Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
We will sign Stone.... it will happen and we will be happy... unfortunately it may mean keeping Cody around :(

Reactions: pzeeman

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Only one possible situation I'm okay with – Stone re-signing today.

And yet, if that were going to happen, it would probably have been done by now.

LLxhRPz.gif

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm very worried.

Probably asking for too much.

We'll hold on to him to save face and he'll walk. I can feel it.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
If the saying "Things are always darkest before the dawn" is true, then Stone will get dealt today, and Thursday they will announce Lebreton plans which include Eugene selling all or a majority of the franchise.

It's the only thing I'm clinging to right now.

Reactions: Silencio

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
The UFA market will be hot this year. Stone, Karlsson, Duchene, Panarin all free agents potentially. Can Tampa sign them all?

SenatorsHockey

Sweet hockey body
Jan 6, 2009
Ottawa
I can almost understand why Dorion is waiting to trade Stone. Stone is immensely valuable to us and we have to get value back. If teams aren't offering enough, you don't trade him...

The problem is it should've never come to this. Other teams just don't value him like we do. We shouldn't be trading him. Other GMs know we're screwed either way since he probably won't re-sign with us, we have to trade him. Hmm, it's almost like this has happened before...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I can almost understand why Dorion is waiting to trade Stone. Stone is immensely valuable to us and we have to get value back. If teams aren't offering enough, you don't trade him...

The problem is it should've never come to this. Other teams just don't value him like we do. We shouldn't be trading him. Other GMs know we're screwed either way since he probably won't re-sign with us, we have to trade him. Hmm, it's almost like this has happened before...
So instead of getting 500,00 for something we value at 1,000,000 we get 0?

That's so backwads

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If the saying "Things are always darkest before the dawn" is true, then Stone will get dealt today, and Thursday they will announce Lebreton plans which include Eugene selling all or a majority of the franchise.

It's the only thing I'm clinging to right now.
The backlash from a disastrous trade is the silver lining I guess. This organization needs feel like they're at their lowest for anything positive to happen.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Oh I'm sure they do, but there's a line between how much you like a guy and how much of your farm you're willing to give up for ~4 months of his services.

The teams that are interested in him are all in good spots. They are contending teams. They don't need to mortgage their farm to get Stone. They are contending teams without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad