Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018

Obviously "grain of salt", but for those familiar, Kevin Lee is a pretty big Sens "super fan" on Twitter. I know that sounds silly, but he's well known in the Sens "fan community".

Similar to what we heard from Friedman.

if that's true then seriousIy **** you dorian and meInyk… getting to the point where part of me wishes someone wouId yeII to dorian at the rink just because of his stupidity IoI

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I’m cheering for them to crash and us draft around 15. I’d rather get a player in the system this year then wait until next year

You hope they crash because that would make you feel like you were right about Duchene.

Getting another 1st rounder is by far the best outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I find it a little strange that both Dallas and Columbus gave up conditional 1st round picks this year if they end up signing the players they traded for. If your Columbus and Panarin and Bobrovski walk, do you even bother offering Duchene a contract if it means you have to give up another 1st round pick that's unprotected when your team is a fringe playoff team that just got worse?

Absolutely. We know first-hand what is feels like when ownership and management just give up.

You have to try to compete if you want people to spend money on you.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You hope they crash because that would make you feel like you were right about Duchene.

Getting another 1st rounder is by far the best outcome.

I want them to miss the playoffs and crash because I don’t think for 1 second Duchene is signing in CLB. So to me the conditional 1st is a non issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Absolutely. We know first-hand what is feels like when ownership and management just give up.

You have to try to compete if you want people to spend money on you.
We also know first hand what it's like to go into a season with another team owning your first round pick.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
This is such a stupid and petty thing to say but you said it.

I want them to miss the playoffs and crash because I don’t think for 1 second Duchene is signing in CLB. So to me the conditional 1st is a non issue.
Agreed, I think we have a better shot at signing him then they do.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Look at the draft picks CBJ traded away. They didn't do that with the intention of rebuilding next year.

There's no doubt in my mind they'd give up a 1st round pick for 8 years of Duchene. The big question is whether or not Duchene would stay there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we do, then I don't want him.

It would definitely say a lot (and not in a positive way) about a player that would come back here after all this.
having a baby definitely puts things into perspective, and having a wife whos a new mother who likes a certain area or prefers a certain city definitely narrows options... that being said I doubt Duchene comes back here

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If he goes to the Habs I'd boo him forever.. :P

Yip me too. I think there is a very good chance he goes there. He likes this area, they were allegedly interested in him at the TDL. They have the room, and need a top 6C. The only hope is that the Duchene curse is real.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I think the poster above (previous page) has it right... the best case scenario for us with Columbus is they make playoffs, lose a heartbreaking 7 game series in round 1 then they offer big $$ for Duchene and Dzingle out of desperation to compete next year. THEN they do poorly next year and we get a top 10 pick. Would be great if Torts loses the room next year too, that can make things go bad in a hurry.

Reactions: Riceroni

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
Would you trade Dal 2nd 2020 for Kapanen (sign for $4M x 5years) and Marleau (instantly retires and we keep the cap hit)?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The Habs. They have a ton of cap space and need a 1C.
I see Columbus just missing the PO this year then Duchene signing in MTL or NYI and that team missing the PO next year lol

Its called the Duchene curse and its for real

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I think the poster above (previous page) has it right... the best case scenario for us with Columbus is they make playoffs, lose a heartbreaking 7 game series in round 1 then they offer big $$ for Duchene and Dzingle out of desperation to compete next year. THEN they do poorly next year and we get a top 10 pick. Would be great if Torts loses the room next year too, that can make things go bad in a hurry.

Knowing the sens luck they'll somehow win the lottery if they barely miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad