Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
Knowing the sens luck they'll somehow win the lottery if they barely miss
that wouldn't be the end of the world... if they miss and they don't resign Bobrovsky, Panarin and Duchene they could be a lottery team in the 19-20 season and we'd have a second chance at the top 3!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
that wouldn't be the end of the world... if they miss and they don't resign Bobrovsky, Panarin and Duchene they could be a lottery team in the 19-20 season and we'd have a second chance at the top 3!
I forget could CLB move up to say around 4th OA??

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Nope.

In the event that they miss the playoffs, they either don't win a lottery pick and stay at their regular spot, or they win a top-3 pick. Nothing in between.

IF they miss, barring them collapsing down the stretch, and it's a 1-3 point miss, pre lottery pick will be around 12-15.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
IF they miss, barring them collapsing down the stretch, and it's a 1-3 point miss, pre lottery pick will be around 12-15.

They would really need to collapse to be higher than 14th... Philly is currently the only non-playoff team within 5 pts of them

The pick is currently at 15th but if Columbus wins their next game it could be as high as 20th

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Jesse Puljujarvi double hip surgery.

He is getting close to no longer being waiver exempt.

His production stinks both in the NHL and AHL.

He has yet to make an effort to learn English.

His agent has publicly commented that a trade might be best.

Has everything that could possibly happen to crater his value happened?

Is this an opportunity for another team to steal a former blue chip talent at a liquidation price? Or is this Filatov 2.0?

What pick would you guys give up for Puljujarvi if EDM auctioned him off at the draft? Would you go as high as 32nd overall? (Basically giving the a 1st round calibre prospect).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Is this an opportunity for another team to steal a former blue chip talent at a liquidation price? Or is this Filatov 2.0?

What pick would you guys give up for Puljujarvi if EDM auctioned him off at the draft? Would you go as high as 32nd overall? (Basically giving the a 1st round calibre prospect).

A 3rd for me. He could definitely prove me wrong, but .. I would not give up more.

Would make a good main boards poll.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018

I'd give up the Florida 2nd... it's likely around 40

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
Would anyone be interested in Anton Stralman this offseason to come in and mentor the young defenseman we have?

Don't know if they can afford him in Tampa, but he also miht want to go to a contender. We could probably offer him $5 X 2-3 years and it would mean we don't have to rush Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie, etc, as well as play them on their off wing.

Another candidate is Tyler Myers, but even then I really liked Gonchar and what he provided for Karlsson in terms of mentoring and leading a PP, that it could be similar as Stralman has great positioning in the D zone he could input to the young D

Reactions: h2owned

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Ceci for Puljujarvi and a 3rd (+ cap dump)?

We have Jaros who can replace Ceci (assuming Jaros isn't played as the top shutdown D-man in the league for C's) Coaching staff will have to monitor D-men TOI differently since we are missing a top pairing RHD (Karlsson? lol)

Puljujarvi a "reclamation project" but damn, a lot of young forwards to compete with each others. I guess at some point we could package a few when a young star is available (like a Seguin or Stone)

Oilers have been linked to have interest in Ceci, no? They are always ready to spend so...

Reactions: NB613

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Would anyone be interested in Anton Stralman this offseason to come in and mentor the young defenseman we have?

Don't know if they can afford him in Tampa, but he also miht want to go to a contender. We could probably offer him $5 X 2-3 years and it would mean we don't have to rush Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie, etc, as well as play them on their off wing.

Another candidate is Tyler Myers, but even then I really liked Gonchar and what he provided for Karlsson in terms of mentoring and leading a PP, that it could be similar as Stralman has great positioning in the D zone he could input to the young D
I have a hard time seeing anyone signing with this team who isn't a 4th line tweener.

Reactions: NB613 and Samboni

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

I'm always for taking a chance on these reclamation projects, and if you would have asked me a month ago I may have been willing to move (the equivalent of) the Blue Jackets 1st this season. Double hip surgery for a 20 year old is (incredibly) worrying though, and at this point in time I'm not sure I'd give up much of anything for him.

Not sure the Oilers have any incentive to do something like this, but I'd hope the Sens would be willing to eat some of their 1 year contract dumps. Maybe JP can be the sweetener in that type of deal, because I'd be hard pressed to move futures for him at this point.

To Ottawa: Sam Gagner + Brandon Manning + Jesse Puljujarvi
To Edmonton: Andrew Sturtz + Aaron Luchuk + Parker Kelly/Luke Loheit

Not sure I'd do anything beyond that until we see how JP looks post-recovery.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Puljujarvi = Filatov 2.0. Why waste a draft pick on a guy who may never play in the NHL again, especially after hip surgery, it makes no sense. Ottawa doesn't need him, they need good hockey players. Trade a UFA for him that has no future here like Pajaarvi, Gibbons or Lindberg or even Condon, that's all he's worth at this point. What's he done to garner any value?

Reactions: Samboni

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

That's something I thought about when looking up who the upcoming UFAs are. The thing is, I think you're way off on what Stralman's market value is. Look at Beauchemin a few years back getting 4.5M x 3 years under a much lower cap. Beauchemin probably was not seen as being as good as Stralman at that point either.

While I highly doubt the talk about us being a player in the UFA market is legitimate beyond us signing a few overpriced 3rd/4th liners on 1 year deals, if we are actually going to be a player, Stralman would be a great target.

Overpay him on a 2 year deal. In typical Sens fashion, backload the contract so that if we trade him next year the other team pays most of his salary.

It depends on what the market is for him, we'd probably have to pay him something in the 2 year 8-9 million range for it to make sense. I'm guessing he'll get 5M-6M from other teams with 4+ years of term. Teams are typically less worried about defenders dropping off. There's also no way he is taking a 3 year deal from anybody because then he is stuck trying to negotiate his next contract as a 35+ player.

A 2 year deal would be perfect for Stralman, because when it expires he'll still be 34 years old (won't be 35 until August of that year) so he won't be stuck limiting his marketplace by having to sign a 35+ year old contract. 35+ year old contracts stay on the books regardless of whether a player is bought out, so it limits the market for players that age.

It could be structured like....

2 years, 8M AAV
2019-20: 6.87M Salary (Full NMC)
2020-21: 9.13M Salary (Full NMC until December 31st 2020/10 Team No Trade List opens January 1st 2021)

Because the Sens will almost certainly deal him to a contender at the deadline, and the contract is backloaded, they only really pay him about 6.5M or a little less on season 2. So even know he gets an 8M AAV, it's more like the Senators are paying him in the 6-7 million range depending on how early they deal him.

An 8M AAV for an ageing #3D sounds like a lot, but that's the kind of contract we're going to have to table to get someone with options to come here. Stralman is going to get plenty of interest from other teams, as are any other decent top 4 options. UFAs already get overpaid, so we have to present a contract that looks better than ones that are already overpayments....

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Ceci for Puljujarvi and a 3rd (+ cap dump)?

We have Jaros who can replace Ceci (assuming Jaros isn't played as the top shutdown D-man in the league for C's) Coaching staff will have to monitor D-men TOI differently since we are missing a top pairing RHD (Karlsson? lol)

Puljujarvi a "reclamation project" but damn, a lot of young forwards to compete with each others. I guess at some point we could package a few when a young star is available (like a Seguin or Stone)

Oilers have been linked to have interest in Ceci, no? They are always ready to spend so...

Something around Ceci for Puljujarvi would be a nice way for both teams to save face if offers for Puljujarvi and Ceci are both soft.

Allows the Oilers to present that they got a "top pairing defender" in a deal for Puljujarvi, and it allows the Senators to present that they got a "blue chip prospect" back for Ceci, instead of settling for a 2nd round pick. Both being PR driven lies, but they are a lot easier to sell than "we traded Ceci for a late 2nd" or "we ruined our 4th overall picks development curve and traded him for a 2nd or 3rd".

As @stempniaksen pointed out, maybe we could take one of their lesser cap dumps like Gagner. Make it a bigger trade.

I'm assuming nobody is putting a 1st on the table for Ceci, or else he would have been dealt by now, hence the assumption that offers are soft. After this hip surgery, I doubt anybody puts anything more than a mid or late 2nd on the table for Puljujarvi, but I also don't think Edmonton will be enthused about the idea of having to sell to their fans that they've traded Puljujarvi for a 2nd or 3rd (even if it is the right move in their shoes since he is never going to make it with them).

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If we are to trade for Puljuarvi, I think a 2-for-1 deal could work

Something where we give them two cheap NHL ready player (like Balcers + Paul or something like that) for Puljuarvi or maybe Puljarvi + a cap dump (Gagner)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Look at the minutes Ceci plays & look at the minutes Puljujarvi plays & it's not even close. Puljujarvi is not an NHL player at this point & is going in for hip surgery, while Ceci is a right shot defenceman who has been over played & miscast by an inexperienced coach. Ceci was a 1st rd pick & IMO still has late 1st rd value while Puljujarvi has next to no value.

IMO if they played Ceci with Chabot both guys could help each other out & maybe finally we could see Ceci in more of an offensive role which IMO is where he belongs. Ceci could help Chabot defensively & Chabot would help Ceci get the puck out of his own end. IMO Ceci is much better than DeMello offensively & defensively, that would leave Jaros to play on the second pairing & leave the 3rd pairing right side for either DeMello or a better right shot they could get in a trade or JBD if & when he makes the team.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Look at the minutes Ceci plays & look at the minutes Puljujarvi plays & it's not even close. Puljujarvi is not an NHL player at this point & is going in for hip surgery, while Ceci is a right shot defenceman who has been over played & miscast by an inexperienced coach. Ceci was a 1st rd pick & IMO still has late 1st rd value while Puljujarvi has next to no value.

IMO if they played Ceci with Chabot both guys could help each other out & maybe finally we could see Ceci in more of an offensive role which IMO is where he belongs. Ceci could help Chabot defensively & Chabot would help Ceci get the puck out of his own end. IMO Ceci is much better than DeMello offensively & defensively, that would leave Jaros to play on the second pairing & leave the 3rd pairing right side for either DeMello or a better right shot they could get in a trade or JBD if & when he makes the team.
Ceci would be holding Chabot back if they played on the same pairing

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'd rather keep Balcers.....

Me too, he was probably a bad example but a prospect on that level, I'd guess.... maybe Formenton but it all depends on how we value our prospects and how we value Puljuarvi. Its all moot if we dont see him as a guy with a real chance to be a 1st/2nd liner

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

would have to be contract in contract out

poolparty for harpur+ floridas 2nd

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ceci would be holding Chabot back if they played on the same pairing
How do you know that? Ceci has much more experience in the NHl & is better than DeMello & DeMello plays with Chabot. I don't think anyone is going to hold Chabot back offensively, he has to improve his defensive play & that should come with experience & a bigger & better defensive partner would help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca