagree with this. They are probably one of the teams with the more attractive trade assets, imo. Not saying well get all these pieces, but any trade package with guys like Fiala, Jarnkrok, Tolvanen, Fabbro, Allard, NAS 1st (2019 and/or 2020).

You'd kinda have to assume Bonino would be coming back in this scenario too. He's not great, but he's probably better than Tierney at this stage and is a guy that could be flipped for extra assets.

I'm also expecting an underwhelming return regardless, so if moving them together means we can snag Fiala + Tolvanen + I'd be all for it.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I mentioned them before for Duchene but Calgary is another team that has interest in Stone.

The majority of teams including ones out of the playoffs have inquired about Stone.

Reactions: NB613

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Tolvanen , Fabbro, Emil Pettersson , 1st , plus two conditional firsts off the top of my head.

Is this offer what you have heard? If we got that haul fine I could live with it. Just dont see them coughing up there 1st round pick for 6 years (Fabbro, Tolvanen, traded last years plus the 3 in this offer). Big price to pay for an organization that has a budget like us.

I strongly disagree with this. They are probably one of the teams with the more attractive trade assets, imo. Not saying well get all these pieces, but any trade package with guys like Fiala, Jarnkrok, Tolvanen, Fabbro, Allard, NAS 1st (2019 and/or 2020).

You'd kinda have to assume Bonino would be coming back in this scenario too. He's not great, but he's probably better than Tierney at this stage and is a guy that could be flipped for extra assets.

I'm also expecting an underwhelming return regardless, so if moving them together means we can snag Fiala + Tolvanen + I'd be all for it.
Fiala + Tolvanen is all you want for Duchene and Stone?
Going this hard I doubt they take anyone decent off their roster so I think Fiala is a dream. Jarnkrok and Bonino is what I would expect. Then you have the futures which I addressed above.

So overall I'll clarify, they do have the assets to pull it off but I dont see them offering those assets. More what I meant the first time.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Nashville is by far the most aggressive and motivated team thus far. Not sure how it would work but I could see a scenario where they end up with both Stone and Duchene . ...:popcorn:

This has been something quite a few people have speculated about dating back to the start of the season.

Ottawa dealing Stone/Duchene as a package and acting as a king maker. If it works, it could create a massive bidding war.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
This has been something quite a few people have speculated about dating back to the start of the season.

Ottawa dealing Stone/Duchene as a package and acting as a king maker. If it works, it could create a massive bidding war.
Dealing them together increases the odds that the picks they get in return are low first rounders and limits the number of balls in the lotto bin for the Sens.

They should be targeting teams that might miss the playoffs and are offering comparable returns. Two 1sts from 2 teams this year is better than 2 1sts from the same powerhouse team over the next 2 years.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Dealing them together increases the odds that the picks they get in return are low first rounders and limits the number of balls in the lotto bin for the Sens.

They should be targeting teams that might miss the playoffs and are offering comparable returns. Two 1sts from 2 teams this year is better than 2 1sts from the same powerhouse team over the next 2 years.

That is a fair point, but if dealing them together leads to Ottawa getting an actual A level prospect, let alone two like Tolvanen and Fabbro, I think it makes up for that.

If both won't sign deals at the deadline with teams acquiring them, and they are both rentals, I'm skeptical that we'll get A level prospects for them. Teams rarely give that up. Even with Karlsson, the rumour was that most teams were offering us their 4th best prospect. (Can't remember whether that was Friedman, Lebrun, or McKenzie who said that)

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
That is a fair point, but if dealing them together leads to Ottawa getting an actual A level prospect, let alone two like Tolvanen and Fabbro, I think it makes up for that.

If both won't sign deals at the deadline with teams acquiring them, and they are both rentals, I'm skeptical that we'll get A level prospects for them. Teams rarely give that up. Even with Karlsson, the rumour was that most teams were offering us their 4th best prospect. (Can't remember whether that was Friedman, Lebrun, or McKenzie who said that)
I hear you.

If the Preds are willing to overpay, relative to the combined package from other teams it has to be considered, but it better be prospect based and not draft pick based.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Is this offer what you have heard? If we got that haul fine I could live with it. Just dont see them coughing up there 1st round pick for 6 years (Fabbro, Tolvanen, traded last years plus the 3 in this offer). Big price to pay for an organization that has a budget like us.

Fiala + Tolvanen is all you want for Duchene and Stone?
Going this hard I doubt they take anyone decent off their roster so I think Fiala is a dream. Jarnkrok and Bonino is what I would expect. Then you have the futures which I addressed above.

So overall I'll clarify, they do have the assets to pull it off but I dont see them offering those assets. More what I meant the first time.

Poile could acquire both Duchene and Stone with the intention of trying to re-sign them in the summer. It sounds crazy, but it could work.

Nashville has about 13 million in cap space next season with 17 players already signed. Fiala is their only player who would be seeking a raise, and he's an RFA who will not be arbitration eligible.

Whatever Poile gives up for Duchene and Stone, if he is able to re-sign them, he could then deal Johansen to recoup some of the picks/prospects he gave up while also opening up the additional cap space needed to make the extensions work. If he dumps either Bonino or Craig Smith in the trade with Ottawa, or if Fiala is one of the pieces the Sens go after, that's additional cap cleared in the 2019-20 season.

There's a lot of room for Nashville to be creative because they almost never give out NTCs. They could load up for a 2019 Stanley Cup run and then trade 2-3 players at the draft in order to enable them to re-sign Stone and Duchene.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm resigned to to the fact they are gone.

If you have to take salary back, take some salary back. But that shouldn't count towards any of the value you are getting.

No Tierny's, or Demelo's or Boedker's.

If you need to take salary for them to make the trade, that's on the other team. If the year want to give up deadweight, perfect. But they should have to give up more futures.

We don't need anymore stop gaps who have value in a trade like Tierny.

Reactions: Icelevel

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I think hey should target teams that are competing with one another to up the offers. The Nashville and Winnipeg situation seems to me like if they can deal one of them to one of those teams it will really put the heat on the other to step up and match.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would be very interested in acquiring Gibson from the Ducks but have no idea what it would cost & if they would be willing to trade him. Obviously, Anderson would have to go the other way but then again that might also hurt our chances of getting into the 2020 lottery. We could have an exciting young team in the very near future but will need a #1 goalie to go anywhere & Gibson has shown he can be a very good goalie.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Agree
And if Melnyk spends to the ceiling in 2 years we can pay them and that speeds up the ''compete window'' compare to draft picks

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I mentioned them before for Duchene but Calgary is another team that has interest in Stone.

The majority of teams including ones out of the playoffs have inquired about Stone.

I thought you said Stone was signing?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
What he left out is that Dorion was at home watching the B Sens on his iPad.
I love that he brags about watching the young players on his iPad.
(For those that didn’t hear, he said this. About brown I think)

Reactions: Deku

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Meh, not a big deal. I'm sure it's not in place of in person scouting, more of a supplementary thing.

With that said, I'm shocked our org can afford an AHL subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad